Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
A guy I work with was talking with a group of us the other day about how he was trying out switching from boxers to boxer briefs (YAY!!) and he had gotten some from American Eagle that had no fly on them, just the pouch. He was confused by this because I guess he's been stuck in the world of boxers for so long he couldn't comprehend not having a "pee hole," as he so eloquently put it.
We tried explaining to him the difference, and advantages of the increasingly common pouch front styles, but I'm not sure we got through to him.

So my question to you is, which do you prefer, and how would you handle a similar situation? Personally, I prefer the pouch styles because I find them more comfortable and I never really use the fly if available anyway.

sixlittleboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have worn both. I prefer the pouch I have had a few buttonhole stretched out and didn't really stay buttoned or keep me in. I go commando mostly now but when I do wear them it's usually the pouch.

jcxrm

Experimental Member
Media
Tried boxers when they first became fashionable and before they had yuppie associations. Didn't stay with them for long, my bits kept getting strangled, especially as I was in a large military camp and cycled everywhere. Soon went back to briefs, over the top sort. I discovered boxer briefs, and switch between them and briefs now.
My present (winter) favourite underpants are Pringle button front trunks. A good snug fit, close fitting legs half way down the thigh, and plenty room in front, upholding without crushing. I seldom use the button front, still unbuckle, unfasten and over the top, except when I am wearing a heavily laden utility belt and I can't get into a private cubicle - the weight of the belt pulls your trousers down if you unfasten!

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Commando or boxer-briefs here. I think there was a survey here that indicated the majority of men here, including myself, don't use the fly anyway but use the over-the-top move. So yes, go for your personal comfort.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A guy I work with was talking with a group of us the other day about how he was trying out switching from boxers to boxer briefs (YAY!!) and he had gotten some from American Eagle that had no fly on them, just the pouch. He was confused by this because I guess he's been stuck in the world of boxers for so long he couldn't comprehend not having a "pee hole," as he so eloquently put it.
We tried explaining to him the difference, and advantages of the increasingly common pouch front styles, but I'm not sure we got through to him.

So my question to you is, which do you prefer, and how would you handle a similar situation? Personally, I prefer the pouch styles because I find them more comfortable and I never really use the fly if available anyway.

I wear Jockey Boxer Briefs with the Kangaroo Pouch. The fly is horizontal, so all you have to do is pull down in order to relieve yourself (or gain access). The "Y" fly in classic briefs was always annoying with the pull over and through motion--seems they were made to make sure you never poked out of the front. Jockey has realized this and makes a regular brief with the pouch front as well.

Pic: http://www.lpsg.org/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/174599/cat/500/ppuser/830

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wear Jockey Boxer Briefs with the Kangaroo Pouch. The fly is horizontal, so all you have to do is pull down in order to relieve yourself (or gain access). The "Y" fly in classic briefs was always annoying with the pull over and through motion--seems they were made to make sure you never poked out of the front. Jockey has realized this and makes a regular brief with the pouch front as well.

Pic: http://www.lpsg.org/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/174599/cat/500/ppuser/830

Pouch front for me, the fly front never works when I have to bend and snake my dick to get it free. Side note: that picture of lex made me do a little bit of a sex wee.

jcxrm

Experimental Member
Media
i found some boxers WITH a pouch. Best of both world. Support so you dont sit on your boys and room to relax.
I lived in France some years ago and there was a brand of boxers that has a mesh inside the front to keep your bits from falling down the leg, but you could still use the fly.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I always understood the fly front was a sartorial method to allow stretch room for erections. I don't know anyone who prefers struggling with getting his penis thru the fly, rather than simply pulling down the waistband and peeing that way: "over the fence" rather than "thru the gate," as they say on Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

malinariboy8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

BOXERS,BOXERS,BOXERS!!! Calvin Klien or Gap! Not fond of the bunched up deal. Like to hang free. I'm skinny and where loose fitting trousers, let the "Cobb" flop around. Turns me on sorta...all day!:tongue: hehehe!!!

2xistTrunks

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
i always use trunks... they dont have a pee hole... besides i neve use it..

I'm the same way. I almost exclusively wear trunks, which almost never have a fly front. I feel like the pouch just gives better support than ones without. Plus they just look better!

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Try the Jockey Brief or the Jockey Boxer Brief with the horizontal fly. Just reach in for a quick withdrawal. Great support, too. Both styles surely beat a no-fly brief!