Frequency of sex for couples

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
We've lived together 12 years, been married 2-1/2. Barring illness or a big issue we pretty much always have had sex at least once a week, usually twice, and here and there have some really busy weeks. And we both touch, rub, grab every night at bedtime and when we wake. Just having each other there is a comfort. Right now she is on a week-long business trip...we had some great sex before she left, and hope to repeat it when she returns.

libralover4u2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My wife and I were married for 23 years and we had sex at least once a day, more on the weekends. She was a very hot, gorgeous Asian gal when we met and stayed that way, even after three children. We always started with lots of foreplay and loving, and I made sure she had at least one orgasm every time we had sex. Looking back on it, I think that helped keep sex enjoyable for her. And as for me, she could French kiss me and I was hard.

jimmyjohn2018

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We have been together 13 years, and sex has dwindled to nothing. Its very frustrating and breeds suspicion. I often think about playing away, but haven't yet.

Talk about it. Been here and we talked about it, and then I had a real talk about it. I explained in detail how much it hurt me when she would turn me down, over and over. I talked honestly about my wandering thoughts. In the end it was the best thing I ever did. I had to really open up (and I am not like that at all) but I think that is what really made her realize that it was sex or the marriage.

I guess if she would not have responded very positively we probably would both be single now.

insert_8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
. . . I had to really open up (and I am not like that at all) but I think that is what really made her realize that it was sex or the marriage.

I guess if she would not have responded very positively we probably would both be single now.
I was quite fortunate to marry a girl who understood that concept from the start. We were both wedding-night virgins, but she had seen several failed marriages in her extended family due to sexual problems. She assured me, quite early in our relationship, that her husband would never lack for sex. (As you might guess, that was a rather uncomfortable conversation to have with a girl I was just starting to date!)

Through 45 years she has met those goals - though, as best I can tell, she gets a lot of pleasure from doing so.

Tripod228mm

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
East Grand Forks (Minnesota, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Married between 15-19 years (being ambiguous on purpose, sorry). Sex every night. Each Sunday and Saturday mornings, and some lunchtime quickies if we are both home for work that day. So. 9-12 times per week. It's all quality sex, too, not just quantity. The only catch is that I have to do all the work, even when she asks to have sex. But it's worth it, I guess. ;)

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Talk about it. Been here and we talked about it, and then I had a real talk about it. I explained in detail how much it hurt me when she would turn me down, over and over. I talked honestly about my wandering thoughts. In the end it was the best thing I ever did. I had to really open up (and I am not like that at all) but I think that is what really made her realize that it was sex or the marriage.

It is amazing though that the idea of communication is sometimes never thought about when someone has unfulfilled needs. I guess sometimes it is easier to just wander or build up anger than to have a frank conversation with someone that you are in a relationship with!

Reactions: jimmyjohn2018

Nosuportneeded

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After seeing the same woman for 5ish years and living together for almost two, it’s about 2-3 times a week. Maybe more. After 5 days I’m a real shit about it. I really try to be cool and wish I could be cooler. All I know is that I’m really lucky and could doing without. What can I say? It’s my favorite thing and she’s my favorite one to do it with

Reactions: lapdog2001

sixthsense

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We have been together 13 years, and sex has dwindled to nothing. Its very frustrating and breeds suspicion. I often think about playing away, but haven't yet.

Similar boat. Together for 16+ years and lucky if it’s once a quarter. I take care of my own needs ~daily.

I was so close to playing, but ultimately stopped before anything started. Will need to have to put it all out there like jimmyjohn2018 at some point soon.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
After 21 years together, 19 married, sex is gone. Haven’t had sex with my wife in 16 months. Prior 5 years was once a month at best. She’s hit early menopause (she’s 43, I’m 50) and says she has zero desire. Add on her chronic pain and anxiety which she refuses to see a medical doc for (she only takes natural supplements recommended by our chiro) and I’m a completely frustrated spouse. When we did have sex she was totally into it, came often and enjoyed it, I like to remember the first five years together when it was multiple times a week and sweat dripping passion.

I have a sister n law that tells her 48 yr old husband she has no desire. As I told him, that can be remedied with a patch! With my brother n law it’s just an excuse no to have sex because she doesn’t want too. It’s something all the time with her.

Billybrown1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It is amazing though that the idea of communication is sometimes never thought about when someone has unfulfilled needs. I guess sometimes it is easier to just wander or build up anger than to have a frank conversation with someone that you are in a relationship with!
Absolutely. Communication is key! Those hard conversations do lead to a happier (more sex) life. Especially when things slow down after years of being together. Talking and exploring fetishes together brings sex back, better sex.

masonjames

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Was married 50 years in April. We have sex about once every two weeks. When she wants it. I would have sex a lot more often but have learned over the years that id she don't want it then it isn't worth having. When she's ready the sex if hot as hell!

stephen1169

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My wife and I were married for 23 years and we had sex at least once a day, more on the weekends. She was a very hot, gorgeous Asian gal when we met and stayed that way, even after three children. We always started with lots of foreplay and loving, and I made sure she had at least one orgasm every time we had sex. Looking back on it, I think that helped keep sex enjoyable for her. And as for me, she could French kiss me and I was hard.
married to viet lady for 48 years she is the best fuck I have ever had at 68 will still fuck and a lot of oral sex with toys