Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I DO understand what you're saying about your best friend. I think it's one of the hardest experiences of life especially at a young age. There's something about deep friendship that seems to outlast romantic relationships at certain times in our lives. What I've found really helpful is at some point to talk with your best friend in a more quiet and relaxed situation. Express your feelings and see what happens. I know it's something that may seem extremely difficult, but it's the best way to know if you're both on the same page. Many times people hurt each other without even knowing they're doing it. All the best.

We've talked about this many times in the past week, he still assures me that something like this couldn't get rid of him, but it still feels weird for me. I was worried he's be the one acting like this but instead its me.. =/

AndyRodDick

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
First of all, like Red Dude said, none of our advice is a substitute for professional help. And I think you should try to get it ASAP.

You can discuss these concerns with a qualified professional, but no, I don't think that medication will change your personality. You might feel happier, or at least less bad, but that's a change in mood, not personality.

You may not even need meds. That's why it's helpful to have an evaluation.
When my doc told me I had to take antidepressants, I freaked out. I also was in a spiral down, feeling very confused and having raging thoughts. My main concern was that the meds would change my personality, turn me into a different person. I think it's a natural concern, but it won't happen. Luckily, I felt better in about two weeks. Then I realized that I wasn't thinking clearly before. I hope you don't have to take meds, and if you have to, talk to your doctor, ask all the questions you need to ask. That helps a lot to relieve some of the anxiety. And try not to make any important decisions until you feel your mind is clearer than now. Hang in there and good luck!

Last edited:

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
So Ive noticed over the past week or so everytime something good happens or I have a happy thought, its quickly followed by a negative thought which takes over all of my other thoughts and makes me sad. So I have made a appointment with the school psychologist friday @ 10... I'm so nervous.. I mean I'm nervous that I have depression or something but strangly even more nervous that nothing is wrong with me and that "i'm fine"

sleepiboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've tried counseling, and it helps, but it doesn't seem like it helps enough for me at least. For me, it provides an outlet to just...talk and let things out, but I seem to never get much back in terms of what I can do to better myself everyday by taking little steps. It's just weird because it feels like I can't find anything to be happy about, but then when I do, it never lasts for very long :frown1:

I don't want to say it's depression. Maybe it's just the way I am, I don't know...I just know it sucks...

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Good Idea to seek counseling, but do remember that at your age it's quite normal to question yourself, those around you and your environment. Don't be to hard on yourself as these are the times you most learn deeply about yourself too.
Take this quiet time to brush-up on or try your hand at expressing your creativeness in something that interests you. Or try something new.
Your family ties are set in stone, but your friends, especially those closest to your heart, will always be like the tides - sometimes away, sometimes near. This is a blessing as one day you will learn.
Smile and take note again of all the great things and people your life is the culmination of.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Remember, you are in charge of your own thoughts! You ultimately will have to decide which ones to go with, the positive or the negative. They are thoughts only, and your ego and selfhood will encounter all kinds of them, from dull to bizarre, from emotionally charged to coldblooded rational. Pick and choose among them once your mind senses them, and don't let your thoughts rule you.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So Ive noticed over the past week or so everytime something good happens or I have a happy thought, its quickly followed by a negative thought which takes over all of my other thoughts and makes me sad. So I have made a appointment with the school psychologist friday @ 10... I'm so nervous.. I mean I'm nervous that I have depression or something but strangly even more nervous that nothing is wrong with me and that "i'm fine"

Good on you for making that appointment! I've experienced that nervous fear of being told you're fine. For me it felt as though being told I was fine would mean that I wouldn't get any help. I was also scared that people would think I was faking it, or making a fuss over nothing. At least if you're depressed you have a valid reason to be upset! That's what it felt like to me anyway.

I hope all goes well for you and you get something out of seeing a psychologist.

I've tried counseling, and it helps, but it doesn't seem like it helps enough for me at least. For me, it provides an outlet to just...talk and let things out, but I seem to never get much back in terms of what I can do to better myself everyday by taking little steps. It's just weird because it feels like I can't find anything to be happy about, but then when I do, it never lasts for very long :frown1:

I don't want to say it's depression. Maybe it's just the way I am, I don't know...I just know it sucks...

I found that I needed to get my brain chemistry stabilised with medication before seeing a psychologist could really do me any good.

And recovery is so slow! I haven't been truly depressed for several years now, but I still feel as though I'm standing at the edge of a black pit, and I might fall back in at any time. But if you keep working on it, it does pass eventually. I'm not quite back to being my true self yet, but at least I'm out of that damn pit!

I wish I could put my arm in and pull you guys out too. It's much nicer out here. If you hang in there and keep doing all the right stuff, you'll be able to climb out too. In the meantime, :grouphug:.