Are Guys More Comfortable Naked In The Locker Room Than They Used To Be?

I'm not hung at all. So I typically strip to my underwear and walk to the shower stalls with in my underwear with my towel and another pair to change into. Then I take them off behind the curtain, shower, and put on the new ones.

I forgot to grab my clean pair and didn't realize until I had already showered. So I wrapped my towel around myself and went to my locker. I took off my towel in front of everyone and then put on my clean underwear. Hadn't done that before. It wasn't so bad but I was a little apprehensive. If I was bigger, I'd probably walk to my car naked but I'm just not a big guy so there's some caution there.

I'm average sized myself, but I don't let that stop me. I strip naked at my locker and walk to the steam room and open shower naked. I stay naked until I return to my locker to get changed back into my clothes.

hot showers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm average sized myself, but I don't let that stop me. I strip naked at my locker and walk to the steam room and open shower naked. I stay naked until I return to my locker to get changed back into my clothes.

Same (actually, a bit smaller than average, here), but same approach to nudity in the locker room. I use the open shower with guys of all sizes.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I'm not hung at all. So I typically strip to my underwear and walk to the shower stalls with in my underwear with my towel and another pair to change into. Then I take them off behind the curtain, shower, and put on the new ones.

I forgot to grab my clean pair and didn't realize until I had already showered. So I wrapped my towel around myself and went to my locker. I took off my towel in front of everyone and then put on my clean underwear. Hadn't done that before. It wasn't so bad but I was a little apprehensive. If I was bigger, I'd probably walk to my car naked but I'm just not a big guy so there's some caution there.

That's the first step, dude. You stripped naked. Believe me , even if you're kinda small, it's ok to be naked. The other guys don't care that much; they'll look and that'll be that. There's nothing as affirming as going ahead and overcoming that fear and stripping naked.
Walk buck naked to the shower with your towel in your hand! You can do it!

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
The other day, at the gym, there was a 20 something in the locker room. He stripped down and walked right by me on his way to the showers. He did not cover up but carried his towel in his hand. He is about 6' and has a very small cut dick. All you could see was short trimmed pubic hair, a small set of balls and the head of his dick. It looked like a button holding his balls on. He was obviously not shy nor embarrassed as he stopped and talked to another guy on the way and did not cover up.

Reactions: effedi7

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
The other day, at the gym, there was a 20 something in the locker room. He stripped down and walked right by me on his way to the showers. He did not cover up but carried his towel in his hand. He is about 6' and has a very small cut dick. All you could see was short trimmed pubic hair, a small set of balls and the head of his dick. It looked like a button holding his balls on. He was obviously not shy nor embarrassed as he stopped and talked to another guy on the way and did not cover up.

Obviously, I'm in favor of this. I hope he keeps it up... er, so to speak. I can, tho, imagine that it's gotta suck to have a button dick. I'm just glad he's ok showing it. Life is unfair.... have ya noticed?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My pop taught me that I am there to shower- which means being naked... So I get naked. Was raised to believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with the male body, or being naked. Men come (no pun intended) in a wide variety of sizes,shapes, colors, etc... just like plants, cars, etc. Don't stare, point or laugh. Be Nice.

I hope I have passed the same on to my sons, brother and nephew (MODS, please do not ban me over that statement, at this point they are ALL over 18 I am not talking about nude children, only a general statement)

I can't get dry with clothes on either, so I towel off while naked...

cock30

Legendary Member
Media
Going back to the original question in this thread, I still tend to think that there is a shift back to going naked more than there was say 8 to 10 years ago. At my gym there are guys 18, 19, 20 all messing about naked in the locker room and they seem cool with being naked. Still some prudes but a few years back it seemed like nobody would strip off under 30 years old. Is it that or just more personal experience of different locker room set ups and different locker room dynamics?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
At the gym I go to now- generally rule is 50+ - naked, under 25 = fully clothed/towel dancing, or goes home to shower...baffling. (as discussed on multiple threads)

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Part of it is the new facilities, I think. All of the gyms in my area used to have open showers, and during the last 10 years I've kept my membership all of them have remodeled from open and undivided showers to stalls with either pull curtains or marble wall slabs and glass doors.

It's pretty easy now to minimize the nakedness to a quick drop of the shorts at the locker- and if you stand and linger for a long time without a towel you look like you're intentionally trying to show off- not to mention standing at the mirror to shave your face. And at my club, someone is just likely to to say something to you!

Its going to take a pop culture bump to make it "cool" to remind men that the locker room is the place where you are SUPPOSED to be naked. That's not going to get any easier as guys are feeling more and more self-conscious and perhaps even a little "weirded out" by those who aren't limited by gender roles. And club managers have got to stop bending to the pressure to create both facilities and rules that conform to the generation who grew up with private bedrooms and the internet substituting time spent out skinny dipping with their buddies in the river.

Last edited:

Maybe, they didn't have dads who helped them feel comfortable being nude around other guys. It is just natural. Maybe, they all need to go into the military so they get used to it.

I think you have a point there. With single parent households being the norm nowadays (with the mother usually having full custody), you have boys growing up without a strong positive male influence showing them how to be men. It's no secret that women have always had a different perspective on this, and have probably taught their sons to cover up and not expose themselves to anyone.

I never saw my dad naked once in my whole life! I did do loads of sports and showering naked as a group was compulsory so just got used to it.

I remember when I was a boy my father bringing me into the shower with him to "teach" me how to shower because I was getting too old for baths. He served in the army in England, so my guess is that showering with other men was the norm back then as that would have been in the 1950s. Other than that, he was a shit role model for me. My parents divorced when I was 12, and he became concerned only with his own well being, so I was shoved to the side. My mother pretty much raised me from that point on, so I had to learn how to man up by myself.

cock30

Legendary Member
Media
I do wish I'd had that kind of open relationship with my dad where nudity wasn't an issue but never once saw him naked. I broke down those barriers around nudity with close friends and playing sports, the gym etc. I see guys at the gym who are grown men now of all ages from 18 to 25 who shower with their dads and brothers and it's really nice to see that close relationship. There are two brothers at my gym who workout and shower together all the time and once their dad was in the pool and all four of us ended up naked together at the same time. The guys just carried on showering like normal even though their dad was there. Both of their dicks were bigger than their dads and mine, and the conversation just flowed. A really comfortable easy situation.

scanlan

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I didn't used to be comfortable being naked anywhere when I was a kid. I was always so much bigger than anyone else so I thought there was something wrong with it. When I got a little older I loved the attention I got being naked and loved showing it off.
There are two guys at my gym who don't like seeing me naked and have told me so. I think it's penis envy because they are both very small. So, out of respect, when they are in the locker room I wear a towel.

Attachments

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not sure how far back you're talking about but I think people are far more modest today in locker rooms than they were back in the day.

When I went to school, PE was every day and showers were required. Part of the socialization process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duane.Ament

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I didn't used to be comfortable being naked anywhere when I was a kid. I was always so much bigger than anyone else so I thought there was something wrong with it. When I got a little older I loved the attention I got being naked and loved showing it off.
There are two guys at my gym who don't like seeing me naked and have told me so. I think it's penis envy because they are both very small. So, out of respect, when they are in the locker room I wear a towel.

Very kind of you to cover up out of courtesy, but seriously... these guys actually came up to you and TOLD you they were uncomfortable with your nudity?? That's fucked up.

hot showers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Very kind of you to cover up out of courtesy, but seriously... these guys actually came up to you and TOLD you they were uncomfortable with your nudity?? That's fucked up.

The fact that being naked in a men's room is somehow considered discourteous is crazy. It's one thing for the towel dancers to opt out of nudity themselves (although I think it's silly). It's a completely different story to act like I need to cover up as well.

I don't invade anyone's space and I don't walk around with a hard-on. I do weigh myself naked, shower in the open shower if there is one, and walk from the shower to my locker naked. I'm not hung, but I'm completely comfortable with any guy see my penis. I don't understand how seeing it can make someone else uncomfortable.

BB25

Admired Member
Media
Maybe, they didn't have dads who helped them feel comfortable being nude around other guys. It is just natural. Maybe, they all need to go into the military so they get used to it.

The military is a good point. Unlike in North America, open showers are still very much the norm in countries that have compulsory military service such as China, Korea, Germany, Austria and Russia, and men in these countries (even younger guys in their 20s and 30s) are usually very comfortable using them and being naked around other guys in the lockerroom.