When you catch a cold...

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Posts
18,912
Media
180
Likes
68,361
Points
568
Location
U.S.A.
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Gender
Female
How do you pamper/medicate/soothe yourself and make it better? I'm sick as a mother-fuck and it's just miserable. It's the only thing I don't like about Autumn, I always catch cold. Always.

I like eating extra hot chili to clear my sinuses. I also have an extra comfy robe I only bust out when I feel all sniffly and congested.

My cat insists on being my mini-nurse. He is currently curled up on me as I type, and he won't let me get off the couch. I think he knows I need rest and fluids.

Horror movies are also a go-to when I'm feeling pooey.

As far as medicine, nothing really works for me besides Mucinex. That shit ain't half bad... I like edibles (cannabis) to help me sleep.

I hate getting sent home from work.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlteredEgo
Spicy, very spicy food. Usually soups. Mint tea as well as hot cocoa (some). Nature documentaries and Disney movies. A particular blanket that is huge and extremely fluffy and warm.

I hope you feel better soon!
 
How do you pamper/medicate/soothe yourself and make it better? I'm sick as a mother-fuck and it's just miserable. It's the only thing I don't like about Autumn, I always catch cold. Always.

I like eating extra hot chili to clear my sinuses. I also have an extra comfy robe I only bust out when I feel all sniffly and congested.

My cat insists on being my mini-nurse. He is currently curled up on me as I type, and he won't let me get off the couch. I think he knows I need rest and fluids.

Horror movies are also a go-to when I'm feeling pooey.

As far as medicine, nothing really works for me besides Mucinex. That shit ain't half bad... I like edibles (cannabis) to help me sleep.

I hate getting sent home from work.
Warm liquids might soothe. Chicken soup. Tea. Sounds like you’re doing everything else right. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better soon.
big-hug-gif-15.gif
Stay away from trolls.
giphy.gif
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy
Hot ginger tea/drinks....
Stuff is a miracle. Felt like I was dying one year & the lady doing my taxes offered me a packet.
Brought me back to functioning in record time.
Alka Seltzer nighttime cold drink is my go-to.
Food? Eh.... depends on whatever sounds good at the time.
And, I watch an array of crap on TV...... Walking dead, SpongeBob, first 48, live pd, ufc, Sharknado, ....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy
Declare myself the walking dead. A plague zone. A harbinger of disease to be shunned by all humanity.

Steal the boy's hoodie for self-pitying cuddles.

Ginger tea with honey and chamomile.

DVR binging whatever ever series I am behind on.

Hope ya get your feel better on soon, Ms. TnJ. Until then edibles and tell Mr. BB to spoil you rotten.
 
School started three weeks ago and my fourth grader came down with a head cold at the end of the first week. So, I'm just now finishing up a massive two-week head cold. Dayquil and Nyquil have been my go to during this particular bout. Along with lots of liquid.

Even though I kinda lost my taste buds for awhile, I found that food made me feel better. Soup. Oatmeal. A sandwich. Chicken and mashers. Hell, even a cookie helped. As long as I didn't let myself feel hungry I seemed to feel a little better.

The other thing I did every night before bed was take a very hot bath. It helped keep my sinuses open and draining. Did cause the dreaded red, sore nose from blowing it so often. But it did make me feel better.

I also kept up my workout and cardio schedule. I felt better after each workout/cardio session.

Also tried to sleep as much as I could. That seemed to help too. So did what @TexanStar recommended too. It really does work! Must be the endorphins...

Anyway, @Tight_N_Juicy, here's wishing your a speedy recovery. Hope you feel better real soon.
 
Being sick in hot weather is the worst.

I don’t do much about it when I’m sick. Ibuprofen if there’s a headache, and at night some Vick’s under the nostrils. NyQuil if it’s available.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy
I hope you are back on your feet soon @ Tight-N-juicy. My usual remedy is hot tea with honey and lemon, plenty of sleep under many covers to sweat the cold out, that might be a problem in 80+ degree heat. I have only used this remedy in the cooler part of the year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy