Ashes

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
F'n arse you F'n AUSSIES re the CRICKET/BALL TAMPERING/CHEATING

DONT try and weasel your way out of the F'n more than fair/cunning 1 year only bans
make them do there time,a few weeks gone already
should have been more

and dont try and cite 'contrition' shown either
Smith yes,Warner NO,other,not his fault

they did wrong,and the punishment was/is light

Ball-tampering saga: Cricketers' Association says press conference 'rushed', asks for penalties to be reconsidered

TOP STORIES
Cricketers' Association says players 'rushed' to comment on ball tampering
The Australian Cricketers' Association questions the process that led Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft to face a press conference "minutes after leaving the field" over the ball-tampering incident in South Africa.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ASHES COMMONWEALTH GAMES

small thing but VIP
most espect this and takes mdia to ty for an agvantage,stuff them

good job
media can think they are a law unto themselves/sometimes
00s of 000s always espect suuuch but not these devils,suffe

Channel Nine suspended from Games coverage until after opening ceremony
Channel Nine is heavily criticised by officials and remains banned from the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games until after Wednesday night's opening ceremony, after breaching strict broadcasting rules.

Channel Nine has been heavily criticised by officials and banned from the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games until after Wednesday night's opening ceremony, because they breached strict broadcasting conditions.

The network's media accreditation was suspended after they aired behind-the scenes footage of Saturday night's confidential opening ceremony dress rehearsal.

He said 16,000 volunteers and spectators had respected the media blackout at the rehearsal, but Channel Nine chose to air footage shot on a mobile phone on their 6:00pm news on Sunday night.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ashes disastrous SA tour disastrous sledging/cheating exposed
and dont mind putting it out thee as such because its truth

thinking now coach LEHMAN wasent initially sacked because it would have inferred the 'entire team' knew of the ploy

grow up Australian CRICKET
and you dont need the F'wit above to suggest a reduced sentence for the 3 offenders, with HIS playing on our sympathy for the guys contrition
ONLY x Capt SMITH showed genuine contition as far as i am concerned

learn from him/her, probaably a sfer bet !

9538882-3x2-700x467.jpg

bring on the Commonwealth Games in Qld/Au today,
redeem yourseleves partially thru that Aussie
still love ya ha

With a glimmer of hope, Australia's disastrous tour of South Africa meets its end
On the final day of a catastrophic tour, Australia crashed to the tune of 7 for 31. But out of the despair, there emerges the faint prospect of redemption.

9614944-3x2-700x467.jpg

9614544-3x2-700x467.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-...tm_content=ABCNewsmail_topstories_articlelink

What happened to Matilda from the 1982 Commonwealth Games?
Like anyone at the end of their working life, when Matilda the Commonwealth Games mascot retired she had one thing in mind — travel. Curious Brisbane tracks her adventures these past 36 years, and reveals where she can be found today.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
GOOD on ya Stevie SMITH again,only one who showed genuine contrition, i think
basically endorsed my feelings 2 hours later
you have no intention of contesting that paltry 1 year ban/will get on with things
and in my mind, the only one who has already redeemed himself
serve your time/get on with things,and you will be CAPTAIN again asap

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

as expected
that WARNER needs to be banned for life or/and SHOT
ridiculous how much they seem to let him get away with
absolutely no decency nor credibility in him
Lehman all over
i think the two of them were at fault and likely convinced SMITH to do the silly deed
been my thought from day one actually?

Cricketers Steve Smith, Cameron Bancroft say they will not appeal ban
Former Australian captain Steve Smith rules out appealing against his 12-month ban for his involvement in the ball-tampering incident, while Cameron Bancroft says the same of his nine-month ban.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NOT getting my respect WARNER
left it for the last moment
am sure YOU wanted to contest the minimal BAN and your lawyers talked you out of it
BANNED FOR LIFE should have been your punishment

do the good thing and pull out, no one wnts you compared to billiant playing SMITH

have a feeling you will come back and still be an arsehole

GOOD for you Aussie swimmers at the Commonwealth Games
best swimmers in the world for yeaars

Horton puts on a clinic of control to get Australia off to a golden start
Cool and impervious to pressure, Mack Horton put expectations to one side to get Australia off the mark in the Commonwealth Games' gold medal column, racing the way he wanted.

Email
Commonwealth Games: Mack Horton's control reels James Guy in for Australia's first gold
By James Maasdorp on the Gold Coast

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-...tm_content=ABCNewsmail_topstories_articlelink

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Australians break world records in the pool and velodrome in super start to Comm Games
Horton takes gold in the 400m freestyle before the track cyclists join the party, with the women's and men's pursuit teams winning gold — the men in world record time.

YES this weekend !!!
TASSIE!!!

http://www.supercars.com/tasmania/?
gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjPO2wZ2k2gIVmwsrCh2hKg0NEAAYASAAEgLjYvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

How the new qualifying format works

Elimination sessions for Symmons Plains and Barbagallo Racewayread more ›

Lowndes and Van Gisbergen positive ahead of Tasmania

http://www.supercars.com/videos/cha...LT01QMEtOVEtLWmJtaEs1a1hYd0pkSm11MERNY1oifQ==

http://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/drivers-relive-symmons-plains-carnage/?cat=default

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ashes
toue achievementsare shared by us and vs a vs Australia
- i said ha

Etoundi the showman wins weightlifting bronze despite injuring shoulder

Francois Etoundi was sent home in shame for a fight during Glasgow 2014, but the backflipping Australian overcame a shoulder injury to win bronze at the Gold Coast as he looks to bury the hatchet for his past indiscretion.

'Hope that she is proud of me': Tia-Clair Toomey's late cousin inspires dramatic Games victory

Following the death of her 17-year-old cousin in a car accident last week, weightlifter Tia-Clair Toomey was battling more than her opponents as she won Commonwealth Games gold.

Mauritius delegate charged with assault leaves Australia

A Commonwealth Games official from Mauritius who has been charged with assaulting a female athlete has left Australia, police confirm.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
they/we
as in sub humans
will BITCH AND MOAN about anything/anyone
even in sports the bastards
leave them alone and live with it
your worse than the Fuckwit Trump, bininging that up

TRUTH be known we probably all have a super kinky over the top sexual habit we cant control closeted c...ts we all are

and id say that even if he/she was not a Kiwi
Human more so than many of us you pc bastards

a MAN isent a man because it has a FKN disgusting COCK hnginging between its legs like an ANIMAL
yep i am Fckn ANGRY!!!
SELF RIGHTEOUS BASTARDS

'A man is a man': Controversy over transgender New Zealand weightlifter at Commonwealth Games
The Samoan head coach wants her out while others back her right to compete, as controversy heats up over New Zealand transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ashes
AUSSIE SWIMMERS BEST swimmers in the world

OURTEAMGC

A NEW RECORD

The Australian Swim Team are taking home a record breaking 28 gold medals and an incredible 73 medals in total after the most successful Commonwealth Games in history.

What’s behind the medals is just as important - a committed team of athletes, coaches and support staff all working together to achieve.

Each of the six nights of swimming brought with it new highlights heralding the start of a new golden era for the sport two years out from the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

AND WASN'T THAT A WIN!

It was Bronte Campbell's time to shine on Monday night as she won gold in the hotly contested 100m freestyle, setting a new games record in the process ....

READ THE ARTICLE HERE

MITCH SCOOPS THE POOL

Writing his name into the history books, Mitch Larkin has become the first man to ever win the backstroke treble: 50,100 & 200m at a Commonwealth Games. He scored himself a whopping five gold medals putting him in the company of both Susie O'Neill (six) and Ian Thorpe (six).

DISCO DISKEN DANCES Timothy Disken took no prisoners at the Games nabbing gold in his Olympic event, the S9 100m freestyle and a second gold in the SB8 100m breastroke. All this mere months after the biggest battle of his life, surviving emergency brain surgery.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
THE EVENT IN IMAGES

We LOVE LOVE LOVE all our photos!
Find all the event images HERE and throw your support behind our athletes. Please feel free to share any of the images and tag in Swimming Australia.

CATCH UP ON CHANNEL 7

Did you miss some of the action? Channel 7 have a selection of highlights for you to browse right here.

WATCH THE SWIMMING HIGHLIGHTS

READ THE EVENT HIGHLIGHTS

Can't get enough of the swimming highlights? Flick back through all our heats and finals wrap articles here.

READ ALL THE EVENT HIGHLIGHTS

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Winx wins again and matches Black Caviar record
Champion racehorse Winx wins her 25th race in a row, beating Gailo Chop in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Randwick, and equalling Black Caviar's streak.

Email
Winx wins again and matches Black Caviar record of 25 straight race victories
Updated April 14, 2018 17:43:54

PHOTO: Winx brought up her 18th Group One win in the richest race of the Sydney autumn carnival. (AAP: David Moir)

MAP: Randwick 2031
For the first time in about two years, Chris Waller has had to study the form trying to decipher why some experts thought Winx was vulnerable in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes.

He need not have worried with the mare again showing why she is rated the world's best with her 25th consecutive win to equal Black Caviar and 18th at Group One level in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Randwick on Saturday.

She was ridden cold by Hugh Bowman from the outside barrier and made her customary move approaching the home turn.

Bowman took her to the outside and let her loose down the Randwick straight where she accelerated to sweep past Gailo Chop ($26) to win by three and three-quarters lengths with Happy Clapper ($11) running on for third.

Although she dominated the market at $1.24, she was as short as $1.15 earlier in the week, prompting Waller's concerns.

"For the first time in a long time I sat down and went through the opposition," Waller said.

"I have every respect for the other horses in the race like Humidor, Gailo Chop and of course Happy Clapper but she has been going as well as ever.

"I knew I had done my job but it is always a relief when she wins. It's hard to describe what she can do."

What she can do is run her final 600m in 33.48 seconds with seeming ease.

PHOTO: Winx accelerated from the back of the field to streak away for another win. (AAP: Daniel Munoz)

For Waller the build-up to the Queen Elizabeth Stakes has been a little different with media from the United States, Japan, France and England in Sydney.

"It's been a learning curve," Waller said. "We're at a stage now we are used to this constant pressure which is pretty intense.

"As you see the great sporting coaches, I love watching them, seeing how they cope with losses, you don't stop learning."

One person who does know the pressure is retired trainer Peter Moody who guided Black Caviar throughout her career and was on hand to see Winx equal her record.

"Winx is unbelievable," he said. "It's a joy watching her and there's no pressure on me."

Bowman doesn't show his emotions as much as Winx's trainer, ever mindful of the job he has to do.

"I'm so proud of her and I'm just so proud to be a part of it," he said.

"There's so many cogs to the wheel and I know I get the dream ride here today.

"God forbid if something went wrong it wouldn't be a good place to be, but she's so exceptional, she is able to overcome everything and what a pleasure she is for sport.

"I know I've got the engine to round them up, but I can't do it on my own.

"The bottom line is she's got lengths on her rivals. It makes it easy for me."

PHOTO: Champion racehorse Winx has won her 25th race in a row. (ABC News: David Spicer)

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ASGES F1

seems like it may finally be Vettells year
i wonder if he will open up and smile a little /lot more

F1: Sebastian Vettel seals pole for Chinese Grand Prix
The German driver set a new lap record for Ferrari as he topped qualifying ahead of Sunday's Shanghai showpiece. Defending world champion Lewis Hamilton struggled into fourth place.

Sebastian Vettel's blistering start to the Formula One season continued as he sealed pole and set a new lap record of 1 minute 31.095 seconds in qualifying for Sunday's race. It was a positive day all round for Ferrari, with teammate Kimi Raikkonen taking second spot as rivals Mercedes struggled.

Read more: F1: Five changes for the 2018 season

"The car was really amazing, it just kept getting better. So I'm really happy," Vettel told reporters. "I was a bit beaten up, but knew that if I could get a tidy lap and have a little bit of margin, I can push it. It was really good."

Ferrari achieved back-to-back front row lockouts for the first time in 12 years, putting the team in good stead to continue its great start to the season. Vettel has a 17-point lead over his main rival, the Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton, after the opening two races of the season. The British driver admitted it would be tough to stop Ferrari winning a third straight event.

Vettel on track during his final practice in Shanghai

"We started the weekend positively in practice, but the car went away from us today," he said. "The pace just wasn't there. It's not going to be easy to beat Kimi and Sebastian tomorrow, they're the quickest on the straights too, so overtaking will be tough. We start fourth and I'm going to have to fight from there."

Despite a lacklustre start to the season, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff rejected the notion that his team's dominance was ending after four straight world titles.

"We've shown in the past that we have recovered from difficult periods, and I have actually started to appreciate the difficult days because they make us progress and understand our car better," he explained. "The funny thing about being outperformed on Saturday is that you are the lion that is just waiting to jump on its prey."

Despite the defiant stance, Mercedes will know a huge performance from Hamilton will be required if Vettel is to be caught on Sunday. If the German wins again, it will be a long way back in the title race.

The grid for the Chinese Grand Prix:

http://www.dw.com/en/f1-sebastian-v...n-newsletter_en_bulletin-2097-html-newsletter
ed/jh (AFP, Reuters)

DW RECOMMENDS

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

NZ's new golden couple
Stacey Michelsen won't have to listen to her partner gloat about his gold medal - she has one too.

Stacey Michelsen and Sam Webster are New Zealand's new golden couple
  • individual sprint and team sprint.

Both have been cheering each other on, on social media, while pursuing their own Commonwealth Games aspirations.

Webster was not at Saturday's match, but wished his girlfriend congratulations on Instagram.

"... An incredible game, so proud! Wish I was there to share to moment with you."

The glory was all Michelsen's on Saturday, as her team swooped to a convincing win 4-1, against the host country Australia, in the gold medal match.

It was the first time New Zealand's womens hockey team had won the top gong at the Commonwealth Games, and the jubilation at the end was obvious.

The team mates jumping in the air, whooping, and hugging.

Ad Feedback
    The team was cheered on to glory by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, partner Clarke Gayford, and Minister of Sport Grant Robertson.

Ardern was supposed to only stay for a few minutes, but extended her time at the game, cheering on the girls in black.

Meanwhile intensity was heating up on the other side of the world, with the US, UK, and France launching bomb attacks on Syria.

Ardern had to face a stand-up, after the medals were presented, to talk about New Zealand's position.

The hockey players won't be only Kiwis celebrating this evening, with boxer David Nyika also taking out a gold medal.

His second.

1523702295971.jpg

John Cowpland / www.photosport.n
    Sam Webster wons gold in the mens sprint. Cycling.

David Nyika, who was given the nickname Guiness by his team-mates after dying his hair blonde, beat Australian Jason Whateley with a unanimous 3-0 decision to win the 91-kilogram heavyweight division Commonwealth Games title on Saturday.

The 22-year-old became the first man to win Games gold medals in two different weight classes after winning the 81kg division in Glasgow in 2014.

He came into the final holding a 3-0 career record against Whateley and was quickly on the front foot as he used his reach and quickness to good use in the first round.

1523702295971.jpg

GETTY IMAGES
    (L-R) Silver medalist Jason Whateley of Australia, Gold medalist David Nyika of New Zealand, Bronze medalists Naman Tanwar of India and Cheavon Clarke of England pose during the medal ceremony for the men's 91kg class.

Georgia Williams broke a 20-year medal drought in the women's cycling road race.