Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My opinion is that I don't personally understand or agree with the gay lifestyle, which largely originates with my Christian beliefs. Now, although I believe/feel that way, I still think it's important to get along with gay folks in a kind, respectful manner. I work very closely with a lesbian woman and a gay man and they are both excellent co-workers/office mates with me. We have a blast, hang out, go out to eat, etc....and so on and so forth. Yes, they know how I feel about the homosexual lifestyle and, at the end of the day, we just live and let live about it.

Even if I don't really agree with that life, they are not accountable to me for their personal lives, so what good is it if I go on ranting about my anti-gay beliefs and act like a butt-head to them while we work? It would make for a miserable work day for us all, so I figure, why not just be cool, be respectful of the great job they do on my team, and get to know them just like I would anyone else.

Well said brother.

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Other straight guys are very supportive and have gay friends and campaign for gay rights like the celebrity Ben Cohen.

This one is what comes closer to me, but I'm not so supportive. I have a couple gay friends and always tell them, even though I cannot really understand their taste, I must respect it, so we don't have any problems.

Sometimes a gay man flirts with me, happened in an international flight with a flight attendent and with a bartender, these are the 2 most recent events; in both, I politely told them I had a girlfriend, which was true.

Reactions: The Meat Rod Cometh