2 random thoughts about nudity

DanTheMan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was just watching a movie with a mild sex scene, and I started thinking about how customs come to be accepted. Specifically...

1.) Where did most people get the notion that private parts are supposed to be private. Any nudists out their who can comment?

and similar, but different...

2.) Why is it so much more accepted for woman to be nude in movies and TV than men?

Thoughts?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think it is probably more accepted for women to be naked just merely more common as censorship dictates what we can and cannot see. A naked women is simply less explicit than a naked man because of the obvious visibility in the latter case.
And as far as any nudity goes before it becomes completely gratuitous is the erection. Nudity is natural and for tv and films to be realistic the censors will eventually relax and male nudity will be as common if not more so especially when you consider that guys are more likely to dack each other in a joke or go skinny dipping or prank each other in lockerrooms. Male nudity is more commonplace in real situations so why not on tv/film in time to come.

Last edited:

perthjames

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dacking = pulling somebody's trousers down

Dacking is such a great word. It comes from the word "dacks" meaning pants. Dacking was a pretty common activity when I was growing up. Always lots of laughs (at someone's humiliation). I still remember a guy getting "dacked" on the school bus many years later.

Hanger2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Where did most people get the notion that private parts are supposed to be private. Any nudists out their who can comment?

I have been a nudist most of my life. Frankly, I don't understand people trying to keep their genitals hidden. What is so special about them, either male or female? In a nudist situation all the embarassment and secrecy go away. It is only when people are dressed and expose their genitals that it becomes lewd. When all are naked and we can look where we want, the need to peek up skirts/shorts or down blouses for a quick thrill is gone. The more of the body that is hidden, the bigger the need to peek under the covers. If we were all covered head to toe we would get a sexual thrill from seeing any bit of skin that might be exposed.

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have been a nudist most of my life. Frankly, I don't understand people trying to keep their genitals hidden. What is so special about them, either male or female? In a nudist situation all the embarassment and secrecy go away. It is only when people are dressed and expose their genitals that it becomes lewd. When all are naked and we can look where we want, the need to peek up skirts/shorts or down blouses for a quick thrill is gone. The more of the body that is hidden, the bigger the need to peek under the covers. If we were all covered head to toe we would get a sexual thrill from seeing any bit of skin that might be exposed.

A good reason why we should NOT all become nudists :biggrin1: