A Woman Obsessed: Juana di Loca

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

Has anyone heard of Juana la Loca of Castile and Aragon? She was the daughter of Ferdinand and Isabella, sponsors of Columbus. Allegedly , melancholia ran rampant in that family. From her behavior it even sounds like bi-polar disorder. Juana was said to have been so obsessed with her husband, Phillip of Hapsburg known as "Philip the Handsome",that she would not allow him to be buried after death. While carrying his body home to its final resting place, she checked it constantly. She was said to have had an almost insatiable sexual appetite but was ironically married to a serially uinfaithful husband. Because of her unladylike appetites and other unbecoming behaviors she was held for almost 50 years in a castle while the world moved on without her. Has anyone else heard of her and her story?

Naughty

orionsword57:
Originally posted by naughty@May 19 2005, 07:23 PM
Hi,

Has anyone heard of Juana la Loca of Castile and Aragon? She was the daughter of Ferdinand and Isabella, sponsors of Columbus. Allegedly , melancholia ran rampant in that family. From her behavior it even sounds like bi-polar disorder. Juana was said to have been so obsessed with her husband, Phillip of Hapsburg known as "Philip the Handsome",that she would not allow him to be buried after death. While carrying his body home to its final resting place, she checked it constantly. She was said to have had an almost insatiable sexual appetite but was ironically married to a serially uinfaithful husband. Because of her unladylike appetites and other unbecoming behaviors she was held for almost 50 years in a castle while the world moved on without her. Has anyone else heard of her and her story?

Naughty
[post=312972]Quoted post[/post]​

I actually heard about this woman on our recent trip, but not about her sexual proclivities. The story is somewhat similar to that of Napoleon's sister Pauline who had a well known preference for very well-endowed men with very large sexual appetites. First her husband and then her brother tried to "put her away", but she was always able to wheedle herself out. We could bring up the rumored interest of Catherine the Great of Russia for horse's private parts, but that's ancient history, as they say.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I actually heard about this woman on our recent trip, but not about her sexual proclivities. The story is somewhat similar to that of Napoleon's sister Pauline who had a well known preference for very well-endowed men with very large sexual appetites. First her husband and then her brother tried to "put her away", but she was always able to wheedle herself out. We could bring up the rumored interest of Catherine the Great of Russia for horse's private parts, but that's ancient history, as they say.
[post=313068]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

I don't think any legit historian believes the Catherine the Great rumor. The consensus is that it was made up to ridicule her at a time when powerful women were not very common, especially because she was a strong leader.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I can see that:

Philip: Juana, I was only gone for an hour, and here I see you with another man?
Juana: Well, what about you, Phil?
Philip: Oh, be that way. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

I'm sure you can guess how this scene plays out from here.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@May 22 2005, 04:12 AM
I can see that:

Philip: Juana, I was only gone for an hour, and here I see you with another man?
Juana: Well, what about you, Phil?
Philip: Oh, be that way. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

I'm sure you can guess how this scene plays out from here.
[post=313510]Quoted post[/post]​

Which instrument of torture should I use first: the pillow or the comfy chair?

I have heard of Juana, but I think most people are more familiar with her sister, Catherine of Aragon, Henry the VIII's first wife. But Juana of Castile's marriage to Philip of Burgundy was historically significant because Spain became another notch in the Habsburgs' bedpost because of it. Philip the Handsome became King of Castile in 1506, and their son Charles V was the Holy Roman Emperor and King of Spain and Naples. Spanish rule remained in the hands of the Habsburgs until the War of Spanish Succession, 1701 - 1714, which marked the transfer of power of one of the most influential royal dynasties of Europe to another: the Bourbons.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by naughty@May 21 2005, 08:17 PM
Jonb,

You sound like a screenwriter for the Dave Chapelle show! LOL! That would be good routine though.... LOL!

Naughty
[post=313511]Quoted post[/post]​
Actually, it's an environmentally-friendly sketch: It's 100% recycled Monty Python.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@May 21 2005, 09:03 PM
I have heard of Juana, but I think most people are more familiar with her sister, Catherine of Aragon, Henry the VIII's first wife. But Juana of Castile's marriage to Philip of Burgundy was historically significant because Spain became another notch in the Habsburgs' bedpost because of it. Philip the Handsome became King of Castile in 1506, and their son Charles V was the Holy Roman Emperor and King of Spain and Naples. Spanish rule remained in the hands of the Habsburgs until the War of Spanish Succession, 1701 - 1714, which marked the transfer of power of one of the most influential royal dynasties of Europe to another: the Bourbons.
[post=313524]Quoted post[/post]​
Today we watch Days of Our Lives or The OC. In those days they watched the Crown.

myself_the_elf

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by naughty@May 19 2005, 10:23 PM
Hi,

Naughty
[post=312972]Quoted post[/post]​

hey, except for the Ferdinand and Isabella part, that could be Jane Fonda's story. Why, her own parents sponsored the Knights of Coloumbus. Substitute Atlanta for Castile and Aragon and I think you've nailed it!

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by myself_the_elf@May 22 2005, 01:41 PM
hey, except for the Ferdinand and Isabella part, that could be Jane Fonda's story. Why, her own parents sponsored the Knights of Coloumbus. Substitute Atlanta for Castile and Aragon and I think you've nailed it!
[post=313601]Quoted post[/post]​

I somehow can't picture Ted Turner as Philip of Burgundy. Plus, Juana and Philip never separated, nor did Philip of Burgundy colorize movies.

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One of the biographies of Juana I read claimed that Ferdinand started the insane reputation with Juana so he could retain control of Isabella's two thirds of the country instead of letting Juana take over after her mother died. Isabela had Castilla Nueva y Vieja, and Fernando had Aragon. What that meant as far as the other areas of Spain, I don't know.