Back from Extinction

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, he was a pedo.

Funny how people overlook such small matters when dazzled by their other talents. :rolleyes:

Oh I have heard of the rumours. There is no actual proof that Oscar was a Paedophile. Yes, he liked young men, but those known about were all of today's (UK) legal age and above.

Funny how people overlook such matters when numbed with a wee lack in cohesive expression.:rolleyes:

Pretty much all of Hawaii's native species.

I tend to agree that anything humans had the primary hand in extinguishing should be the first priorities. Whether that includes Neanderthals or not I don't know but I wouldn't include them because they would essentially be slaves. As non-humans they would have nothing more than the rights of animals.

For the sheer fun of it, I'd like to see moas, dodos, rocs, aurochs, ground sloths, cave lions, Barbary lions, giant goanas, Haast's eagle, Argentavis, Irish elk, and for an added extra special just-because-we-can, and ankylosaur.

One spectacular species very close to extinction is the legendary Hoan Kiem giant turtle from Vietnam. It is known to live in only one small lake in downtown Hanoi and there may be fewer than five of them left. We know so little about them, despite being in a tiny lake in a major city, is that they are seen so rarely that scientists didn't even know it truly existed until 1998. Prior to that the giant turtle only appeared in Vietnamese myth.

It is a big turtle. One specimen weighed over 400 pounds and measured over six feet. They may grow larger but no one really knows as years pass without any indication that they're even alive.

It would be a shame for a mythological creature to be brought to life only to lose it again a handful of years later.

You can read about the Hoan Kiem here.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

I have no clue, but I've seen that clip before. I think that and the dodo bird should be brought back from the dead.

The thylacine may well not be extinct. There have been some very convincing footage shot and pictures taken by park rangers which indicates that the reports of thylacine extinction may have been premature.

The thylacine performed the role of wolf in Australia's strange world of mammals while the just as interesting thylacoleo performed the role of large cat. Thylacoleo has the distinction of having the most powerful bite of any known mammal and hunted giant kangaroo (the 11 ft. tall carnivorous ones :eek:).

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the dodo deserves another shot amongst the list, dontcha think? I mean, think of how many cultural references there are to them. The rest of them, wooly mammoth, saber toothed tiger, neanderthal man, etc., well, too many big animals out of place, out of time.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I want them to bring back Mammoths. Then breed them to a miniature size just big enough to enjoy for hanging out with and carrying my golf clubs.

Mammoths survived until 1,700 years ago on Wrangel island in the NW Bering sea, the island population was dwarfed, around two meters high.

There was another dwarf subspecies on what are confusingly called the California Channel islands, 1.5 meters high.

Most of the Mediterranean islands had dwarf elephants, the smallest known were on Cyprus, they were 200k.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is so true. :tongue:

I fear the ship may have sailed on that one. :frown1:

I saw this on the news the other day and was rather annoyed. Why in the name of all that is holy are there research scientists trying to regenerate the Wooly F'g Mammoth?!? :12: What if it works? Are we supposed to start using them as transportation, like on The Flintstones? :confused: That time, money, and brain power should be put towards something useful like a cure for Parkinsons, AIDS, or Breast Cancer. :mad:
"These are aggressive living things that have no idea what century they're in, and they'll defend themselves, violently if necessary."
Dr Ellie Sattler-Jurassic Park-1993