Boners?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I've not had a hardon make me light-headed, but some orgasms have. I'm glad I didn't pass out - the ex would have insisted that I'd fallen asleep in the saddle and I'd have been sleeping on the sofa for weeks.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by mindseye+Jun 11 2004, 09:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mindseye @ Jun 11 2004, 09:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DoubleMeatWhopper@Jun 11 2004, 11:11 AM

He needs to take a course in biology. It doesn&#39;t work that way.
Heh. They never covered this in any biology class I ever took&#33; [/b][/quote]
Yeah, but the opening and closing of sphincters around veins WAS covered, maybe not erection itself. Oh, maybe in sociobiology.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by FootLongTeen@Jun 11 2004, 06:53 PM
I think the proper course would&#39;ve been sexology.. not biology :lol:
Nope. It was definitely Biology 205. In the study of anatomy, the cardiovascular system is discussed in detail. The heart does not re-route blood to the penis at the expense of depriving the vital organs of their necessary blood supply.(Dantesco could describe it in better terms than I; it&#39;s in the field of his college major.) But think of this: when you get aroused and are approaching climax, have you ever felt your face getting warm? Have you ever looked in a mirror near the point of orgasm and noticed your face growing red? Have you ever experienced a toe-curling, monster spooge-shot so powerful that there was a ringing in your ears? Those are not symptoms of blood loss; they are indications of a glut of blood rushing to your head, courtesy of your heart pumping faster than usual, making sure all of your body parts receive the freshly aerated blood that the body needs during strenuous exercise. If it&#39;s done right, sex can be very strenuous exercise. (Any idea how many calories you burn while fucking? Plenty&#33;) The body only produces so much blood, however. That&#39;s why the really huge schlongs tend not to get so hard. The heart will send blood to the organs more involved in keeping someone healthy and conscious before it sends valuable blood to erectile tissue in the genitals. And that is from my biology class in my sophomore year of college.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by bilbobagginsx@Jun 11 2004, 09:10 PM
I&#39;ve not had a hardon make me light-headed, but some orgasms have.
That was covered as well. After the orgasm, the heart knows that its furious activity is no longer necessary. The sudden change from the onslaught of fresh blood to a more normal flow feels like a loss of blood to the brain. It&#39;s not, of course; it&#39;s just slower than the recent flooding of blood. The brain gets the message that it needs to relax, so the body often gets drowsy. You&#39;ll feel light-headed in contrast to what was just happening. Add to that the endorphin high that accompanies orgasm, and you can definitely experience a euphoric light-headedness.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, sexology is largely a division of psychology.

Of course the heart pumps blood to vital organs first. It&#39;s possible to penetrate and even ejaculate while flaccid -- more difficult but possible -- so natural selection doesn&#39;t place as much emphasis on sexual potency as it does on keeping the brain working. There are, of course, species where the males die during mating, but they typically have hundreds, even thousands, of offspring.