Boardshorts

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am almost shocked by the number of guys with their wives walking around in boardshorts. You can see everything through the shorts everytime the move.
Their wives are walking around in boardshorts?

I can see why guys wear boardshorts to surf for the reasons mentioned above. But if a guy is just going to the beach or pool and not surfing, then why not wear a regular bathing suit?

lulu79

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Their wives are walking around in boardshorts?

I can see why guys wear boardshorts to surf for the reasons mentioned above. But if a guy is just going to the beach or pool and not surfing, then why not wear a regular bathing suit?

Because boardies are super comfy and dry pretty fast after you're out of the water.

Hanger2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am not a surfer, but I asked this question of a good friend who surfs all the time.

He says that board shorts are intended to provide protection for the thighs while you are paddling a surf board. With shorter swim trunks, the front of your thighs get a terrible rash from the surf board. And he agrees - wearing a Speedo under board shorts is good to keep your dick head from getting a rash while paddling a surf board. Without a Speedo underneath, your dick head will rub against the Velcro fly on board shorts and he has actually gotten a scab on his dick head that way.

I guess that your friend has a pretty small dick if he can lie on top of it when paddling. That is the only way that it can rub against the Velcro. I find it very painful to lie on top of mine on my board. The water actually washes it down between my legs when I go from sitting to lying, so it gets out of the way by itself, far from the Velcro.

Velcro is nasty stuff for a penis or scrotum. I never pee through the fly, it is way too painful.

Hanger2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am almost shocked by the number of guys with their wives walking around in boardshorts. You can see everything through the shorts everytime the move.

How do the wives not notice and/or tell them to watch it? :)

My wife gave up years ago. She used to tell me that I was showing. Eventually she gave up because she finally understood that I was not embarassed by people seeing the swing in my pants. After that she sometimes even got a kick out of it.

Sometimes she tells me to be careful how I sit because I am on display. Other times she ignores it. A couple of times she actually pushed me over onto my back when she knew that a female or two would look straight up the legs of my shorts at my uncovered bits. The last one is the one that I really enjoy.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
boardshorts should be banned; burned and never seen again.
worst fashion look for guys.

totally disagree. i live in Perth Western Australia and there is NOTHING sexier than seeing a hot guy walking with his package swaying in his boardies, and his ass crack peeking out above the back of his shorts. god DAMN its hot.:tongue:

hotdogmustard

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Spending a lot of time at the beach, I will comment as a few above have: when hanging out at the beach, I am always in boardshorts with nothing on underneath. For swimming in the ocean or volleyball in the sand, it is comfortable and functional. If I am going to be on a surfboard, I absolutely have a speedo under my boardshorts. This is primarily because a rough wave can slam you pretty hard against your own board. Having your penis and balls flopping around with a rough impact against a surfboard can cause some pretty good pain; having the equipment held closer to the body is simply safer. Other than some tough guy types, everyone in my surfing group does this in the summer. In the fall and winter we are all in wetsuits, not in boardshorts.

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I love board shorts, but have never surfed. On our senior trip wearing boxers under them at the beach seemed to be the norm, most of us had the popular AE boxers with designs and real lite colored boardies. I remember my board shorts were most white with blue eagles and I wore blue boxers with white eagles on them--this was a show off thing mostly, hoping to get a chance to shed the boardies and give some girls easy access to what lied underneath. I have never like true swim trunks with the "liner" they tugged at my hairs since I first remember getting hair there, so even when I had that style I would cut the liner out. Since my Dad bought our first waverunner and bouncing on the wave casued great pain on my nuts hitting the seat I started wearing a jockstrap under whatever I swim in. I know this seems odd in this day and time, but I already have jocks for wrestling and football so it seemed fairly normal to me. Currently I have a brite blue pair of AE polyester athletic trunks I wear under my boards when I am going to be around family or girlfriends family, but for the lake, waverunners or ocean I have a shockdoctor jocktrap--the kind not made for a cup that only has one layer of fabric which is my favorite to wear under my boards. Keeps the nuts pulled forward but doesn't get clingy to your dick so it can slide and move as needed.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

boardshorts should be banned; burned and never seen again.
worst fashion look for guys.

Exactly. They are simply awful. Awful to swim in, awful to hang around on the beach in. And in stores they only sell these "uniforms".

curtdude

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Boardshorts are made of a quick dry material and are made to be worn commando no underwear if you wear underwear with a board shirt it will take longer to dry i ngever wear anything with my boardies and who cares who sees your tool we all know guys have a twig and berries

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ok, I might should start a new thread for this question, but for now I will just put it in this one.
A couple weeks ago we were having a get together/ cook out for our wrestlers to watch the NCAA finals on the big screen in the wrestling room. Before it came on the guys had the TV on a Disney movie called "Teen Beach Movie" The main characters were transported back into a surf movie of the 60's.
One of the guys brought up the subject of what others wore under board shorts. He made the observation that the main guy character, Brady, was bulging pretty good a couple times and either had the hots for his co star or was not wearing anything under his shorts.
I noticed very little difference in the board shorts from the other 60's surfers in the movie and Brady who was a present day character.
The discussion continued as to what was worn under board shorts. Surprisingly we had very few boxer short wearers, but then again on a wrestling team boxer shorts or the minority as underwear anyway, they all seem to get used to better fitting underwear at an early age.
Some did admit to wearing boxer shorts when not swimming in them to let things hang a little bigger (its almost funny how much thought younger guys put into how to put their goods on display the best).Many freeballed regularly under board shorts, Several compression shorts, lots said American eagle trunks or the slick American eagle version of compression shorts, some even said briefs or bikini briefs. I did admit to wearing a jock under mine when they asked, and a few admitted they had done that a few times like at a camp when they had been wearing a jock and went straight to swimming at free time or something, but only one said they ever deliberately chose a jock just to wear under when going swimming.

So my question is, for you guys who wore board shorts back in the 60's and 70's when jockstraps were the norm in the locker room, how many of you wore a jockstrap under your boardies, or for that matter under whatever you swam in?
How many wore a jockstrap for anything outside of a locker room team sport?

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So my question is, for you guys who wore board shorts back in the 60's and 70's when jockstraps were the norm in the locker room, how many of you wore a jockstrap under your boardies, or for that matter under whatever you swam in?
I was a teen during the mid - late '60s, and jock straps were mandatory for gym class. I believe that mine was a Bike brand, and I didn't especially love the fabric compared to my everyday briefs. For that reason, I never wore the jock with my surf trunks (the name for board shorts at the time, although the inseam length was only 5"). The beach that I went to in the summer was a surf only beach, and none of the guys who surfed wore anything under their trunks. I bought a pair of yellow Sundek trunks in summer of '72. Of course, there was no liner, and it felt awkward without briefs, yet I got used to them for surfing.

injoyinit

Sexy Member
Media
board shorts don't have liners underneath of them so that sand and other debris churned up by the waves will flow right back out the shorts, and not cause chafing. Any sort of tighter clothing like briefs or speedos act like a "filter" trapping the sand and stilt, but letting the water flow out. The result is a pouch full of sand, that then starts rubbing your skin raw! OUCH! Ask me how I know!

I've always worn Birdwell shorts since the late 80's and worn them without anything underneath them. They have a velcro fly, but it's got fabric covering both sides...they really make them knowing guys freeball in them! I can't imagine wearing boxers under board shorts! Board shorts don't soak up much water, and dry quicky...cotton boxers soak up water like a sponge and take forever to dry...more chafing!

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I think board shorts are lame, if you mean the kind that hang down to your knees. SO uncomfortable to have wet material slap the back of your thighs and knees. I admit I hadn't considered that the reason they're long is to protect surfers' legs when paddling.
As for under swim suits, the boxer craze got so out of hand in the 90's that guy would wear boxers under their board shorts. Totally lame. What was the fuckin' point?
I often wore a jockstrap under my regular swim trunks cuz I liked how it made my cock and balls feel and i liked the bulge it made. but then, I'm a total jock-a-holic.