Confessing homosexuality to priest

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would think a priest would ask if you had forsaken homosexual acts. If you don't think homosexual acts are wrong (a "sin" to be avoided), why would you confess?

Heat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Has anyone ever done this? I would be interested to know how the priest reacted, what he has you do etc.
I'm never go to church, but its an interesting thing.

Fast and easy way to get a date ... or at least a blowjob.

Archer1534

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Grew up Catholic: grade school, high school, altar boy, etc.
Confession is great. I've talked about relationships with priests while in confession.
While I talk with them, I haven't gotten the condemnation. Clearly, I didn't think being gay was a sin. He didn't turn his nose up at me.
I got help. I was in a bad situation, and the priest extended to me the help and grace that I needed at that time.

Has anyone ever done this? I would be interested to know how the priest reacted, what he has you do etc.
I'm never go to church, but its an interesting thing.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
A few years after I left the church it was reported that one of priests in our parish had been asking boys in the confessional if and how they masturbated. In detail. He was not asking girls the same. He was discovered and defrocked.

Reactions: submit452 and Heat

I grew up Christian and thought it was the worst sin in the world.
To be gay. I told my pastor and he never said anything negative. I asked him what he thought and he admitted he thought it was a sin, but that all people are sinners. I didn't mind the answer and I brought it up so no offense taken. I kept silent for about a year longer and clearly don't feel any guilt now.

Reactions: alguy

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I know someone who, as an altar boy, asked his priest if it was a sin to be gay... the priest had a hard time answering clearly because he was fucking the boy in the ass at the time.

Reactions: hypolimnas
W

wavejock

he would probably be jerking off listening to you and trying to brainwash you to eventually suck his dick. Opps did I say that out loud?

averageguyshaved

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
No I've never done that.

It would seem like a complete waste of time.

And his response would be of no interest whatsoever.

Why are you troubling yourself with such nonsense?
just because it isn't interesting to you, doesn't mean it wouldn't be interesting to someone else... this is a topic I've never really heard discussed ever so i thought it would be interesting to hear peoples experiences.

Reactions: travis1985

bravesoldier

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Answers will vary greatly as you see. I don't know what exactly you're looking for, but no matter what the outcome could be as a result of confession to a priest, you WON'T the first he's talked to about being homosexual. Never doubt this- far more people you encounter every day are walking around bi and gay. Family, friends, co-workers and a host of others. Even married people living as straight. Just saying..

Reactions: hypolimnas

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Not being Catholic I've never thought about this but its an interesting question and could help people in that situation.
The OP was asking a serious question. With all kidding aside I am that Catholic and that gay male that felt the guilt for my sexuality . Sometime back I spoke to a priest about it . He said it was possible to have a relationship with a man but without sexual intimacy . Oh well so much for helping me out . Realizing over time that my believes were something I was taught while growing up and is not what I have come to believe as an adult today . God is love and he loves me the way I am .

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been to confession once, can't remember what it was like.

My parents basically told me I had to stay in until I got confirmed, so I did that, but as soon as I got confirmed I was way the fuck out of there and never looked back :p

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A person wouldn't confess "homosexuality" as such unless they were unclear on the Church's teaching on the subject. Simply being homosexual is not a sin in and of itself. Homosexual acts are, though, and so it would then be an important fact to add when confessing certain sins because it would alter the context. There is basically nothing a priest hasn't heard many times before in confession, and so it's unlikely that it will get much of a reaction from him. Most probably he will be pretty blasé about it. Penances assigned for any given confession can vary depending on the priest. Prayers are still the most common. A partial-day fast and an assignment of scriptural reading are the only two I can remember ever receiving other than prayer.

DaisyDoesIt

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's common knowledge that hundreds of thousands of children---mostly boys---have been molested by Catholic priests for hundreds of yrs.
It's still going on---latest 'Revelation' was Australia.

Pedophiles are lowest form of life in prisons---but are protected by Catholic Church. Now, what does that tell you about the sexuality of Cardinals, Bishops and Popes??

And I really shouldn't say 'sexuality'----sorry!---what does that tell you about the perversions and morality of Cardinals, Bishops and Popes?!

W

wavejock

.......and you say that on what basis in fact?
Hmmm what do I base that on...well the tons of reports of abuse that we know about..which means it probably happens more. I also base that on the fact that it is not natural body wise to deny yourself a sexual outlet so I see Catholic priests ( or any religious figure) where a part of their beliefs is to remain celibate is not only unnatural but probably them hiding a part of themselves. Just my take on it...but as I always say..the height of lunacy is to ask a person who cant marry and cant have sex advice on marriage and sex.