Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So I realize this is probably a weird place to post this, but I figured I'd attempt to draw on the vast knowledge of LPSG members. =p

I have an HP w2207 monitor that I just noticed a stuck pixel on. I've had the monitor since October with no problems before this. It's red/magenta... is there any way to fix this or do I pretty much just have to deal with it?

Thanks!

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Sometimes you can gently massage the pixel back into life (as long as it's not completely dead). No lie. It seemed to have worked on my acer notebook. Other than that nothing I know of besides replacing the LCD panel (not the monitor itself, just the panel).

Last edited:

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i actually bought a really nice monitor for very little money because it had a dead pixel. i don't even see the thing anymore.

there's nothing you can do about it, really. XGX actually said everything i could and then some.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
LCDs don't have a degaussing function... only CRTs, and only some of those do.

I hate dead pixels, but you really have no choice as XGX said. Got a brand new Samsung that had a dead on smack in the middle, but couldn't return it because it can have up to 8 and be considered fine. Bullshit, IMO. Vizio has a zero dead pixel guarantee on their LCD TVs, incidentally... :cool:

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
LCDs don't have a degaussing function... only CRTs, and only some of those do.

I hate dead pixels, but you really have no choice as XGX said. Got a brand new Samsung that had a dead on smack in the middle, but couldn't return it because it can have up to 8 and be considered fine. Bullshit, IMO. Vizio has a zero dead pixel guarantee on their LCD TVs, incidentally... :cool:

I did not know that... guess my next flat panel will be a visio ;)

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sounds like a dead pixel to me. Check the manufacturer DP warranty. Check the store's DP warranty. It may be covered. Doubtful, but possible.

Note to self... next time you buy a LCD (tv or monitor) check the DP warranty.

On a side note... is it possible to return it (seeing if you bought it recently) from where you bought it? Just say it didn't work? You may have to pay a re-shelfing fee, but better then being out the original cost.

Altitude

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sounds like a dead pixel to me. Check the manufacturer DP warranty. Check the store's DP warranty. It may be covered. Doubtful, but possible.

Note to self... next time you buy a LCD (tv or monitor) check the DP warranty.

On a side note... is it possible to return it (seeing if you bought it recently) from where you bought it? Just say it didn't work? You may have to pay a re-shelfing fee, but better then being out the original cost.

Afraid not, I bought it back in October on Amazon. I perused the HP site and didn't find any specifics on dead pixel policies, but it did imply that you would need several before they'd consider replacing the panel.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hopefully you'll get more while it's still under warranty. Maybe if you're lucky it'll crap out on you altogether. That way they'll replace it for you. Sorry for the negative thinking regarding your monitor, but in that case, defective and under warranty is better than living with imperfections.