Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
We may not be able to come back due to purgatory or something else, or it could be because we are dead and rotting in the ground (or ashes, like I plan to become). I like the latter, it may not be as pretty, but it is the most simple. And I'm a person who finds elegance in simplicity.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
We may not be able to come back due to purgatory or something else, or it could be because we are dead and rotting in the ground (or ashes, like I plan to become). I like the latter, it may not be as pretty, but it is the most simple. And I'm a person who finds elegance in simplicity.
No taxidermist in yah future, Pendlum?
Pity.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well it's not as if I actually have a choice in the end. :tongue: Really depends on if whoever is taking care of my dead body follows my instructions or not. I would make a fine stuffed statue though. </vain> :tongue:

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So why would ANY Christian BE EXPECTED to give credence to something that is as absurd as astrology which doesn't have one iota of factual basis? Would you expect me to 'embrace' the Flat Earth Society? Get real woman...I think 'Pendlum' kinda summed it up!!

What I meant was this.... when something goes against the given norm, it's always a "christain" who throws the stone. I always find it funny that those who profess they're a christain are always the first to complain, put down or condem. Just like Jesus teaches them to do....not.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What I meant was this.... when something goes against the given norm, it's always a "christain" who throws the stone. I always find it funny that those who profess they're a christain are always the first to complain, put down or condem. Just like Jesus teaches them to do....not.

AMEN to that!!

I totally believe in astrology, not horoscopes which I think are just generalization but as far as character traits, I could not POSSIBLY be any more like my sign. I've read extensively about other signs and combinations of signs and it's usually DEAD ON. Why is it assumed to be nonsense because we don't understand it? The moon affects the tides and the crops, why not personalities??

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Correction, the gravity of the moon affects the tides. So at best, imo, you could say that gravity MIGHT affect personalities. That being said, the stars that make up the constellations are so far away that their gravity doesn't impact us.

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
AMEN to that!!

I totally believe in astrology, not horoscopes which I think are just generalization but as far as character traits, I could not POSSIBLY be any more like my sign. I've read extensively about other signs and combinations of signs and it's usually DEAD ON. Why is it assumed to be nonsense because we don't understand it? The moon affects the tides and the crops, why not personalities??

Anecdotes are not data.

Your experiences are self-selecting. Because you feel they match, you are an advocate for astrology.

Research into astrology when properly conducted, using double blind studies, show accuracy no better than chance.

The physical mechanism behind how the Moon affects tides and crops are understood. No such mechanism is shown for personalities, and when careful studies are done no such correlation exists.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anecdotes are not data.

Your experiences are self-selecting. Because you feel they match, you are an advocate for astrology.

Research into astrology when properly conducted, using double blind studies, show accuracy no better than chance.

The physical mechanism behind how the Moon affects tides and crops are understood. No such mechanism is shown for personalities, and when careful studies are done no such correlation exists.

Couldnt you say the exact same thing about religion/prayer?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Seaside, I am with you on this. I would prefer there to be scientific evidence, as there is for the gravitational effects of the moon, but it simply isn't there yet. I sincerely hope astrophysics is as accommodating as the astrologers who search their imaginations and intuitions for explanations of new discoveries such as Charon, Juno, and Sedna, as well as the unpronounceable second moon of Earth.

They were quick to embrace the effects of Pluto, which more properly should be termed the Plutoids. I am hopeful that common ground will be mapped eventually.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi,
I live in the United States.
Astrology is the one which help us in predicting what is going to be held in the near future of ours.....The fields like Palm Reading,Numerology,horoscope etc are the parts of it...Horoscope includes solar charts whereas numerology includes the game of numbers...This is an interesting field to learn....
Well I was not much into astrology until I understood its value in my life. I had loss in my business and was going through a very tough phase. Then one of my friends suggested me vedic astrology. Since then my financial position has improved a lot. I have regained my confidence and also have started to follow astrology . Currently I am doing some research work on it. I would recommend everyone to make astrology a part of their life .. Well I am not suggesting to leave hard work as only way to success is hard work and determination, but what I am trying to say is that astrology walks hand to hand with hard work and shields us from negative power if used correctly..
Reviews are welcomed.
Cheers and God bless everyone!!

Want to know your destiny click: Daily horoscopes and Monthly horoscopes

:spam::gives2:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Purgatory schmurgatory. Astrology is just as valid as mormonism. It's right up there with scientology and those whacky wiccens making fairie circles from local rocks hither and yon in Sedona, AZ, to indicate vortices. Vortices? I've got your vortice . . . right hear (midlifebear cups hand to crotch).

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is not "assumed to be nonsense because we don't understand it." It is proved by investigation to have zero predictive value. You should learn about the Forer Effect, named after psychologist Bertram Forer, who himself termed it, in a famous paper, "The Fallacy of Personal Evaluation." (The original text of his article, published in 1949, can be found in a PDF file here or read on line here.) Forer had the students in one of his classes fill out a questionnaire that he called the "Diagnostic Interest Blank (DIB)." Sometime afterwards, he gave each of them a "personality description" consisting of 13 numbered statements, supposedly derived from the results of the test. The students were then asked to make the following evaluations:
A. Rate on a scale of 0 (poor) to 5 (perfect) how effective the DIB is in revealing personality.

B. Rate on a scale of 0 to 5 the degree to which the personality description reveals basic characteristics of your personality.

C. Then turn the paper again and check each statement as true or false about yourself or use a question mark if you cannot tell.
The average value for the answers to question A was 4.3; the average value in answer to question B was 4.0; and the average number of questions marked "true" in answer to question C was 10.2 (of 13). All but 1 of the 39 students responding rated the DIB a 4 or a 5, and 34 of the 39 rated the personality description a 4 or a 5. In other words, the DIB and the resultant personality description were overwhelmingly rated highly for accuracy in revealing personality.

Now for the interesting point: One and the same "personality description" was given to all the students. It had nothing to do with how students had responded to the DIB, which was a mere procedural ruse. It was a piece of fixed, generic description. Yet the students were impressed by its insight into their personalities.

Forer's results have been reproduced and confirmed by subsequent experiments; thus, there is little probability that his sample of subjects were any more gullible than most people. The fact is that if a one-size-fits-all personality description is given to people under the pretense of being a response to their specific individual personality, the vast majority of them will be impressed by its accuracy.

So to make a credible claim that astrology is able to identify specific personality traits, you will need to show that the results go beyond what can be explained by the Forer effect. So far as I know, no one has ever done this.