Are Black people more Racist Than Caucasians?

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
...I only say Black people are more racist because Black people think about race more than White people.

If you poll White people, most of them don't think about race until it's forced onto them.

Black people are brought up taught to not trust most White people. And usually because of blanketing the race...thus racism.

...but I do agree with you.

dutchlatino2

Just Browsing
Media
...I only say Black people are more racist because Black people think about race more than White people.

If you poll White people, most of them don't think about race until it's forced onto them.

Black people are brought up taught to not trust most White people. And usually because of blanketing the race...thus racism.

You mean white people are brought up not to trust most black people!

INDFEM

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You
and it is deemed acceptable for a black man to be racist because of our nations past? I find it sad that some black people are even brought up by their parents still believing this. perhaps it's just the media playing tricks on me? I have hung out with black people before many times and i get that blame-it-on-the-honkey mentality.

now I understand this is not a 100% stereotype glove-fit. there are exceptions obviously. but has the word racist morphed into a word designed for white people who are intolerant of other cultures? If you do not understand what I'm saying, basically how most words start out non-pejorative and turn pejorative such as gay, bitch, fag, etc.

Please respond with your opinion no matter what your race is!

And please don't even TRY to give me shit about not using the term african-american. you'll just be proving my point furthermore.

Have limited exposure to Black and White . But the answers if YES. Blacks are more racist ..

For that Matter, I believe Indians are more racist than White or Blacks.

PS: I am Indian. trying to be neutral and true.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

What you speak of is a reactionary/defensive kind of "racism" as a result of distrust - distrust born of the historical and social marginalization of a people, treating them in various ways as unequals, and/or differentiating them and stereotyping them in the media, in culture, in politics, etc. etc. etc.

...I can't speak on that. Every White person I talk to acts like racism isn't a thing until Black people start talking about it. I try to believe it to be true.

Exactly. Then when Black people start talking about it, some become defensive and in denial by shifting the focus and calling those of us who talk about it "race baiters", "race peddlers", and "part of the problem". They'd have us believe WE'RE the ones going around imagining all of this non-existent racism.

D

deleted15807

What you speak of is a reactionary/defensive kind of "racism" as a result of distrust - distrust born of the historical and social marginalization of a people, treating them in various ways as unequals, and/or differentiating them and stereotyping them in the media, in culture, in politics, etc. etc. etc.

Exactly. Then when Black people start talking about it, some become defensive and in denial by shifting the focus and calling those of us who talk about it "race baiters", "race peddlers", and "part of the problem". They'd have us believe WE'RE the ones going around imagining all of this non-existent racism.

And when statistics are produced clearly highlighting the disparities across the board from jobs to housing to policing to hate crimes to any number of things both serious and benign it is all conveniently ignored and dispensed in favor of personal little anecdotes that are at the bottom of the ladder in terms of "proof". It's right there with UFO and Elvis sightings.

Reactions: b.c. and temptotalk