Depression

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gadzooks.... not to go Scientology, but I think the medical profession is very quick to jump on mental irregularities (and thusly prescriptions) vs lifestyle and attitude...

A lot of the shit they throw down your gullet is a "high" vs ppl that are actually in need medically (true bi-polar, etc... One Flew Over the Cuckoo's level). There are documented and accepted symptoms like post-partem... but problem is, everyone is quick to jump on the problem, and remind the patient that it's ok, and let it continue. A LOT of the human condition is self-remediation... and mental should be no execption, sans chemical or severe/hardcore trauma.

I think meds and psycho-analysis and responsibility are in order, but nowadays, the slightest of mental skew seems to be a bit too overwraught with throwing the lifesaver and inducing remediation.
I like this. I've never been into modern medicine. I've always felt that the human body and human mind is capable of so much.... and therefore don't need these crazy treatments nor these crazy medications.