Calling all straight acting dudes

heregoe

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hey guys, I wanna address the issue of straight-acting bros all around the world. Why do we continue to do it? It just adds to the misbelief that as dudes, of course we all would never, ever, be curious about other dudes ...
It's just fucking annoying, and strengthens the stigma revolving around same-sex desires.
If all of us currently "straight-acting, masc, bi curious dudes" who just like to "fool around with a bro" occasionally would just have the balls to be more open about that and get rid of the labels, it would really make life A LOT nicer and easier for all of us.
What do you think?

Reactions: Masontops

heregoe

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
What do I think?
I think your call to action resonates with some people. I'm not one of them. I've never had same sex desires. Why should I start now just to help someone else's problem with stigma?

Well, then technically you also do not fall under the category of "straight-acting", correct?

Reactions: hunghorse30

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Not sure I understand what it is you are asking, but if I've understood you correctly, the answer is kind of in the question. Why put on an act ? Be who you are and stop acting like something else.

Personally I don't even understand what "straight acting" is as I all other straight people I know are all different from each other. It's what makes us humans unique and interesting

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, then technically you also do not fall under the category of "straight-acting", correct?
If the question is for people who are "straight-acting" I.E. Men who are Not straight why are you asking this in ask a straight man ? No one here will fall under the category you're asking the question to.

Geoffrey2_0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
If the question is for people who are "straight-acting" I.E. Men who are Not straight why are you asking this in ask a straight man ? No one here will fall under the category you're asking the question to.
I think he thinks most of the guys 100% straight are "acting" straight--that you're not really 100%, you really hold secret desires that you don't want anyone to know--thus prolonging his own acceptance of who he is . . .lol

I am not a fan of people "gay" bashing; but I am also not a fan of "outing" people either.

What is meant by "straight acting" vice "gay acting"? If some guy wears pink am I to assume he is "gay"? If I wear my "pink" tie to work is it OK for him to "have a go" at me?

You should feel comfortable in your own skin and let other people worry about theirs unless they are coming on to you.

Life is hard enough figuring yourself out, to each his own. Live and let live unless it impacts you directly.