Bush: "Radicals seek to intimidate world"

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I missed that one, DrZ, but I had intended to start a thread about a similar subject. Pretty bold for him to read a speech in that vein, as his administration would appear to think the best way to ensure obedience at home is through promulgation of fear, and the best way to ensure world submission is through intimidation.

I know I will catch a lot of flak for saying this, but IMO, bush and his cronies are domestic terrorists - controlling the populace through fear.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
DC you are out of line. Such inflamatory language does nothing to help us safeguard our families and loved ones now.

Bush haters run the very real risk of being distracted from the real danger, as if you think that the whole thing will come to an end when W's term is over.

People, we'll still be fighting the radicals in Islam two, four ore even eight presidents from now.

It would be a shame for you to be called upon to help in the fight of terrorism only to respond that you can't because your too busy hating the president.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Pecker@Oct 6 2005, 07:19 PM
DC you are out of line.
no he isn't; i've been saying it for years. governments are just terrorist outfits with a lot of money. "do as we say or we'll throw you in jail and/or kill you" - if that ain't terrorism, i'd love to know what is.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And our complete destabilization of the Middle East, focusing the hundreds of diverse groups (who have always hated America) will protect the U.S. exactly how? We have succeeded by providing them with a common goal, turning them into a large single group now more unified and focused on killing all of us.

"Fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here"....is bullshit. We traded Osama for oil...and he was the guy who did attack us on 9/11. We've ignored him and let him go.

This is not about "hating the President" (which I do) but more about hating and being terrified at what we have done.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Bullshit.

Same old crap. Democrats have lost the last few elections because of it. You haven't learned a thing, have you?

I'd be willing to bet my last dollar (and I'm not far from it, being on SSA) that few Democrats will be able to spell out a positive message of hope, party-building and national support without the usual histrionics about evil oil, Halliburton, W., Cheney, Rove, etc., etc., etc.

Go ahead. Try it. I'll bet you can't do it.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Pecker@Oct 6 2005, 05:17 PM
Bullshit.

Same old crap. Democrats have lost the last few elections because of it. You haven't learned a thing, have you?

I'd be willing to bet my last dollar (and I'm not far from it, being on SSA) that few Democrats will be able to spell out a positive message of hope, party-building and national support without the usual histrionics about evil oil, Halliburton, W., Cheney, Rove, etc., etc., etc.

Go ahead. Try it. I'll bet you can't do it.
[post=349458]Quoted post[/post]​
Pecker, I may be out of line, but you are out of touch. How dare you make assumptions about my party affiliations (I have none), or about my loyalty or patriotism. Where the fuck were you when I was doing my tour of duty in the goddamned USMC? Get your confused little head out of the sand.

I do not hate bush, for the record. I just simply think his goals and tactics are dangerous and deplorable.

Of course there will always be radicals who hate the USA - and if our citizens don't do something to correct it, it will only get worse. Our stupid fucking politicians don't have a clue how to make that happen, and george doesn't really care, as long as he can stay safe at home while feeding his inane war machine.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When Dems question or disparge GWB, they're being hateful, or unpatriotic, or they're sore losers without a vision of their own. Opposition to GWB is the same as helping terrorism.

When Repubs questioned or disparaged Bill Clinton, well, that was loyal, principled opposition against Slick Willie. After all, impeaching a president for perjury related to a blow job is a serious matter.

SG

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Two responses so far. Still the S. O. S.

---

DC, God bless you, I'd never disparage the service of an American soldier or sailor: my eldest son and a son-in-law are both Marines. But I'd just as quickly tell them that calling the Commander in Chief a terrorist is wrong, wrong, wrong.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Pecker@Oct 6 2005, 05:50 PM
Two responses so far.  Still the S. O. S.
...calling the Commander in Chief a terrorist is wrong, wrong, wrong.
[post=349497]Quoted post[/post]​

Would referring to President Bush as treasonous, who also commited crimes against humanity work for you?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by KinkGuy+Oct 6 2005, 08:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; Oct 6 2005, 08:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pecker@Oct 6 2005, 05:50 PM
...calling the Commander in Chief a terrorist is wrong, wrong, wrong.
[post=349497]Quoted post[/post]​

Would referring to President Bush as treasonous, who also commited crimes against humanity work for you?
[post=349503]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Sure, if it was coming from of Hugo Chavez.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker@Oct 6 2005, 11:50 PM
Two responses so far. Still the S. O. S.

Applies to you, too. Sorry, but I don&#39;t take seriously any self righteous lectures about hate, morals or inflamatory language from hot-under-the-collar Repubs.

SG

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by SpeedoGuy+Oct 6 2005, 08:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SpeedoGuy &#064; Oct 6 2005, 08:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pecker@Oct 6 2005, 11:50 PM

Applies to you, too. Sorry, but I don&#39;t take seriously any self righteous lectures about hate, morals or inflamatory language from hot-under-the-collar Repubs.

SG
[post=349512]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Speedo, how is it self righteous to be asking for something positive to discuss? That would be like a parent calling a teacher closeminded because she&#39;d rather teach math to her class than to hear them continually spouting off about Pythagoras being a Communist.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker@Oct 7 2005, 01:07 AM
Speedo, how is it self righteous to be asking for something positive to discuss?
[post=349516]Quoted post[/post]​

Pecker:

I hear what you&#39;re saying.

In my opinion, its less what you ask than how I perceive you to be asking it.

When I hear you or other debate opponents using terms like:

"...bullshit..."
"...same old crap..."
"...Same Old Shit..."
"...spouting off..."
"...haven&#39;t learned a thing..."

I feel tempted to respond in kind, none of which leads to constructive threads. I&#39;m just as guilty of this as anyone so I&#39;m not trying to say I&#39;m above all that. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

SG

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Pecker@Oct 6 2005, 01:17 PM
Bullshit.

Same old crap. Democrats have lost the last few elections because of it. You haven&#39;t learned a thing, have you?

I&#39;d be willing to bet my last dollar (and I&#39;m not far from it, being on SSA) that few Democrats will be able to spell out a positive message of hope, party-building and national support without the usual histrionics about evil oil, Halliburton, W., Cheney, Rove, etc., etc., etc.

Go ahead. Try it. I&#39;ll bet you can&#39;t do it.
Except that Bush doesn&#39;t offer a message of hope. Instead he offers a message of "I am the Second Coming."

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Regardless of whichever political party is currently running America, I would like the following to happen, in some such particular order:
  • bring the troops home
  • provide some sort of medical and psychological coverage as well as alternative job training to ensure troops return to as "normal" a pre-war lifestyle as possible
  • divert funding from national defense and terrorism to domestic concerns of considerable standing
  • replenish environmental, emergency protection, job training, social support, and education bank rolls
  • lessen the prioritization of "faith-based initiatives," especially if "faith-based" is synonymous with fear tactics, incorrect information, or value-biased agenda
  • make a true example of corrupt politicians
  • your buddies should stay your buddies, not your political lackeys
  • replenish Social Security
  • increase the minimum wage
  • stay the hell out of Iraq for a while
  • common sense in politics
While we&#39;re at it, we really need to apologize for threatening some significant partnerships with other world powers. Really, America ain&#39;t the only one occupying the planet. Once we decide who we can play nice with, can&#39;t we just cultivate those relationships?

By the way, leave the moral fire and brimstone at home. As a philosophy student, I&#39;m appalled when people try to spin rhetoric and insight ignorance and fear as a means of asserting one&#39;s right over another. That&#39;s the kind of thing that brings heads-in-sand to mind.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*Disclaimer...this is my opinion mixed with facts, so leave me alone :) *

Im not intending to piss anybody off, just broadcasting my feelings.

I think that the Whole Bush N Friends are just a bunch of Corporate Money Hungry bastards, that have set out to tear this nation apart by slowly sending the middle class into a downward spiral to poverty.

His Father did it by Bankrupting the banks, and now He&#39;s doing a good job on the small business man, and corrupting large businesses that aren&#39;t a part of his Regime.

Bush Protects the Lawyers and Doctors by making Medical Malpractice simply an error that they have to hold no responsability.
Proof - My Deceased Father and the Lousy doctors which are protected by Bush&#39;s laws. He didn&#39;t deserve to die, and he also didnt deserve the poor treatment by the shitty doctors that were supposedly experts.
Bush protects them. Thats Fact.

He sends troops over to Iraq for the Quest to conquer Oil.
There was NO war on Terrorism. It was simply a Gimmick to try to get more control of oil, and claim large expenses on the "War".
Meanwhile, his Greedy followers send our young men and women over to die. They had Limited to no supplies to fight this war - thats fact.
It was a suicide mission. So many good young lives completely wasted for his greed.

Why? To destract the American public while he rakes the US banks, social security and retirement funds for as much as he can get.

Pecker, I sincerely hope you can get your Social Security, as the rest of us young people will not have that opportunity. His clan will work on it until it is gone, and in their pockets.

The Gas prices
We conveniently paid higher gas prices at the pump, but nothing was done to resolve gas gouging. It was simply ignored, other than excuses "Well we have no oil supplies"
Conveniently that the US is going into October, and the winter months...Natural gas and other heating fuels are on the rise.

"For The People, By the People"
Not exactly true for Bush.... He was on vacation when hurricane Katrina hit, and didn&#39;t offer any solid resolution until the residents turned up the heat.
A large Hurricane is heading for the coast.... NOAA sent signals, but Bush Ignored.
The Government Ignored. Only local authorities were concerned.
Thats really sad, that a President - one that is supposed to represent the people Can&#39;t even see past his own greed to send out a warning, and get things prepared.
At a minimum, a Phone call could have been made.
But Bush Chose to ignore.
And can they account for the "Millions that were spent"?
Of Course not, because its already deposited in a different account.

Im sorry, but I cannot, nor will not support him in any of my conversations, because he has affected my life, my family, and my home.

I pray for a President that will support the People and turn this country around.
But I know that by the time Bush is out of office..there will be Irreversible Damages.

Get ready for The Great Depression II
God help us all.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker@Oct 6 2005, 09:17 PM
Bullshit.

Same old crap. Democrats have lost the last few elections because of it. You haven&#39;t learned a thing, have you?

I&#39;d be willing to bet my last dollar (and I&#39;m not far from it, being on SSA) that few Democrats will be able to spell out a positive message of hope, party-building and national support without the usual histrionics about evil oil, Halliburton, W., Cheney, Rove, etc., etc., etc.

Go ahead. Try it. I&#39;ll bet you can&#39;t do it.

Pecker, this is utter nonsense&#33; I respect you as a person, but this is utterly inconceivable to me. Either you are denying that the above mentioned grievances are real, or you are asserting that we should just ignore them and "be nice". Are you fucking kidding me? How long should we have to endure the Land of the Free becomming the United States if Haliburton? Have you no shame? Do you honestly think the framers of the constitution could forsee a corporation so corrupt that it weedled millions of dollars out of the government without competiton only days after the most horrific natural disaster in our history? Do you think they would have supported the vice president as a "former" head of said corporation and current stockholder?

Because I like you I am trying to keep my cursing to a minimum, but I WILL NOT be calm and relaxed while we are in the midst of being publicly raped by our own government. I am very, very sorry that you feel that is a viable solution.

Here&#39;s a thought, bush doesn&#39;t give a RAT FUCK about your children. Their lives are easily expendable in a "war" with no agenda, no way of determining what would constitute success, no clear purpose for being initiated to begin with. I&#39;m sorry your children may die for no reason, I&#39;d think you&#39;d be angry about that, I don&#39;t get it.