Angry?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by ManlyBanisters, Jun 5, 2011.

?

For the LPSG women, on a scale of to 0 how angry are you?

1. 1 to 2 - really not angry.

30.0%
  2. 3 to 4 - barely miffed.

2.5%
  3. 5 to 6 - OK, I'm irked, but it's not serious.

15.0%
  4. 7 to 8 - Ah, now - seriously, that's enough.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 9 to 10 - I'm going to kill you all.

5.0%
  6. Fuck off!

2.5%
  7. No, really - FUCK OFF!!!

7.5%
  8. I'm a bloke and wanted to vote anyway.

15.0%
  9. I wanted to see the poll results but I'm too silly to know I can just click on 'View Poll Result'.

7.5%
  10. HickBoy.

15.0%
  1. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

There is a certain type of poster here, not exclusively male - but damn near, who interprets the responses of many of of the real women here as 'angry'. There have been those who have accused us of being man haters - and yet when I read the posts of these women I don't see anger and I don't see hatred of men. Specifically on the latter point it is clear to me that many of these women, myself included, love men - as friends, as colleagues, as partners, as equals.

What I dislike is bigotry and ignorance. I do react to that - though I wouldn't call it anger. I react to it when the poster is male, when the poster is female, when I'm not sure whether poster is male or female. I react to it when the bigotry is against women or against men (and to other forms of bigotry too). A lot of the bigotry I see here is in the form of assumptions made about women and female sexuality. I speak out against it.

I respond similarly to foolishness - which is in strong evidence here too.

So, women, are you angry - I mean actually angry in the way many of these posters accuse you of being? Or are you one of the female posters who considers the other women to be angry?

Men, do you think that many of the female posters are angry? Or do you interpret it differently? If you think we are angry what, specifically, do you think we are angry about?

2. fire77

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am not and couldn't be angry with the posters. I feel a bit sad to see guys who claim to be intelligent handsome hunks with huge manly bulge in their pants acting like idiots instead of gentlemen. After all we are here to enjoy men and look at their talent.

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

We?

It's interesting that you feel the need to speak for others.

I'm not here specifically to enjoy men, though I do enjoy the posts of many of the men here - and I'm not really sure what you mean by 'talent'. What 'talent'?

4. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think the women here, in general, are angry. I think they become someone irritated, and certainly frustrated at the volume of uneducated questions and assumptions repeated here, both of which could be put to bed with half an hour spent on google, or perhaps 10mins searching here... which is understandable I guess.

I also understand why those guilty of making those assumptions, and asking those questions do so, and think the women here are angry.

We aren't normal women, we do not represent the ordinary woman in the outside world and you only need to spend a few hours in the company of others to see some of the crap certain women allow them to believe...

How many times have we had women on here, claiming that they're tight because they've never had kids? or that they'd never go above x size because they don't want to be stretched out? We know what complete bollocks it is, because we've taken the time to learn about our bodies, explore and experiment... they clearly haven't, and thus perpetuate the myths these poor souls are clinging onto as fact.

We as women are the ones who have to deal with the stigma of knowing our own bodies, of not feeling guilty about our love of all things sexual, and most of us here have come to terms with those stigma, and decided they mean fuck all... So many more haven't, and they are even more to blame for this sorry mess than the men are. After all, they actually have the parts being discussed, there is no excuse for such ignorance.

I don't think any of us are man haters either. Haters of those who refuse to educate themselves before forming an opinion, and frustrated with those who would rather take the word of those with something to lose over those of us who couldn't care less what someone on the internet thinks of us, sure... but that doesn't make us man haters.

I do think however that we often come across as being angry, and no amount of explaining that we aren't is going to change that. We're replying in a way which others didn't want, which already casts us in a negative light, add to that any frustration and offence we're feeling due to the OPs and finally throw on top knowing that any second we're going to have to defend ourselves, and it's pretty easy to see why we may come off as angry, when in fact, we just know what's coming and are while we want to help, feel that using anything other than a giant hammer to pound the message home, just isn't going to cut it.

I don't think it's right to take that approach. I think we should give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and the benefit of our knowledge, so that they can get the answers they need and learn from the experience... having said that, I'm just as guilty of it as anyone else.

5. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I further echo this and add:

If you are talking about anything other than the writing talents of some of our men, then you can scratch me off the "we" list too.

6. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

I voted the 1-2. I'm not angry at anyone, but I have posted heated responses before. I was also on the receiving end of this heat in one of the circumcision forums here so it cuts both ways (no pun intended). It's a public space where there are a lot of strong opinions, we're bound to butt heads here. If a person consistently posts in a manner that is upsetting to another person that individual should just block them.

As far as the female dynamic here goes, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that there are a lot of strong feminine minds here. With that being said, there is no lack of strong masculine minds here as well. The difference is that the male membership is the majority so their angry posts are sort of watered down by their numbers. The women do not have this luxury here. Strong feminine voices, even in small numbers, carry an amazing amount of heat and intensity when confronted with ignorance or injustice and I think that's what happens here. The women here are intelligent and intense and if the intensity is too much? Again, that is what the block button is for.

7. fire77

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I been sarcastic :rolleyes: ... and sorry I should have said I instead of we.

8. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes and No.
    In general I think the female posters are pretty nice what actually is a pretty big suprise considering the huge amount of jerks and trolls (or just fucking stupid men) wandering around at LPSG.
    So for the "yes" part: I've read lots of "angry" responses by females but yet I have to experience an angry reaction by a female poster that was uncalled for.

9. dolfette

Gold Member

most people in my life will tell you that they've never seen me get angry. i like to play faux grumpy on here, because it makes me laugh.

that said, some people here are so utterly fucking tedious!
    it's not anger exactly. it's that i could apathetically set fire to their heads.

10. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I consider myself "barely miffed", although there were a couple of weeks where I considered giving up men for good! lol I just get frustrated by being told what I think by men half my age with less than half my experience. I really try not to speak for other women, and only offer what I have learned over the years.

As for the other women around here and the strong opinions expressed - in my time here, I've discovered it takes a strong women to stick around here.

Here is where I'm going to say "we" instead of "I". We, the women of LPSG, are a tough, sexy, smart and opinionated lot. It takes a whole lot of woman to stick around here and whether we like women, men or both - we know what we like and we know who we are. One thing we don't like and don't tolerate is a lot of bullshit. We know how to flirt, fuck and kick your ass if we need to. Doesn't make us angry - but it does make us fun to be friends with!

11. dolfette

Gold Member

i'm bored of that tack.
    if we're going to be treated like all our tastes and opinions are carbon copies of the latest stereotype proffered by the latest tosspot who asserts to understand how all women work, i'm going to start speaking for all women. and i've decided that we will frequently be laughing and conspiring behind said tosspot's back.

12. luka82

Gold Member

I always answer HickBoy, it always makes sense;)
    I don`t think women on this site are angry. I don`t think it`s sex related at all.
    if you`re a good person or a douche than your`re just that, not sex related.

13. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    But sometimes it IS related to gender. There are men on this forum who clearly believe women are inferior creatures and dismiss everything they say. The men who appreciate women - even when the women don't agree with them on a topic - are some of the biggest reasons I stick around.

14. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

The thing I enjoy most about this site is the diversity. Hearing from people (men AND women) who have different thoughts than I. (serious/fun/humorous/sarcastic)

How can one be angry when someone else is expressing their opinions? Sometimes I believe that happens when there have been personal attacks made on someone (and then anger is an accceptable reaction). However, use of forums is NOT the place for personal attacks OR responding to such attacks.

I enjoy meeting people, hearing about experiences, and learning different ways of looking at things. If I don't approve, or like, the way someone reacts to a thread or blog, I do not find it my right to insist they believe in my opinions. I may express my opinion (and try to be respectful) but do not force my opinions. If I don't like it, I don't get angry....there is no point in that.... I just move right along.

Many of the people I have had interactions with on this site seem to have the similar attitude. Don't like it? Move right along...no need to be angry about something you cannot control. Some do not. I enjoy interacting with ALL types of people, yes, even those with labels, b/c I imagine that I, too, must carry a label.

I've never been one to really care much for what people think of me. I know who I am and am happy with ME. I don't need other's approval to be me. Especially online relations. So labels don't really bother me, one way or another. (Well, I wish we could do away with them, but as long as there are people with varying backgrounds, I imagine labels will forever be with us.... **heavy sigh**. )

I don't see this as a gender issue. I have seen anger in the forums on both sides...considering the male/female ratio, I'd say the anger is equitably distributed. And so is the good humor and fun! And THAT makes the site worthwhile (for me).

15. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had to answer in the medium range in order to answer at all, since my rage level varies so extremely. Being relatively maturer than some, if I am seriously ticked about something I step away from the thread for a while before replying. I also cut possible trolls quite a bit of slack, just in case they are serious. Sometimes purely naive posts are labeled trollish without much evidence, hurting newbies unnecessarily.

16. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

People talk about anger like it's some kind of scourge that must be contained. Anger is just an emotion, and emotions are just energy. There's nothing inherently threatening about anger. I'm a hell of a lot more scared of a stupid person than I am of an angry one. Sometimes anger is an appropriate response to a situation, especially in the face of repeated provocations.

Members of this board tend to have an especially fucked up idea of what boundaries are, usually something along the lines of, "You have no right to piss me off, and how dare you get pissed off at me for what I say in my response to what you say?" They take a one-sided approach to their own boundaries versus others'. Ask me for examples; I can cite them until they are running out of your ears and you're begging me to stop.

Those sticky posts at the top of this forum are formally stated boundaries. They get violated by posters, mostly newbies and most of them men, pretty much on a daily basis. It's not rational to expect a person to allow his or her clearly-expressed boundaries to be violated consistently and persistently without becoming angry. It's not up to you, either, to decide whether another person's boundaries are reasonable. When he or she states a need, you have the option of respecting it or walking away. But if you get in somebody else's house and they tell you how they want you to behave and you refuse, you deserve whatever response they deliver if you try to stand your ground.

Most of the posters in this forum are pretty even-tempered, but everybody has limits. If people would show some respect when they come in here, there wouldn't be nearly as much "anger".

17. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think many of the women here have spirit. I like a woman with spirit.

18. CrookedHalo

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree with Fancy's statements...thank you to the lovely Ms. Fancy for having so effectively and accurately wording it.

Oh, for the official record; I most definitely AM NOT A MAN-HATER!! Although you'll never catch me instigating conflict, I'm feisty enough to stand up for myself if I choose to.

19. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I rarely get angry on this website; there really isn't any point. I'm here maybe 15 - 20 minutes, and then I go about my REAL life. :rolleyes:

However, the poll was so much fun that I decided to vote 9-10... as Achmed the Dead Terrorist says, "I keeeeeeeeel you!!!"

20. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

There are a lot of angry people here, of both sexes.

I'm not sure why that is, frankly - but it seems that people here get angry faster, and more often, than in any other forum I've frequented. I have a couple of hypotheses, but that's it.

Draft saved Draft deleted