Where are all the Canadians?

I hope no one minds me asking, but I'm just curious to find out about the current state of gym locker room showers across Canada. Please answer the following question:

Q: Does your gym have an open/communal shower in the men's locker room? If so, did you choose that gym partly because of this feature? Where do you workout?

A: yes, yes, YMCA

I'm just wondering if the hyper modesty craze in the locker room and showers is more of an American thing than a Canadian one. I figured this would be a good place to ask and find out. Thanks, eh!

moveinreverse

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love a good time in the gym showers, and Winnipeg is pretty good for that when it comes to the gay scene. YMCA is loaded all day everyday with dudes playing in the steam room, showers (there's an additional third floor with a more hidden shower area and a squeaky door) and I've even had luck at one of the busier Goodlife's here.

I think the thing about showers is that there are very few guys with the confidence to put themselves "out there" or to initiate something, and it's absolutely going to depend on your gym. You pretty much have to become that person if you want to make something happen, otherwise it may just take longer.