A question about stretch marks

D_alc02obv

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi ladies, i really would like to pick your brains about something. Over the years I've struggled with my weight. Finally this past year i starting being way more health conscious and I've lost a good amount of the weight. My issue is that i've been left with a significant amount of stretch marks over my body. Their on my biceps, abdomen, thighs, and back. Being 24 and in college surrounded by alot of athletic types it makes me feel a bit nervous about what women are going to think about it. Could any of you maybe share what your feelings are about a guy with stretch marks? Does it really matter? i'd really appreciate it.:redface:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some women will be bothered by it, some won't be. Personally, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I've never been one to choose my partners based on appearance, and I understand the stretch marks/weight loss thing all too well.

I've lost a large amount of weight myself and I view my own stretch marks as battle scars. If he can't be proud of me for fighting that battle and winning (even if it took a while and left a few scars behind!), he isn't the kind of guy I'd want to be with anyway.

I think there are women out there that would be proud of YOU for winning your battle, even if that battle left scars behind.

And truly, if you are proud of yourself (as you should be!) and carry your new self with confidence, they probably won't even notice the stretch marks.

Congrats on your weight loss by the way!!! How much have you lost?

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My current and my previous partners both had stretchmarks. The ex had them due to weight gain, the current BF has them due to rapid growth and dry skin as a teen. The only "issue" I ever had with it was with my BF - I'd never seen horizontal stretchmarks, all up his back - I actually thought he'd been whipped.

All I can suggest is that you look after your skin to assist in the healing & fading process. But overall, don't let them affect your interactions. You might get comments occasionally, but it'll be a shallow bitch that rejects you because of them. You've done a great job to lose weight, don't let the superficial details drag you down.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It doesn't matter :) They should fade somewhat in time. Anyone that doesn't accept you for who you are, stretch marks and all, isn't worth wasting your time on IMO.

Congrats on the weight loss!

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It doesn't matter :) They should fade somewhat in time. Anyone that doesn't accept you for who you are, stretch marks and all, isn't worth wasting your time on IMO.

Congrats on the weight loss!

I agree time is ultimately the best at fading the stretch marks

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, it's been so long since I thought about stretch marks, but I remember a lots of cocoa butter. I used a vitamin E cream as well. Don't know if it worked, but I don't have them on my abdomen anymore. Still fighting the boobs war, but hopefully after the first of the year that will be taken care of.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Something my ex used, to help with old scars and stretch marks here, that helped her loads, and is simple to use..... Bio Oil.

There are also generic versions of this available too, which work just as well.

Also, elliep's suggestions, are another good alternative, and a common trick use by women after child birth.

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, it's been so long since I thought about stretch marks, but I remember a lots of cocoa butter. I used a vitamin E cream as well. Don't know if it worked, but I don't have them on my abdomen anymore. Still fighting the boobs war, but hopefully after the first of the year that will be taken care of.

EllieP I've been using a mix of lavender and almond oil on stretch marks in my breast area. Mine are really old, but I swear I see improvement, plus my skin feels wonderful. Cocoa butter gives me large red whelps :frown1:

Good luck with your decision:smile:

xX_Sarah_Xx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It shouldn't. This doesn't mean that to some women, it will. Ask yourself though, if those women are that superficial they can't look past stretch marks, something they have a high chance of experiencing themselves at a stage in their life, do you want to be with that person?

I really like how subgirrl referred to them as "battle scars". Cause that's what they are, and you should be proud of that. You made a change in your life that's not easy at all. I think a lot of women will recognize the determination it takes to set a goal and get there. That determination is a quality that far outweighs any stretch marks. The self-confidence that comes with winning a battle like that, succeeding in something you set out to do, is worth at least as much. So don't worry about them. They're part of you. Be proud at yourself.

On rubbing various ointments/oils on stretch marks; there's no clinical evidence that any substances you rub into your skin would restore it. There's *some* evidence for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy but it's definitely inconclusive and one good study could change the outcome. (Creams for preventing stretch marks in pregnancy | Cochrane Summaries) That being said, that doesn't mean that (moderately!) massaging and hydrating the skin will not speed up/improve the natural healing process. Scars will grow less noticeable over time. It's somewhat common sense that if you increase bloodflow and keep your skin healthy, that could help. But there's definitely no panacea. =)

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I never got a stretch mark during pregnancy but I did get some in puberty and have gotten a couple since gaining 80lbs in the last 6 years or so, only a couple literally, so I think I have very resilient skin. But I digress, my husband has some from growth in his teen years and I think they are cute. When he leans over the sink to brush his teeth naked I want to touch them since they are on his lower back upper butt area. You might find a woman like me who thinks they are just a part of who you are. And you have a better story than most as to why you have them. Let it be a part of your story to show how much dedication you have to losing weight and use it as an excuse to talk about how great you feel because of it.

As a woman I wouldn't be bothered in the least by it. It just helps me to know that he we were to settle down and make babies, you wouldn't hold it against me if I got a few from a pregnancy or two.

Tell your story about your weight loss and impress the womangs. Congrats to you for doing that BTW.

Bravo55

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thirty years ago a friend of mine bought an expensive pair of boots. They were solid tan and one boot had a small reddish imperfection. I asked him why he bought them since they were so uniformly solid except for that one flaw.

He said that mark gives them a unique character. Ever since then I have never viewed what I would have considered an imperfection in the same way.

Our individual variances give us character. As long as we don't impose our uniqueness on anyone everything should be ok.

I think stretch marks are sexy.

Battlescars, from any point in ones life , artificial or natural are sexy.

Dbug

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My girlfriend developed some stretchmarks during the last few years due to weight gain. Time will help, and using a cream. I don't know which she used. Personally I don't care and think it's sexy because she got so soft.