I used to work as a Nurse on an Oncology floor in a Major hospital in Boston. I can tell you that "assisted suicicide" goes on ALL the time in hospitals. Doctors would prescribe for terminal patients, a continuos infusion of Morphine with quite a WIDE range to be determined at the Nurse's discretion. After discussion between the Nurse, Patient, and their family it would be determined what the "plan" was. When the plan was"keep me comfortable, or I don't want to suffer" the Nurse had to make a decision. Increased doses of Morphine almost always by depressing the breathing reflex. Often times, doses of Morphine, sufficient to Keep a Patient comfortable were also doses that would be ultimately fatal. On the floor I worked, Nurses would call it, Dialing him home to Jesus". If that's not assisted suicide I don't know what else is.So I guess the answer to the question is "Yes, I could"........and my hope would be that someone would also do the same for me if I was the patient.