chinese circumcision

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Since the Chinese government is finding large numbers of AIDS/HIV boys and men are seeking circumcision in various parts of the country. The upper classes often have their male infants circumcised. Chinese like most Orientals in the USA generally have their infants circumcised as well as boys, adolescents, adults who ask for it. The rate is very high as it is in African-Americans as they approoach the 85-95% Caucasian rate. Hispanic culture continues a low percentage, 50% or less.

Virtually every "fact" in this guy's posts are wrong, his percentages, his sociological data, everything. Where are your sources for the practices of upper class Chinese? Which provinces? Your sources about Chinese-Americans? about African Americans? Even your percentages for Caucasians in the last decade are high! This all comes from your imagination.

circpenis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been living in China for over 5 years, dating and going to the gym. It's extremely rare to find a cut Chinese man.

Chinese Americans, on the other hand, I don't know about.

B_circin867

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
From the Science Times of The New York Times, Sunday 01/31/2012 on the front page of this part of the newspaper: "AIDS Prevention Inspires Ways To Make Circumcisions Easier." One group is from the Chinese who have developed the Shang Ring for removing the foreskin. They inject anesthetics directly into the penis and groin to prevent pain. They also create a sterile surgical field. Then the minor surgery. They are up to date. Things are changing in Asia.

Last edited:

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From the Science Times of The New York Times, Sunday 01/31/2012 on the front page of this part of the newspaper: "AIDS Prevention Inspires Ways To Make Circumcisions Easier." One group is from the Chinese who have developed the Shang Ring for removing the foreskin. They inject anesthetics directly into the penis and groin to prevent pain. They also create a sterile surgical field. Then the minor surgery. They are up to date. Things are changing in Asia.

The Chinese producing medical goods for profit doesn't indicate that they're using them en masse. You are, as always, absurd.

B_circin867

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You are absurd and afraid to be circumcised. As I remember from a previous contact, your father was circumcised (?).

If Native Americans and Latinos generally don't have their male children circumcised, I can understand that since it is part of your culture. But that does not mean that the rest of us need to follow your culture. I for one follow a medical system based on science. If the Chinese are beginning to practice medical circumcision, then they have their reasons. I respect that.

Reactions: Hairylegs
S

SirConcis

China may have a low circumcision rate, but because of their population, the number of circumcised males probably exceeds the total population of the USA :)

Remember that normally 5 to 10% of males have foreskin problems.

We know that South Korea adopted circumcision after the US military presence there. Does anyone know if the same happened in Vietnam ?

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are absurd and afraid to be circumcised. As I remember from a previous contact, your father was circumcised (?).

I'm not afraid to be circumcised. I don't want to be circumcised. Why? Because I think it's very unlikely that I would enjoy (relatively) being circumcised.

What does my father being circumcised have to do with this?

If Native Americans and Latinos generally don't have their male children circumcised, I can understand that since it is part of your culture. But that does not mean that the rest of us need to follow your culture. I for one follow a medical system based on science. If the Chinese are beginning to practice medical circumcision, then they have their reasons. I respect that.

You think my objection is because I'm Native American? Oh come on.

Dude, I'm from the suburbs. My hometown is 90% white. My parents have post-graduate degrees. I am (hopefully) bound for medical school, with the intent to go into pediatrics. I have read peer-reviewed studies on this subject, and even did a cost-benefit analysis of my own (as a meta-study) to approximate the efficacy of circumcision. I staked my position based on empirical observation. You, by contrast, seem to cite frequently from the Journal of Masturbatory Fabrications. I do not subscribe to that journal.

Oh, and for the record, my ancestry is also Jewish. So even if your argument weren't absurdly condescending (and weirdly racialized), it also blows up in its own face.

Reactions: Dave NoCal

Once again I have read a thread that makes me actually feel like I lost some grey matter in the process.

I may have to start my own thread about penguins and circumcision practices in the Antarctic.

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
On page 1 B_circin867 said that 85-95% of Caucasians were circumcised. I'm 7 years late, but want to make sure that no one believes that bullshit. Caucasians in the USA are about 50/50 circumcised or not. In Europe its closer to 80% that are not circumcised, I'm sure someone can get a closer estimate.

There are a lot of Asian men at my gym, I don't know specifically if they are Chinese but I assume most of them are. Of those men, it seems that most are circumcised, but not an overwhelming majority.