BROmance

_longjohnd_

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was curious to know if anyone else shares a real close relationship with a friend, to the point its like a real blood brother? Me and my friend are inseparable but we are both heterosexual. We tell eachother we love eachother and we hug instead of handshake. I find myself missing him sometimes. Because we love eachother so much it makes me feel weird like im in a relationship. By the way we never done anything sexual or close to it. Ive caught him masturbating a couple times lol Does anyone else have similar friendships?

secondbest69

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i'm bi but i have a friendship with a friend like that and there is NO way i mean NO way is sexual feelings there on mine or his side.. he is stra8 but we hang out all the time tell each other things we have never shared with anyone b4. i think men or women can have someone in there life they couldn't live with out that is more then a friend or family but never the thought of sex are anything like that ..in a weird way they feel like a part of you

andreaaa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been there once too.
In my opinion, neither you nor him need a romane relationship that's why you are practicly making a couple now.
Do you have in mind the teenager's "friendships" such as two girls (guys) spending all the times together, doing everything together, etc? Well that's your example too. For me these are all couples (sex is not necessary to make a couple! sex is just sex; a relationship means confidence, trust, time together, etc); for me you two are in a relationship without knowing it..

Reactions: Cod123

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've had bromances several times in the past, but I always ended up falling in love with the guy. That never seems to work out well in the end. I've gained enough experience that I really back off the relationship now if i feel any of those feelings developing. That might sound sad, but it is truthfully the only way to preserve the friendship if you really care about the guy. To longjohnd: If you both are telling each other "I love you", I'm pretty sure you crossed that line a long time ago and are probably in denial about some things. Once you are in that deep there is no going back. I'm curious to know how long you have been close with this guy. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me.

onewatcher

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's a beautiful thing when two people are close enough to let each other know they love them. We all need that special someone that we can share our most intimate thoughts with.

moutwatern

Experimental Member
Media
There's no reason men can't have male friendships that have meaning and love for each other. Apert from social programing, friendships are natural and needed. The term bromance is simply that social fear, creating an accepatbility for something that is fine to begin with.

Reactions: 933295

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Had a relationship like the OP describes once. We both enjoyed each other's company, were very close, and double dated several times. I was sure we were going to be very close friends for the remainder of our adult life. However, while I was away at college, he decided to hit on my girlfriend, and basically tried to date her behind my back, which I thought crossed the line.

My then-girlfriend and I got married. He and I haven't been in contact for years now, but it was a very rough "break-up" of our friendship. I've actually looked for him on Facebook and Google several times over the years, but had no luck.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you look up bromance in the urban dictionary you would find a picture of my husband and his "best mate" Ian. They have been together since college and have been playing in and out of the same bands every since. Ian visits the house about three or four times a week even though they see each other in the studio during the day. He is definitely like a brother to me and even closer to Cap, my husband.

They have had experiences together that I can only imagine. I have no idea if any were sexual toward each other, but I know as band members they certainly saw a different scene than me, especially after gigs.

There is no question that one of them would lay down his life for the other. No question. I love that they have that thing together.

But I will say this: Ian is nuts. Completely batty.

Reactions: xmarksbreakdownx

_longjohnd_

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've had bromances several times in the past, but I always ended up falling in love with the guy. That never seems to work out well in the end. I've gained enough experience that I really back off the relationship now if i feel any of those feelings developing. That might sound sad, but it is truthfully the only way to preserve the friendship if you really care about the guy. To longjohnd: If you both are telling each other "I love you", I'm pretty sure you crossed that line a long time ago and are probably in denial about some things. Once you are in that deep there is no going back. I'm curious to know how long you have been close with this guy. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me.

I have no reason to be in denial about during sexual things with someone. Ive known him since grade school but we've been close for 3.5 years now. We are not sexually attracted to eachother. Never got a boner from wrestling with him or even the times when we shared the same bed. We are just two genuine heterosexual men that have a close bond, like brothers.

D_Bela Boxwidener

Experimental Member
Media
Didn't have any brothers, so have a close friend who might as well have been my brother.I don't think there is anything I wouldn't tell him. Kind of a kindred spirit thing goin on. sexually he loves the women and they love him. I understand it but would never jeopardize the relationship we have. I can get sex elsewhere,but friendship is sometimes hard to find..

SeeDickRun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've had such a relationship for 20 years now. He's 25 years younger than I am, but we're emotionally inseparable. Although for the past 2 years we've lived 1000 miles from each other, (the first time in 18 years we haven't lived together), we're still extremely close, and enjoy our daily conversations where we share it all with each other. We see each other once a month or so, and can't stop saying to each other that we're so glad for the visit. We even hug and kiss each other at the airport, for all to see! No big deal! And, we've never been sexual with each other. It was just a "click" that we had for each other when we first met.

Reactions: yuyuharber

motoramic

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think it takes more than just a strong bonding relationship for a guy to have similar experience with the same sex when comparing with the female counterpart. I can't do that with my best friend. I think my friend and I would need to show more of our feminine side in order to have a bromance. Females can go to the restroom together, show their vulnerability, show physical affections even though there are nothing sexual about it. They are wired like that. I think in some ways same-sex best friends among women have a broader friendship experience than two same-sex best friends among men unless it's a BROmance. I could go deep with a same-sex friendship but I don't think I would want to go far like a bromance.

Last edited:
D

deleted3782

I've had lots of straight guy friends in which I've been their primary confidant and the only one who they could tell their fears, secrets, and interests without judgment. If they were fighting with their girlf or wife, I was there. If they were worried about work, I was there. If they had concerns about their kids, I was there. I take that role very easily...but several times - for me - deeper feelings have developed, and for me - it gets to be an unhealthy relationship in that I want more than they can give back. I'm much more careful now in my greatly advanced age, and I stuff my feelings deeper into my shell now. But that's just me and how I operate (or can't operate). If i didn't have an ability to develop deeper feelings for guys, I'd probably be a great candidate for bromances.

D_Coupeland Clydesdale

Experimental Member
Media
I don't mean this in a macho or flippant way, but I really don't like men very much. I had "best friends" when I was very young, but for the past, oh, thirty years or so, I've dealt with men as workmates, relatives, customers, bosses, whatever...but women are the only gender that interest me relationship-wise. I'll admit to some degree of cock lust...why else would I be here (other than my narcissistic love of my own cock)...but what's always kept me from having a suck or j/o buddy is the relationship thing. Men don't disgust me...they just sort of bore me.

Pump7070

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have a high school friend who played sports such as football, basketball, track, you name it with me who come back into my life. He was and is a very handsome versatile athlete. During high school we got along great but never spent alot of time socially outside of school. About 20 years ago he came back into my life looking to do business with the company I worked for back then. It so happened I was the decison maker with regards to his product. After our initial meeting we agreed to have dinner and catch up. Since then, he and I talk almost every day even though we are 4 hours apart. We found out our fathers are very similar in the way they raised/disciplined us. There is nothing he or I cannot talk about with one another. I am blessed with a great family and friends but this special friend is a huge part of my life. His kids call me Uncle and my kids call him Uncle also.

Life is too short. Embrass the good in people and love as much as you can.

ninfan2005

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You can love a man and it not be gay. sounds like a great friendship. all my friendships have blew up in my face. So if you have a strong one just run with it. Don't let these bitter men tell you any different. Saying I love you to buddy you really care about is not crossing a line at all. giving him head on the side for years is. having sex is . So good luck with everything.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media

:confused::confused::confused: Don't agree ^ you can have same sex close relationships and M/F close relationships without being 'In denial'

I have no reason to be in denial about during sexual things with someone. Ive known him since grade school but we've been close for 3.5 years now. We are not sexually attracted to eachother. Never got a boner from wrestling with him or even the times when we shared the same bed. We are just two genuine heterosexual men that have a close bond, like brothers.

Exactly ^

You can love a man and it not be gay. sounds like a great friendship. all my friendships have blew up in my face. So if you have a strong one just run with it. Don't let these bitter men tell you any different. Saying I love you to buddy you really care about is not crossing a line at all. giving him head on the side for years is. having sex is . So good luck with everything.

Exactly ^, Good Post ninfan.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Oh, absolutely! There's nothing like a bromance, dude! Personally, I'd prefer that the next guy I date would be someone that I'd have bromance with first. There's nothing like it. There's a sense of love and respect that I feel just can't be touched. It's reassuring because you know that this person is always in your corner, and in a way, it gives you a sense of security. Bromances are real, that's for sure!

bigsby112

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it is a great thing. We should all be so lucky to bond with a friend(of any sex) in our life times.