RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I just posted a blog entry on the topic of self confidence versus my weight fluctuation.

I've found, over the years, that self-confidence is one of the sexiest traits in a person. Not arrogance, but being confident in who you are and how you present yourself.

Weight, for me, plays a huge role in this. I have fluctuated between reasonably fit and morbidly obese over the last ten years, largely dependent on some external factors as well as internal ones (stress load versus alcohol consumption, f'r instance).

On the blog there's an aside to talk about other physical appearance issue, such as body hair, etc.

Older guys: What boosts your self confidence both in public as well as in bed?

(Younger guys can respond as well, of course.)

(My next topic, to be put up next week, will be on the importance men - especially older men - place on our erections. Stay tuned.)

Torabraaten

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just posted a blog entry on the topic of self confidence versus my weight fluctuation.

I've found, over the years, that self-confidence is one of the sexiest traits in a person. Not arrogance, but being confident in who you are and how you present yourself.

Weight, for me, plays a huge role in this. I have fluctuated between reasonably fit and morbidly obese over the last ten years, largely dependent on some external factors as well as internal ones (stress load versus alcohol consumption, f'r instance).

On the blog there's an aside to talk about other physical appearance issue, such as body hair, etc.

(My next topic, to be put up next week, will be on the importance men - especially older men - place on our erections. Stay tuned.)
Thanks for starting this. Being 60 and trying to stay healthy is the challenge of my life. Returning to acting younger has helped because we we burn calories much easier by moving. Walking rowing swimming and resistance bands will take me into this next decade feeling better and looking healthier.

subarselad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Am a bit younger than you guys (mid-40s) but have been through several cycles of weight loss and gain so I understand the problem. Am a healthy weight now and think I've finally mastered it as well. Agree that both diet and exercise are essential: you can get the weight off with the former but the latter helps to keep it off and can get you feeling fit, strong and a whole lot more energetic.

Being the right shape (and continuing to head further in that direction) is great for my confidence. It's certainly no fun being fat and knackered.

Reactions: RamblingCock

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"What has been the catalyst for your new you? Mine has been Covid."

Mine actually started before COVID, in 2016. A series of personal crises and changes occurred, which required me to be a lot more fit than I was. The COVID hit and my role at work changed, also requiring a lot more physical activity.

I figure most of my interest comes from what subarselad - wasn't he a member of the Legion of Super Heroes?:p - said: it's no fun being fat and knackered.

Reactions: subarselad

subarselad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"What has been the catalyst for your new you? Mine has been Covid."

Mine actually started before COVID, in 2016. A series of personal crises and changes occurred, which required me to be a lot more fit than I was. The COVID hit and my role at work changed, also requiring a lot more physical activity.

I figure most of my interest comes from what subarselad - wasn't he a member of the Legion of Super Heroes?:p - said: it's no fun being fat and knackered.
I can wear a very short cock cage and pride myself on my ability to take even the largest knob up my arse, but I'm not sure either quite qualifies me for comic book status :)

Very glad also to have found the motivation to shift the weight before Covid struck, mind you. The beast preys upon fatties.

• Haha

sprinter78

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thanks for starting this. Being 60 and trying to stay healthy is the challenge of my life. Returning to acting younger has helped because we we burn calories much easier by moving. Walking rowing swimming and resistance bands will take me into this next decade feeling better and looking healthier.
I'm in my early 40's and have gone up and down in weight. Just got some resistance bands for Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for exercises or programs that I could follow with them?

Torabraaten

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm in my early 40's and have gone up and down in weight. Just got some resistance bands for Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for exercises or programs that I could follow with them?
James Grage developed a band set and I followed his videos on YouTube. He was a serious machine and free weight guy til injuries kept coming and then become a band promoter.

Reactions: sprinter78

Marco86

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am over 60. Guess I am in better shape than many guys my age, certainly than the ones who do not even try to keep fit or eat right, but my aesthetic goal is to have the fit lean muscled body of a guy in his thirties or early forties who clearly hits the gym. So I always feel I am falling short if thst.

D

deleted15329811

Am bigger have just about zero self confidence, yo yo with weight ever since high school left at 320 dropped to 287 shot up to 3 down to 290 and have been resting at 295 a broken foot added into the mix sure aint helping especially since i need to stay off the mfker! Thing is I dont eat bad but am on and have been on steroids for asthma trying to get off them only to have a flare and get right back on them! its been a viscious cycle well loose the weight well ok now youre having an asthma attack well now you need prednisolone I took a course of it and I gained 16 pounds in 2 weeks Having 2 meals a day! Eveb cutting out lunch didn't help while on that shit!

Reactions: diver6

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've been pretty successful this year. Down fifteen pounds since January 1st using the keto diet with intermittent fasting, and a daily exercise routine. It's not as difficult as many other methods I've tried over the years, though I miss bread and pastas. So far I'm down more than 60 pounds from my all-time high.

(Intermittent fasting is eating only in a six hour window every day. Six hours on, eighteen hours off.)

Reactions: deleted4500261

zander7474

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

I am almost 50 still very active but just recovered from a few injuries. Now I am fatter than ever. Very self conscious about my weight now. Stopped going anywhere I would need to change or expose myself for any reason. Trying to work through that.