Perez Hilton gets Punched

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The sad thing is that Perez Hilton unfortunately in this heated environment is probably doing more to hurt the cause of gay rights than anything I have seen lately. For those who do not have gay friends or know that gay people as is anyone else are not monolithic he creates the perfect excuse for those who wish to perpetrate hate against gays.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sorry but why is this person spelling his name "will.i.am"?

Is it a way of say Will I am? (as in "I'm Will"?) Christ how contrived.

I think I hate that as much as I hate Perez Hilton.

Plus it occurs to me everyone's ragging unnecessarily on Perez Hilton because he's such a queen. Remember there's the straight male counterpart; Bill O'Reilly.

Much as I dislike both they serve (it would appear) an unhealthy public need.

Will I am like most rappers prides himself on the manipulation of the language. His parents named him William so he decided to play with it.

As for Perez Hilton... or Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity or Hush Limbaugh... may they be stuck on a desert island together to duke it out.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't care much for Perez at all but honestly he does not do anymore then the rags do when it comes to celebrity gossip. TMZ is just as bad but I watch that from time to time. I do agree how he is bringing bad concepts to what gay means in peoples eyes, I would hope most people are smart enough to realize he's just one person. It's sad anyone would consider he represents anybody but himself.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think people who get their feelings hurt by words and decide to take it out via violence deserve to go to jail. From what I understand it was William's manager. Perez should sue William too.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Plus it occurs to me everyone's ragging unnecessarily on Perez Hilton because he's such a queen.
People rag on him because he brings a bad name to queens. He embodies every negative gay stereotype and gives people reason to believe these stereotypes.

Also, he's tacky. The very few times I've visited that horrible site, he has drawn random cumshots on people's faces. How that's gossip or relevant to the topic he's posting about in any way is beyond me.

Just checked his site; 7th post from the top on the first page has a picture of John Mayer and his father both sporting a lovely looking cum shot on their faces. Classy, Perez.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm just pissed that he gets punched and there aren't any pictures or videos of it online yet!

EDIT: Just watched the video, that has to be the most unintentionally hilarious thing i've seen. It's as if a 10 year old girl was retelling the story by emphasizing every third world. Fabulous!

Last edited:

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Perez exerts his energy being provocative and inflammatory and then wonders why he's been punched. He takes the worst of adolescent behavior, throws it in a person's face, and then blames his negative reception on homophobia. His problems in the world have nothing to do with his "gayness" and everything to do with his arrested development and low self-esteem.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's quite a stretch in terms of comparisons....Bill O'Reilly and Perez.

Tell me how you "think it's a stretch" HKN.

Honestly. As nudeyorker said. It's the polar opposite yet similar impact thing I was drawing in the comarison.

Both, to me, are equally offensive in their "in your face" manner.

naughty said:
The sad thing is that Perez Hilton unfortunately in this heated environment is probably doing more to hurt the cause of gay rights than anything I have seen lately. For those who do not have gay friends or know that gay people as is anyone else are not monolithic he creates the perfect excuse for those who wish to perpetrate hate against gays.

I respectfully disagree naughty.

I think Hilton is a type of gay male (like Rona Barrett was/is a type of heterosexual female) who feeds off the American hunger for superfluous dirt.

Straight people need to know there are as many types (for lack of a better word) of gay folks as there are "types" of straight people. Perez Hilton much as he's offensive has built his quasi career on sensationalism in that same way that the hotel heiress PARIS Hilton has.... hence his choice of pseudonymn. Neither has accomplished anything of substance yet there they both remain.

I think Perez's choice of name was entirely intentional. And I think he knows precisely what he's doing. Do I like shallow and self-serving people? No. But I applaud Perez's industry in marketing himself as I do Paris's.

Neither has any reason for being in the public eye yet there they remain. People find both Paris and Perez equally amusing and shallow. Therefore both serve some sort of social need (I'm unhappy to observe).

As for the "gay cause". Does such a thing, in truth, exist?

I have a human cause. Not a gay one. I'm gay as incidentally.

The "perpetuation" of hate for gays isn't affected (IMO) in any significant way by the Perez Hiltons in this world. I'd look more toward the organized Christian faith if one wants to name the real culprit in this American society.

flame boy said:
EDIT: Just watched the video, that has to be the most unintentionally hilarious thing i've seen. It's as if a 10 year old girl was retelling the story by emphasizing every third world. Fabulous!

I KNOW! See that's what I'm talking about.

It's very campy.

DiscontentBoy said:
Just checked his site; 7th post from the top on the first page has a picture of John Mayer and his father both sporting a lovely looking cum shot on their faces. Classy, Perez.

If you think for one second that Perez Hilton has "class" on his mind in anything he does I say you're missing what he's all about.

Sure he's a queen.

And the hetero male counterpart to Perez Hilton is some in-your-face butch opinionated bastard like Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly yet (and oddly) it appears even many gay men at this site are still so invested in self-loathing that they feel they need to apologize for the queens among us.

Anyone watched the comedian Mario Cantone?

He's a fucking riot. And he's one helluva queen.

Guys? No matter what the sexual orientation? As the old saying goes "it takes all kinds".

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shades of "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!"

If the guy hit him from behind how does he know who did it? Gaga vacuums too much cocaine to be a reliable witness.

If he doesn't need the publicity why the long vid blog?

They followed him back to the hotel...Where they were also staying.

Oh, the drama!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think it's somewhat trite and trivelizes the isse of gay rights to discuss Hilton's drama in terms of gay rights. This is a case of one angry off individual punching another one who pissed him off. Given the guy's behavior and the shit he was talking, it's not surprising. Maybe not justified, but not surprising.

Not everything is about gay rights or hetero rights or womens right or whatever. Sometimes it's just two idiots having a fight. This person Perez just happens to have a big soap box to cry from.

I've never seen Perez until today. He's a waste of time and discussing him is an even bigger waste of time. I'm sorry to say I spent 3 minutes typing this.

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Black eye peas, and Perez Hilton both turn me off now. Either Black Eye Peas should have sued for slander or Perez sue for assault, or move on. I'm not sure if this is a publicity stunt, because this to me would hurt both, and backfire.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's somewhat trite and trivializes the isse of gay rights to discuss Hilton's drama in terms of gay rights.
Not everything is about gay rights or hetero rights or womens right or whatever. Sometimes it's just two idiots having a fight. This person Perez just happens to have a big soap box to cry from.

ABSOLUTELY. I agree entirely.

I've never seen Perez until today. He's a waste of time and discussing him is an even bigger waste of time. I'm sorry to say I spent 3 minutes typing this.

I agree with that too. But I think it important to put the moron into perspective which is what I'm trying to do here vince.