Cold weather running??

pussnboots

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thermal tights with windproof front panels, Brooks Runderwear, Wool Injinjis, Trail gaiters, Running shoes (in the case of ice either screw shoes or ice cleats are in order).

I run all winter in MA and used to use layers but go too hot once I got going. The windproof stuff is great, and the Trial Gaiters, awesome. If they clear the roads your only worry is the cold in the lungs, but if you use a scarf or buy some of the cool neck gear out there, it works just as well. And yeah, bring along some Kleenex because your nose will run.

have fun! Nothing beats outdoor running. Enjoy!

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
So I really want to get back in shape for the new year, and I want to start running again but I live in Buffalo, Ny now, and the weather is cold, windy, and there is lots of snow..So what would be the best running gear for me?? I dont wanna be cold, but I dont wanna feel heavy, or confined..Any help is great..thanks.

Hey Pokey,

I was going to put in my 2 cents and I see that the Great Gonzo beat me to it. If you are going to run outdoors be sure to avoid fabrics that absorb and hold moisture. You want to wear something that wicks the moisture away. Sports Authority or Academy Sports have all sorts of running gear for any type of weather.

May I also suggest that you try to find an indoor track. I do this or run on a treadmill. This, for me, is preferable because I do not have to put on all sorts of clothing to run; a tanktop, shorts and running shoes are all I need.

I was raised in New Orleans, and I lived there until quite recently. I like running in the heat, but I am uncomfortable when the temps drop below 70.

Good luck and stay warm