Disturbing

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As far as I know (and I'm no lawyer), it's not illegal for minors to view naked pics, it's just illegal to post them, Mark is erring on the side of caution by making people sign the waiver before entering the gallery. None of the pics I have seen depict sexual contact with a minor, so I truly believe we're safe on that front.

The problem is meeting. NEVER solicit a meeting with a minor for ANY reason, this could get the board shut down. Talking is fine, flirting is still not illegal. Suggesting get-togethers is expressly illegal, not to mention gross. DON'T FUCKING DO IT! There are very few guys who are overt in flirting with the minors, and as long as it is well recieved, I don't see a problem with it. If the minor ever even hints that he is uncomfortable, it should stop immediately. Here's a good rule of thumb, if a minor makes a flirtatious comment to you first, feel free to respond in like kind, but never increase the level of the flirtation beyond "harmless mode", and NEVER, NEVER, EVER suggest meeting, at least until their 18th birthday.

Any minor feeling creeped out should tell someone, like Mark or any of us old fogies who would help out. We want this place to be fun, right? Let's all help keep it that way.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Apr 21 2005, 07:17 AM
The problem is meeting. NEVER solicit a meeting with a minor for ANY reason, this could get the board shut down. Talking is fine, flirting is still not illegal. Suggesting get-togethers is expressly illegal, not to mention gross. DON'T FUCKING DO IT! There are very few guys who are overt in flirting with the minors, and as long as it is well recieved, I don't see a problem with it. If the minor ever even hints that he is uncomfortable, it should stop immediately. Here's a good rule of thumb, if a minor makes a flirtatious comment to you first, feel free to respond in like kind, but never increase the level of the flirtation beyond "harmless mode", and NEVER, NEVER, EVER suggest meeting, at least until their 18th birthday.

Any minor feeling creeped out should tell someone, like Mark or any of us old fogies who would help out. We want this place to be fun, right? Let's all help keep it that way.
[post=302868]Quoted post[/post]​
Jana us talking about soliciting a meeting with a minor over the internet that is not someone you know personaly. For a minor to meet an adult over the internet, the parents or someone the parents approved of in writing would have to be there.

For instance, if I knew that I was going to the very town for a meeting where one of the minors on this forum lived say New York City. To meet that minor would require an invitation from that minor's parents and their presence at the meeting. You had better be damn sure that it is really the minor's parents and not some standins. That would require you on the forum to also become friends with the minors parents using real post office box numbers and telephone numbers and not just conversation over the internet: An almost impossible task. NEVER trust the internet in dealing with meeting a minor who you don't know in real life, the opportunities for deceit and trouble are just to great.

D

deleted111

I think the younger crowd is a needed and augmentive part of this board. The perspectives and needs of the younger generations can be just as important in perception as someone who is in their 40s. They have their own points of view and do need support on a wide range of issues they aren't prepared to deal with in their lives at times.

I applaud the younger crowd that can come on here and talk just as intelligently as the rest about their life, their issues, and help others as well.

<takes his boxers off to the younger crowd> =))

Nater

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by madame_zora@Apr 21 2005, 08:17 AM
As far as I know (and I&#39;m no lawyer), it&#39;s not illegal for minors to view naked pics, it&#39;s just illegal to post them, Mark is erring on the side of caution by making people sign the waiver before entering the gallery. None of the pics I have seen depict sexual contact with a minor, so I truly believe we&#39;re safe on that front.

The problem is meeting. NEVER solicit a meeting with a minor for ANY reason, this could get the board shut down. Talking is fine, flirting is still not illegal. Suggesting get-togethers is expressly illegal, not to mention gross. DON&#39;T FUCKING DO IT&#33; There are very few guys who are overt in flirting with the minors, and as long as it is well recieved, I don&#39;t see a problem with it. If the minor ever even hints that he is uncomfortable, it should stop immediately. Here&#39;s a good rule of thumb, if a minor makes a flirtatious comment to you first, feel free to respond in like kind, but never increase the level of the flirtation beyond "harmless mode", and NEVER, NEVER, EVER suggest meeting, at least until their 18th birthday.

Any minor feeling creeped out should tell someone, like Mark or any of us old fogies who would help out. We want this place to be fun, right? Let&#39;s all help keep it that way.
[post=302868]Quoted post[/post]​

Touche. <backing out gracefully>

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC DEEP, no need to back out, and I&#39;m glad you care about the board, especially being new. I think a lot of us have a great affection for this place and we want to insure it&#39;s ongoing success. Healthy conversations from every angle help us to determine where we stand, everyone&#39;s input is important, don&#39;t ever stop. Luv ya guy, Jana

hung_big:
Originally posted by DC_DEEP+Apr 21 2005, 06:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Apr 21 2005, 06:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hung_big@Apr 20 2005, 08:50 PM
I&#39;ve met sexual predators myself, from this site. I&#39;m NOT jailbate, as some might think (especially with my flirty nature), but I can see other&#39;s concerns. Like Brian said, having young people on this site adds demension and dynamic.
[post=302702]Quoted post[/post]​

Big, actually at 15, you ARE jailbait for someone of majority age. All that means is your youth is tempting (bait) to some folks who could go to jail for having sex with you. :p Unfortunately, for those of us who are homersexuals, it&#39;s still illegal in some states (regardless of the Lawrence decision) for us to have sex regardless of it being between consenting adults.
[post=302861]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

1. To place a lure in (a trap) or on (a fishing hook).
2. To entice, especially by trickery or strategy.

Believe me when I say I&#39;m not jailbait....though I may be baiting you into doing something else :p ;)

I would say that flirting with a minor could be consequential, if said minor does not mean for that repercussion to occur, I wouldn&#39;t classify that juvenile as jailbait. I only catogorize someone as jailbait if they are intentionally trying to land another in prison. :)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by hung_big@Apr 22 2005, 01:18 AM
1. To place a lure in (a trap) or on (a fishing hook).
2. To entice, especially by trickery or strategy.

Believe me when I say I&#39;m not jailbait....though I may be baiting you into doing something else :p ;)

The lure need not be intentional in order to qualify as &#39;bait&#39;. A worm wriggling on a hook is not trying to entice a fish into swallowing; it does not want to be eaten. However, the fish views that worm as prey, and no one will deny that the worm is bait. If you are underage and a pedophile perceives you as prey, face it: you are bait. And trying to take that bait can land the pedo in jail. Referring to you as &#39;jailbait&#39; is not a slam against you, Chris; it&#39;s a warning to the pervs out there not to fuck with you, or they may end up being cornholed in a prison shower.

hung_big: Yes the WORM isn&#39;t there intentionally, but it has been PLACED there intentionally. I am just a teenager posting on a forum, and if and when I get hit on by someone older then 18, I am not placed here to get anybody put in jail, especially those who mean well.

I am not tricking anyone, nor have I been placed here to bait anybody. If you use that attitude, you could say people on the street are bait for phychopaths to shoot. That&#39;s untrue, because the nature of people walking on the street is just as everyday as somebody posting on the internet.

EN GARDE&#33;

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by hung_big@Apr 21 2005, 09:36 PM
Yes the WORM isn&#39;t there intentionally, but it has been PLACED there intentionally. I am just a teenager posting on a forum, and if and when I get hit on by someone older then 18, I am not placed here to get anybody put in jail, especially those who mean well.

I am not tricking anyone, nor have I been placed here to bait anybody. If you use that attitude, you could say people on the street are bait for phychopaths to shoot. That&#39;s untrue, because the nature of people walking on the street is just as everyday as somebody posting on the internet.

EN GARDE&#33;
[post=303162]Quoted post[/post]​
I believe you Chris. But Jacinto has a point that any and all teenagers are bait for a sex predator who is out there "fishing". There is nothing you can do except be careful. You have about as much choice in that as that worm.

All our carrying on here publically are utter nonsense and comical. No one is hitting on you on the public forum. As far as any private e-mails or pms, if you get one from a predator, there is a way to block any further contact from them. Just don&#39;t give out your last name and your phone number or address to strangers on the internet.

Your a neat kid and I love to visit and tease with you. But guys like Pappy and I would beat a predator to a pulp if we could get a hold on him if he tried something on you if we could and in my case was able.

hung_big: Aww...just the sentiments are appreciated Freddie.

Much Love&#33; *Hugz and Kisses from Chris to Freddie*

Chris

husky14620

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One thing missing from this discussion is the matter of jurisdictions.

IIRC, Chris is from Toronto, where the legal ages of consent are very different from Atlanta, New York, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, or Rome.

As adults, we must assume that anyone posting who is under the age of 21 is automatically "off limits" for meeting, as depending on where they are, that can be true.

As for the "youngsters", keep in mind that your presence here has the POTENTIAL to be dangerous, to YOU, to the OTHER MEMBERS, and to the GROUP ITSELF. Please try to be on your best behavior.

As for offering advise, I have done so in the past, and will do so again in the future if I feel that the person I offer it to is in need, regardless of their age. Just ask Chris and Nixxy. My "real world" friends don&#39;t call me "Mother" for nothing. If I feel it important enough, I will even butt in. Otherwise, I will wait for some indication that my advise is wanted. But I will NOT censor advise of a non-sexual nature, including relationship advise, based on the age of the recipient. I understand that I may be taking a risk, but I do so based on my own need of that kind of support when I was that age, coming out, dealing with my own demons, and reaching the brink of suicide. That I survived without outside help is what some would call miraculous. That some of those demons still trouble me today might have been avoided with the right guidance from someone who had been there before me. So I take that risk willingly, that in some way, I might help someone else avoid some of the ravines (not potholes) life tends to put in our way.

Husky14620
AKA Mother