Why The Hangups

Bittydrew

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Why do guys have such a hangup on making out its part of sex if you ask me without it just not right thats the warm up to having sex to me...am I wrong?

Reactions: cherryboom66

MusicBear88

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that it boils down to a fear of intimacy. For a lot of people "sex" happens "down there" and is somehow detached from a lot of emotion. Kissing is literally in your face, which is one of the reasons that I love it so much! I'm all about intimacy, body contact, making a real connection with somebody even if you're not going to see them often or maybe ever again.

King Ding

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I can't speak for anyone else, but I think some guys will agree with me. For me the level of intimacy I am willing to share with a guy, is just not the same as with a woman. I am sexually, physically/visually, and emotionally attracted to women. With guys its purely sexual. I have taken cock in my hand, mouth, and ass, but the thought of holding that same guys hand, cuddling, or kissing him is repulsive to me. In the same way I could never be into feminine guys. Women=soft, man=hard is just the way my brain is wired, and kissing is a soft activity to me. I think it just boils down to the spectrum we all exist on, for many its not just 50/50.

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well said King Ding me too. With me and male partners its all about getting off.
Like many men, I was exactly like you for many years.....enjoyed everything else.....oral, anal, rimming, stroking, toys....but no kissing. I was always "curious" about kissing...but something always held me back.....Then one day, I just said "what the hell" and gave it a try.....and oh man.....just took the sex to another level.....the intimacy, eroticism, and sexual pleasure, energy and satisfaction was so much greater or enhanced........so while I understand where you are coming from, I say now I wish I had tried kissing much earlier!! No judgement here--we're all different....just my experience! Peace.

Reactions: surfnwoody

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why do guys have such a hangup on making out its part of sex if you ask me without it just not right thats the warm up to having sex to me...am I wrong?

So, I sucked I fucked I ate ass and fisted before I kissed. All those things can be pawned off as manly needs and rowdy young guns, and it is framed in a way that is very truncated from social life and relations sometimes. Kissing says girly and intimate to the toxic male cultural view of sex. This inhibition usually gets paved over by the whole "intimacy" thing gay dudes try to pretend is kept intact when they only had thirty men but didn't kiss. These cultural tendencies are residual homophobia and I say kiss dudes openly passionately and with abandon.

Reactions: Mister2101

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So, I sucked I fucked I ate ass and fisted before I kissed. All those things can be pawned off as manly needs and rowdy young guns, and it is framed in a way that is very truncated from social life and relations sometimes. Kissing says girly and intimate to the toxic male cultural view of sex. This inhibition usually gets paved over by the whole "intimacy" thing gay dudes try to pretend is kept intact when they only had thirty men but didn't kiss. These cultural tendencies are residual homophobia and I say kiss dudes openly passionately and with abandon.
It feels like you just finally give in to your sexual desires and hunger....letting go of all your inhibitions......and it just feels so liberating and totally erotic to me.....like I said....takes the intimacy and pleasure to a whole other level....

D

deleted1338543

I really, really don't like making out with hookups. But with "significant others" -- I could (and have) spent an hour or longer making out. I think King Dong nailed it, the only thing I'd add is that for some of us, including me, kissing implies not just greater intimacy but also a form of equality.

In my same-sex hookups, I'm much more into a clearly defined dom/sub status. In those situations, kissing seems ... weird.

Pumpme

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For me personally, I have just never met a guy I was interested in kissing, I would much rather we were using our mouths on each others cocks. I have spent some time with a few MtF individuals that I had absolutely no problem in kissing them and loved every minute of it, and actually look forward to that again soon. But, if a guy looks like a guy I would feel like I was french kissing my dad......yuck

mushroomcap

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
For me personally, I have just never met a guy I was interested in kissing, I would much rather we were using our mouths on each others cocks. I have spent some time with a few MtF individuals that I had absolutely no problem in kissing them and loved every minute of it, and actually look forward to that again soon. But, if a guy looks like a guy I would feel like I was french kissing my dad......yuck
I pretty much feel the same way. I enjoy everything about sex with another guy but just not making out with them. I’ve tried it a few times, but it too was like kissing my dad. Now if the guy was on the feminine side, that may be different. I’ve haven’t had that opportunity, yet. As for masculine men, just let me at your cock!

Bigredlobster

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Personally I love kissing so much that even seeing PDA out and about usually turns me on. Then again everyone has their own likes and dislikes and you've gotta respect that! So far my only experience with a guy has been with a "straight" friend after a few nights on the bevvy (drinking) and as much as I'd love to try kissing him, I think that would freak him out more than anything else he's let me do!