MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
any health food store. most grocery stores carry tea tree oil in the health and beauty section. check where the shampoos are and where the facial cleansers are. tea tree oil also happens to be a fairly popular acne treatment.

ML

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
:biggrin2:

Years ago I used to have a mild case of dandruff, but as a singer who wore tux a lot,
it was somewhat of an embarassing problem.

Per my dermatologist's orders, I started using H&S and washing my hair in "tepid
water"
and only "every other day" and it seemed to keep it under control.

But, then I started shaving my head every day....and voila!
I've never had it any more!!! :shrug:

Come to think of it, I don't ever remember noticing clean shaven heads that produced
dandruff. :scratchchin:

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is an American company called Neways. They do a whole range of products including shampoo. I had a chronic problem with Dandruff and tried many many propriatory brands as well as various prescription only treatments by my GP, over 20+ years with no improvement. That is until I started using the purely natural shampoo from Neways. One large bottle lasts me 12 months, Yes I did say 12 months washing my hair every other day. I have been using it for 5 years now and had no further problems.

Almost all propriatory brands have as its main ingredient "SODIUM LAURL SULPHATE" (English Spelling) which toxic. Read for yourself be prepared to be surprised possibly shocked.

Sodium lauryl sulfate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have nothing to loose everything to gain.

Keep us posted

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is an American company called Neways. They do a whole range of products including shampoo. I had a chronic problem with Dandruff and tried many many propriatory brands as well as various prescription only treatments by my GP, over 20+ years with no improvement. That is until I started using the purely natural shampoo from Neways. One large bottle lasts me 12 months, Yes I did say 12 months washing my hair every other day. I have been using it for 5 years now and had no further problems.

Almost all propriatory brands have as its main ingredient "SODIUM LAURL SULPHATE" (English Spelling) which toxic. Read for yourself be prepared to be surprised possibly shocked.

Sodium lauryl sulfate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have nothing to loose everything to gain.

Keep us posted

Sodium Laurl Sulphate is toxic? I think we'd all be dead by now considering it's in almost every single shampoo, toothpaste, soap and skin cleanser. I'm skeptical about that claim.

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had it really bad last month and I started to use "Sexy Healthy Hair" and my hair is so much softer and no more dandruff! YAY! Not saying it will work for you but it worked for me. I buy mine from Marshalls for like 15$ a bottle and 15$ for the conditioner. So yeah Not cheap but I figure it's worth it if it help's me out.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lots of shampoo advice here. I'll dare to be different. Why don't you try giving up shampoo for a while? Just wash your hair with warm water or in the shower. Your natural oil (sebum) will coat your hair and act like a conditioner, and your scalp won't be dried out by harsh detergents or irritated by chemicals.

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You may be sceptical as I was until I did my own research. You look at all the containers of all the products both you and I have listed. I think you will be shocked as I was.

Is it any wonder we have ill health considering all the advances in medicine, there is an increase in thyroid problems, diabeties, cancer, heart disease.

Have a look at this website produced by a guy called Phillip Day who has done indepth research and investigations. This guy really knows what he is talking about. As a retired health practitioner I am always sceptical until I have concrete proof.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Seborrhea can also cause eyelid problems. It will cause in inflamation of the inner lid. Nizoral seems to work well. If you keep your eyelids cleaned, and head washed at least every other day with Nizoral AD, it seems to bring it under control. Also, be sure to wash your comb every time you shampoo in some type of bacteria killer. It can be bleach in water, antibacterial soap in water or anything along that line. Otherwise, you can keep reinfecting yourself.
Peeps be careful about scratching your crotch and touching the top of your head. You can spread fungus to your scalp that way.