Dating exes.

Would you date an ex?

  • Sure why not. Everyone deserves a second chance.

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • No, they're my ex for a reason and they're going to stay that way.

    Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Maybe, depending on the circumstances of the breakup.

    Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Other.

    Votes: 1 2.8%

  • Total voters
    36
Exes are exes and you should keep them that way.

Usually you split up for powerful reasons related to the personality or character, and these won't change in time. So giving it another try is wasting time. Neither of you can change personality or character.

Life goes on and you should keep the past as past.
 
I'm sure this has probably been done at some point before, but if it has then it's been a while. I was wondering, though... how do you guys feel about dating exes?

An ex boyfriend of mine from 2.5 years ago is back into my life and he's been hounding me about going out with him on a date. I think the connection is still there, but for whatever reason I've been extremely trepidatious about going out with him. But last night I finally agreed to it, figured it couldn't hurt to go out for one date and see what happens...
I dated an ex once and it was a major waste of time. :mad: Not only that but when we split up the 2nd time it sent me into a spiraling depression from which it took me years to recover. :frown1:

The worst that can happen is that this date reminds you of why he is an ex in the first place. :tongue:
 
The thing about breaking up is that someone wants the other more than the other, like your ex "hounding" you. It depends on the circumstances that you split up, but generally, there is a reason you broke up and most of the time, that reason will still be there when you date again.

I dated someone after writing him off the year prior and it was a waste of time. But I have a fatalistic outlook on life, so take that advice for whatever it's wroth.