Demonic Possession

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Please do post.
I have no idea what merits your words have, but if you believe you have evidence, I would very much like to examine it.

YouTube - Miracoli, Guarigioni, Lourdes e cicap a La vita in diretta parte I

This is the link. Unfortunately,it is in italian,but you can see this men's radiography before and after. He is one of the miracles that have been certified by the Church,too. He makes a little joke at the end because his bone has "grown back" one centimeter or something shorter than normal;but he says he won't complain for that! The medical situation is explained,too. He was about to die and could not walk anymore....and he was only 23. Now you can see this man who is about 70,still alive and with a bone that has grown back....and who can WALK! this is just an example and a bit off topic maybe,but there are things who do not have rational explanations and we cannot shut our eyes in front of these exceptional cases....believe it or not!;-)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
YouTube - Miracoli, Guarigioni, Lourdes e cicap a La vita in diretta parte I
This is the link. Unfortunately,it is in italian,but you can see this men's radiography before and after. He is one of the miracles that have been certified by the Church,too.... There are things which do not have rational explanations and we cannot shut our eyes in front of these exceptional cases....believe it or not!;-)

That's very interesting, Maxime.
I don't know what to make of it.
I am skeptical by nature, but have to leave a bit of room for things that I can't explain and can't dismiss.

Lets be honest, much of the beliefs surrounding demonic possessions and all such nonsense is rooted in thousands of years of religious brainwashing. Its the desire to believe in good versus evil. It simplifies things.

It's a complicated subject because, like religion generally, its impossible to disprove. Its a belief system that you either invest in or you don't.

There is still so so much we don't know about how our minds work. We have all had deja vu for instance; the sense we've been here before. Just so many weird tricks our minds can play on us. Then there are all the psychic abilities that we have still not tapped into. We use a very tiny percent of our brains. So believing, truly believing, that you are possessed by demons(or whatever) is very probably just another mindfuck.

But if you believe you are possessed then the ritual of exorcism could actually be a valid way of curing it. Simply by playing along with the fantasy. It's all mindgames at the end of the day. Mind over matter.

And if somebody is of religious thinking you're never gonna drag them away from that good versus evil mindset.
I wasn't sure about that bit either (Rubi); apparently, current thinking is that we use most of our brain, but not all of it at the same time.

I thought the rest of the post was excellent tho. :smile:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I wasn't sure about that bit either (Rubi); apparently, current thinking is that we use most of our brain, but not all of it at the same time.

I thought the rest of the post was excellent tho. :smile:

I agree, joll.
There used to a notion afloat that most people only use 10 percent of their brains, but current imaging capabilities shows that to be false.