Ah im scared!!!

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by douchenbaggin, Dec 14, 2008.

1. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

So I was just checking around my dick making sure everything was cool and on the side is like a rash!!!

I am freaking out right now. I've only had sex 3 people. They dont look like herpes blisters or anything, and my dick has been a little dry from not using lube. The rash is right where my hand would be when jerking, but I don't know if that could cause it?

I've got an appt on wednesday for them to look at it, but still this is scaring me shitless. I feel like dying.

Anyone ever had a rash right there? baaaaaaaaah

2. NiceDude

NiceDude Member

Albums:
    Well, don't know what it looks like but I had a similar situation from basically too much jerking-off and rough sex... will usually go away within 1-3 days but you never know... relax and see what your doc thinks wednesday. It's probably nothing serious!

3. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

The area itself doesnt itch nor does it burn. No pain when urinating, no discharge.

A thought just came to me though, could it be from a yeast infection? I read that it can be mistaken for herpes?

4. salinger

salinger Member

it could also be from shaving with an old razor. It's no use worrying about it though until you get a medical opinion.

5. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

that could also be it maybe. It does look similar to really bad razor burn.

Only thing that scares me is the fact its on the shaft near the head and right below the head.

A) Too dry/rough when masturbated.- but could this create small scattered bumps/rash?
    B) razor burn.- Would this extend below the head though? in the ridge in the middle of foreskin and head (I'm cut)
    C) Yeast infection - I do remember seeing a cottage cheese substance from my girls vagina, and we had sex.

But like I said, the more I think about it I don't think its an STD, theres no pain, no itching, no sensations, no discharge.

I have mild eczema on my arms and highly allergic to many things.

But I've never had a rash ON my penis, so it worried me on initial observation.

6. hockeyguy741

Gold Member

Albums:

you might be allergic to latex condoms or to the type of lube your using

7. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

Hm, but I've used condoms before without any reaction?

My step dad says it might be from sex/masturbation.

I have noticed lately that its been a bit more dry and I usually dont use lotion.

The red spots are right in the specific areas that are mostly handled when I jerk off.
    They look like tiny red dots, not raised or anything.

Could this be the cause? I hadn't even noticed it till I got off work. I had masturbated roughly right before I left to work.

8. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    ask this dermatology forum:
    rash on penis shaft - Search - MedHelp

and wash with mild soap, pat dry with clean towel and wear loose cotton underwear.
    Don't worry, as anxiety taxes your immune system which is already working to heal your body. Eat right, drink plenty of fluids and get some rest and go see a bad matinee...the Dr will see you on Wednesday.
    M*

9. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

I'm trying to keep my nerves calm, but its quite difficult. Wednesday seems so far away.

I've read every forum section on that medhelp site. It eases my mind a little.

The more I investigate (which is every 5 fucking seconds lol) It looks like irritated papules. Theyre the same size as the little skin colored pin sized dots that a lot of guys have on their dicks. No pus or pain or itching like I said. Gah. I need to chill.

10. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    calm down...if you had a herpes outbreak you would be on fire....skin rash will disappear as fast as it came on...lay off your cock work for a bit...you will be fine...

11. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't want to scare you, just inform you. I just want you to know some things just in case, but I hope it is just a rash from getting rubbed too much.

It could be herpes from what I've read. Many people don't get bad breakouts, particularly men. That's why so many people aren't diagnosed with it. They get a rash, it goes away and they don't get recurring outbreaks so they forget about it. They only find out after they've transmitted it to someone who gets a much worse outbreak. And they are shocked.

Just so you know what to ask the doctor. Some doctors expect herpes to always be a bad outbreak, so they will dismiss a rash like yours and not do tests. There are two types of tests for herpes. The first is a swab test where they actually rub a swab on a suspected outbreak area, then test that. But if they wait until the tail end of the outbreak, sometimes the virus is no longer present on the skin. The second type of test is a blood test that detects antibodies. (One brand name is Herpeselect.) The antibodies are not present in the blood until a few weeks or months after the first outbreak though. Both tests can frequently give false negatives.

To be on the safe side, don't touch the area. If it is herpes, your body doesn't have antibodies until a few weeks or months after being infected. What this means is you can spread it to other parts of your genitals or other parts of your body. After the antibodies are present, it's much harder to do that. If you do have it you can also get antivirals which are helpful during the initial outbreak because they will reduce the outbreak and make you less likely to spread it to yourself. This will make you have less outbreaks in the future and be less likely to transmit it.

Since it is on the shaft, you would have had to come in contact with someone infected on your shaft. Did you have unprotected sex or oral sex? If so, you can ask that partner if they have it or get cold sores. Many people get genital herpes from someone that gets cold sores and gives them oral.

Since you are worried so much, you can check out this site and the forum there:

Herpes - Sort the Facts from the Fiction
    Herpes & Cold Sore Support Forum

Good luck.

12. BIGDP

BIGDP Member

Albums:
    Hey, man --

I haven't read a single other post on here, but just wanted to tell you that I've had some rawness on my corona, on my head, and etc., just from having vigorous sex or either wanking too much.

It always got better after about 2 days plus adding some lotion, so I hope that is the case with you, Bro!

Enjoy your weiner!
    DP

13. CURVEDANDTHICKK

Stop playing with yourself for a while and you'll be o.k. and next time use lube. This is so freakin funny. My son did the exact same thing, jacking with no lube, and his penis swole up and scared the crap out of him. He was about 12 and came to me crying that something was wrong with his penis. And in his defense I don't blame him because it looked horrible. After I calmed him down and wiped his tears away I told him the same thing I wrote in the first sentence.

14. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

Yes, I had unprotected sex a week ago. But that didnt show untill I masturbated fairly rough/quick right before work. It was pretty painful, but I just wanted to get off lol.

As soon as I got home from work is when I noticed it. I have gotten something similar to it before right below my head in what I guess is called the corona? The place is right where my thumb is when I grip my dick to jerk off. I've never been that rough when jerking, so I'm praying to God that thats it.

I've been applying lotion/hydro cortisone and it seems to be clearing up.

Also during the sex before this masturbation occurrence, I could feel that side kind of being irritated a little on initial penetration before my dick got all wet of course.

I'm still getting tested wednesday nonetheless

15. MrToolhung

Gold Member

Dude! Seriously stop looking up things on the internet to try and self diagnosis yourself. You are probably worrying yourself for nothing. A few years back I freaked out because I decided to look at my tongue and noticed it was slightly white. There is so much "information" on the net which is either useful or a bunch of crap which causes you to second guess things. I had myself convinced that I was dying from cancer because the internet told me that I was!

Then I even went to a doc and he wanted to send me for a ton of tests but for some reason I never did go. He was a "quack" anyway. I booked an appointment with my Dentist the following week because I finally found something that said get your Dentist to check things out in your mouth because they always know best. By the way before I did this I had already been to 5 other doctors to look at my tongue. All of them said "There is nothing wrong with you, your tongue is perfectly normal". Of course my Dentist looked and said the samething. He even asked me what got me onto this and he just laughed and said...that is the internet for you.

My main problem is that I am a hypochondriac and it has taken me years to get over the above. The internet is a bad thing for me when it comes to medical issues. I can tell you through my whole ordeal I developed rashes and had frequent migraines because I was stressed out. Take it easy and wait to see what the Doc says.

I no longer go onto medical websites. So, here I am on lpsg :redface:

Good luck!

16. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

I'm the same way, I have literally been sweating bullets while reading these medical help sites. It's like I finally relax about it and then I have to do more digging and I'm back at square one again.

I woke up this morning and checked and its going away.

Herpes isn't that quick to disappear in a matter of 2 days is it?
    Specially if its a 'first outbreak'?

17. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

Hey, good buddy, you're hittin' the panic button probably from nothing at all.

I had the misfortune to discover that I was allergic to a particular laundry detergent and the detergent in question caused a major rash in, on, and around my genitals and groin area.

The MD in question was baffled and diagnised what was commonly referred to as an allergic rash at that time. It took more time to figure out what it was than it took to clear it up.

The laundry detergent in question had a small residue left behind and when perspiration hit the area it would then form an irritant in the areas where the clothing contacted and the moisture level was sufficient.

If you shave your genitals which is common these days shaving preparations can also be a problem if you end up with a brand that your body does not like.

By the way in men this type of rash is common and the #1 cause of it is the "detergent monster".

I am also allergic to some underarm deodorants and can not use any kind of anti-perspirant because it causes dermatitis........

Good luck in your search for the cause.

P.S.
    Unless you are doing some pretty unusual things masturbation in and of itself causing a rash is pure bunk, a lube you are allergic to yes, and using a soap that is even borderline for a shower jack-off will do it "big time", but that is it.

18. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

Thank you for the kind words.

When I jerk I usually Grip right under my head and slide up and dead for that good sensation. When dry, you can see how it could create an irritation. The rash is right in the spot. I, myself, am allergic to a lot of things as well. That could be the evil culprit that's been turning my stomach upside down.

19. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    You need to have your penis amputated at once before the rash spreads to the rest of your body, call 911 and get an ambulance direct to the operating room :)

Seriously, put on some polyspirin antibiotic cream a few times per day and don't play too hard with your penis for a few days.

If during this time, the rash gets worse, then go see a doctor. If it gets better, then just continue treatment until it is gone.

If, after a few days, it doesn't get better, at least you will be able to tell the doctor you applied polysporin X times a day for Y days, and that may tell something to the doctor in terms of the nature of the problem.

On this forum, unless you post high resolution images of it, there is really little else anyone can suggest to you.

The one important thing to watch is whether this is spreading or not.

20. douchenbaggin

douchenbaggin New Member

You scared me at first with that first sentence :p.

I applied 1% cortisone for like a day and now strictly using lotion. I already see it disappearing, and its now just a faint red.

Honestly, if I took a picture even in high res you guys would still probably not see much.. The more I step back and take a legitimate look at it, it really looks like nothing and only can see anything after thoroughly examining.

The whole worry of this mess has killed my libido, I don't think I've been actually horny since this happened. Very unlike me, as I'm a hornball.

Draft saved Draft deleted