Athletic cups?

Cloudracer

Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2025
Posts
223
Media
7
Likes
1,880
Points
288
Gender
Male
So, none of the sports I play use cups—like hard cups—but I've always been curious what they feel like. Are they fun? They look like they'd hurt if you got hard with one on, but I like how they look on guys. Anyone have any experiences with them or like them?
 
  • Like
Reactions: bigbenis
I played high school and college baseball in the US. As a Cather, we were required to wear a jockstrap and a cup. Some guys wore the compression shorts that have a pouch for the cup. They are a pain in the ass to wear. They always seem to be in the way. But if the ball bounces on the ground and hits you in the crotch, you are thankful. The other problem is finding a comfortable cup to wear if you have big nuts like I have.
 
I like tight flat-front suits, so I tried wearing a size small cup. Nice squeeze but I could not do anything with it on so I got rid of it.
 
I used to wear a cup when I played softball and umpired baseball. And I also wear it when I play racquetball. I don't find them uncomfortable at all. When I play racquetball I wear a jock for the support and then wear the cup in the jock overtop of the smaller jock. I feel more comfortable playing when I wear it. Like a lot of guys I probably adjust it somewhat regularly.
 
So, none of the sports I play use cups—like hard cups—but I've always been curious what they feel like. Are they fun? They look like they'd hurt if you got hard with one on, but I like how they look on guys. Anyone have any experiences with them or like them?
I love the hard cups, they feel good and look amazing, and certainly are fun.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Summer of 1973
I played high school and college baseball in the US. As a Cather, we were required to wear a jockstrap and a cup. Some guys wore the compression shorts that have a pouch for the cup. They are a pain in the ass to wear. They always seem to be in the way. But if the ball bounces on the ground and hits you in the crotch, you are thankful. The other problem is finding a comfortable cup to wear if you have big nuts like I have.
How did you feel knowing everything was protected
 
How did you feel knowing everything was protected
Thankful. I really didn't think much about it at the time. As I stated I played the Catcher position. When the Pitcher throws the baseball with all he has, the ball drops, hits the ground, bonces and hits you, even though you are wearing a cup, you can feel it. 😉
 
Thankful. I really didn't think much about it at the time. As I stated I played the Catcher position. When the Pitcher throws the baseball with all he has, the ball drops, hits the ground, bonces and hits you, even though you are wearing a cup, you can feel it. 😉
Did you ever outgrow a cup and had to get a larger size?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Summer of 1973
I used to wear a cup when I played softball and umpired baseball. And I also wear it when I play racquetball. I don't find them uncomfortable at all. When I play racquetball I wear a jock for the support and then wear the cup in the jock overtop of the smaller jock. I feel more comfortable playing when I wear it. Like a lot of guys I probably adjust it somewhat regularly.
I thought I was just about they only one person that wore a hard cup for raquelball. I first did not, just wearing a wideband gym type jockstrap for racquetball. Until the first time I got hit down there. It was a glancing blow luckily. It still hurt. I need er stepped onto a racquetball court again with the protection of a cup. I am sort of like ypu, I wear a regular jock, next a cup jockstrap with cup in pocket over the first jockstrap. Works well for baseball, racquetball, paintball. I never felt uncomfortable wearing a cup. At first maybe a little, but you get used to it really fast.