Work collegues?

dale90

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ok, ive recently started a new a job, and i gotta admit i really like one of the staff members. now my problem is, ive never ever had a relationship with someone i work with, or made a move, it just seems a whole different ball game to me. if im in a bar or something, i will hapily ask people out or for a drink, and not give a shit if i get turned down.
now my problems are
1.i dont know if she has any interst in me, or is just been nice since im new
2.and since i have to work with her, would find it embarrassing as fuck if she turned me down

so any thoughts? all help is very much welcome here!!!

BIGDP

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi, Dale90 --

Sounds like a sweet spot to be in. My recommendation is to focus on the job first and see how things turn out. I'm not saying you need to avoid her, but I think your career and earnings should come first.

I say this because if the job is good, but you have an affair with her and it turns weird, you may find yourself looking for another job.

I don't want to be the granny-buzz-kill on this thread, but I believe your employment and your livelihood are more important than trying to make it with a co-worker.

Cheers, and best wishes!
DP

dale90

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
usually, i would listen to that alot, but the jobs only tempory untill march, through my own choice as i do seasonal work through the summer. so i am quite happy to take that risk :)
thanks for your input though, and no doubt i will remember that and use it someday!

ILguy23

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well if its temporary, just wait until you get closer to it being over. That way she gets to get to know you a bit better first, and you get to know her, and then if it does get awkward it'll only be awkward for a little bit.

If you start hooking up, it won't matter that you don't work there anymore, you'll still be hooking up.

Better to wait, just as long as you don't end up in the friend zone or something.

D_Deceptivus Wrongpeter

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah, if this job has an expiration date stamped on it, wait till you're towards the end and then go for it.

I don't EVER mess with neighbors and co-workers. If something goes wrong, it's tough selling your house or getting a job to get away from somebody that turns out to be a real problem child.

dale90

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
well, i dont want to wait till march, becaus ei also move cities with jobs, not along way, couple of hours, but i dont want to have a go, suceed then move away, i want to see if there is anything there, spend a few months, then if things are well, move away but keeping the relationship, also, at work im not sure if its flirting, or just general chat, if it is flirting, and it goes on for so long...its going to dissolve into nothing. if that makes any sense to anyone else, i praise you :)