Frequency of sex for couples

903private

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My wife and I have been married for 20 years. The first 10 years we couldn't keep our hands off each other. We had sex on an almost daily basis, some days it was multiple times. Then the car accident. In the last 10 years she's had a dozen brain surgeries, half a dozen back surgeries, and two neck surgeries. Due to the brain trauma she suffered she's also an epileptic. Between the surgeries, constant dibilitating chronic pain, and all the meds her libido no longer exists. We haven't had sex in over a year. She has told me she's not being a good wife by not performing her "wifely duties", but it' not her fault and sex isn't fun when your wife is crying and begging you to hurry up and finish. She's an awesome woman and a fantastic mother dispite her disabilities and I love her so very much! I think if it weren't for the accident we'd still have a very happy sex life and be having sex a couple times a week. Never take for granted what you have, it can be taken from you in the blink of an eye!

thick_guy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My wife and I have sex three times a week: Tuesday nights, Friday nights, and Sunday mornings. I know, not very spontaneous - in fact, the exact opposite of spontaneous, lol - but the scheduling makes it happen, and we both want it to happen. We have been doing it this way for ~25 years, and while it isn't a perfect system, it's worked for us. I appreciate the consistency, and also the GGG attitude we bring to each other's needs. Our sessions still run 45 min to 2 hours, and we still have a lot of fun w/each other during that time.

We discovered early in our relationship that my wife's sex drive wasn't quite as strong as my own, or maybe she was just more easily sated. My size (girth) also made it difficult fo her to have penetrative sex on consecutive days. She found she needed a day off between sessions. Once we had kids (now teens), it was just a lot easier to schedule things.

Again, we've been doing this for about 25 years. While I might have wished for more frequent sex earlier in the relationship, I am grateful that we have maintained what we have, and our pace has not slowed. From talking with friends, I think I am luckier than many of them. :blush:

insert_8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
For the first two years or so after marriage it probably averaged 12 - 15 times a week (and three times a day wasn't uncommon).

Now, it's about 3 or 4 times a month. Although sometimes we'll go for several weeks without sex, then do it 2 or 3 times in one week. We're in our mid 60's, married over 43 years.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The first time I answered this question was not long after I joined. The frequency was a lot more then. Now, if it's twice a week we're fortunate. Life happens. Schedules happen. Longest apart was six months once. Last time he was in Asia for four months. We both flew to London for a long weekend. We knew we wouldn't make the complete four months without one or both of us going crazy.

We have to make ourselves have dates. Sometimes one of us will kidnap the other one and spend even just a night in Daytona or Tampa, somewhere driving distance for some us time.

libralover4u2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My wife and I were married for 23 years and we had sex at least once a day, more on the weekends. She was a very hot, gorgeous Asian gal when we met and stayed that way, even after three children. We always started with lots of foreplay and loving, and I made sure she had at least one orgasm every time we had sex. Looking back on it, I think that helped keep sex enjoyable for her. And as for me, she could French kiss me and I was hard.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
We've lived together 12 years, been married 2-1/2. Barring illness or a big issue we pretty much always have had sex at least once a week, usually twice, and here and there have some really busy weeks. And we both touch, rub, grab every night at bedtime and when we wake. Just having each other there is a comfort. Right now she is on a week-long business trip...we had some great sex before she left, and hope to repeat it when she returns.

jimmyjohn2018

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We have been together 13 years, and sex has dwindled to nothing. Its very frustrating and breeds suspicion. I often think about playing away, but haven't yet.

Talk about it. Been here and we talked about it, and then I had a real talk about it. I explained in detail how much it hurt me when she would turn me down, over and over. I talked honestly about my wandering thoughts. In the end it was the best thing I ever did. I had to really open up (and I am not like that at all) but I think that is what really made her realize that it was sex or the marriage.

I guess if she would not have responded very positively we probably would both be single now.

bigbucky

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
married over 40 yrs and now old, health problems, so sex in non-existent. but my wife and I had sex almost every day for around 25 years. in our prime it was several times a day, especially when my wife was around 30 yo. I would come home from work and hear "I'm in bed!" most every day. she was very needful of my big cock. we'd fuck a couple more times in the evening and again before work in the morning. she said I spoiled her. her gfs complained of not having an orgasm in so, so long and she was having 4-5 a day. in my mid 30's I added about an inch to my length and girth and her orgasms came much quicker than before. even after we slowed down we were still fucking a lot on the weekends. early on, we were close friends with another couple and we had more sex in a day than they did in a couple weeks. my wife and I were a perfect match for sex.

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Our first 15 years it was daily most of the time, sometimes twice a day/night, sometimes 3+ times a day depending on vacations, holiday days off together, etc.. So much sex it was like 30x a month or so. She got cancer and we had to take time off, but then it was nearly daily again for a few months but then it came back and radiation and chemo for the second battle and it took months to have sex again and then it was slow going, barely could do it. So like 2 years of very reduced sex. Then it was massive amounts of sex for a few years until menopause started, due to chemo aftereffects. 2020 it started. Then it was a little sex for a few months thanks to hormone therapy, but then it quit working. 2022-2023 it was 14 months of no sex. Then real HRT started last year and we had sex a few times a month starting in the summer. I cherished every single time we could do it, every minute of it. End of year we were doing it maybe 8-10 times a month. This year its been just a handful of times to HRT complications and major pussy soreness when we do fuck, it is a lot for her to handle and she needs some time to heal up.

Once her HRT and thyroid are situated and stabilized we will probably be able to do it 3-4 times a week maybe more, her testosterone levels are quite high and she wants to do it, but her pussy issues are preventing her from making it happen :(

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
We usually have sex 4 or 5 times a week unless I'm particularly symptomatic (I have a few health issues).

3 weeks or more is a *bit long for us.

Edited to add: we've been living together about 3 and a half years now.

Last edited: