A question about stretch marks

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You should check out the girls from Mauritania. In the rural areas they force-feed young girls like foie gras geese to get them up to a level of culturally perceived beauty-- men must be lean, women Must have stretchmarks, even on their upper arms.

Big campaign in the more urban areas to stop this as it's not healthy for the girls and they get obesity-related illnesses. But the point is, stretch marks are something humans get, and if you travel far enough, you are going to find a population somewhere that thinks they are sexy.

Just call them scars. Scars are good and 'macho', right?

D_Tam_Ponds

Account Disabled
Media
My girlfriend at work and I were just talking about this - she has a broken front tooth that is hindering her self-image and my weight hinders mine. I think most people have self-image issues, whether it be your nose, your ass, your _____. Time to cast them aside - they are only holding you back from showing people your true self. Be confident and stop worrying about things you don't have too much control over. After all, you have a slim new bod to show off! Congratulations on the weight loss - truly an amazing achievement! Be proud of yourself!

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like stretch marks on big people. Not sure about rapid weight-loss; I'd be more concerned about hanging skin.

It is possible to be fat and healthy. Exercise and healthy diet is the key, regardless of size.

AlisonWand

Experimental Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Some women will be bothered by it, some won't be. Personally, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I've never been one to choose my partners based on appearance, and I understand the stretch marks/weight loss thing all too well.

I've lost a large amount of weight myself and I view my own stretch marks as battle scars. If he can't be proud of me for fighting that battle and winning (even if it took a while and left a few scars behind!), he isn't the kind of guy I'd want to be with anyway.

I think there are women out there that would be proud of YOU for winning your battle, even if that battle left scars behind.

And truly, if you are proud of yourself (as you should be!) and carry your new self with confidence, they probably won't even notice the stretch marks.

Congrats on your weight loss by the way!!! How much have you lost?

I second every single word! And I heard Bio-Oil is very good.