Do u realize how much u use ur hands?

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had hand surgery done on 7-14-08. Due to i fell off the step in Feb 08.
I retorn the tendon and also tore the ligament in my hand. The Dr. put pins in my wrist for ten weeks. I have my hand wrapped and is very limited to what i can do. I didnt realize how much a person does with both hands. Cooking, dishes, laundry, typing. Does anybody else feel this way? Do sometimes we take for granted what we can do with our bodies?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm having surgery on my hand in a few weeks and I'm already dreading the limitations.
At least it's my left hand, so it won't impact things like writing, but there are many activies in which I use both hands--and I'm not talking about sexual activities, either.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm having surgery on my hand in a few weeks and I'm already dreading the limitations.
At least it's my left hand, so it won't impact things like writing, but there are many activies in which I use both hands--and I'm not talking about sexual activities, either.

See. now the first thing that came to my mind was your occupation. Can we say a guilty conscience needs no accusing?:biggrin1:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media

How are you going to play the organ? I developed hand problems from my job. I have major troubles with my thumbs. I can no longer play the piano. waaaaaaa
I hope it all works out well for you preppie. If not, I'll come rub your back until the baby is born.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

yea i know the feelings u have. i dreaded mine to. im right handed and i injured my left hand. i have been off work this whole time on short term disabilty. now my employer says as of august im fired.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
yea i know the feelings u have. i dreaded mine to. im right handed and i injured my left hand. i have been off work this whole time on short term disabilty. now my employer says as of august im fired.

Can you be fired if you are out on disability?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
How are you going to play the organ? I developed hand problems from my job. I have major troubles with my thumbs. I can no longer play the piano. waaaaaaa
I hope it all works out well for you preppie. If not, I'll come rub your back until the baby is born.

The doctor wants me to take at least one Sunday off, so I told her she could tell the pastor (she goes to my church) that I had to take time off.
I told her that I would just play basic pieces using one hand and my feet.
It should be ok and not impact me too much.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I wear wrist guards at night because things with my job and typing fuck up my fingers and wrists. I hate them and they are impossible to type with but they save me the pain the next day.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A note on hands..
As an artist... my hands are my living, quite literally.

Imagine my distress when I developed severe crippling carpal tunnel.

At the time the only option was surgical... and the surgery had a 15% failure rate and a further 20% chance that it would not offer any relief... for 6 months of not being able to use my hands...

Then I found an article writen in a medical journal by some guy from Michigan.

He noticed how the the theory that carpal tunnel is caused by repetitive stress could not be true, because their was NO correlation to the amount or severity of the stress and the severity of the condition...

And... oddly... the pain subsided with work... tending to be most sever in the morning on waking... after 8 hours of rest....

So he did a sleep study and found that EVERY patient with carpal tunnel slept with their wrists curled up or folded over.

He started having his patients wear wrist braces only at night... to train themselves not to fold their wrists over...

And take B6... which improves nerve conduction.

Within 12 days 90% of his clients were symptom free.

So if anyone has carpal tunnel... its not so much WHAT you do... its how you sleep... wear braces at night... take B6... and chances are your carpal tunnel will evaporate.

15 years later..... carpal tunnel is a minor issue that flares up once a year when I start folding my hands over in my sleep...
I wear the braces for a week... and it goes away.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

what r u having done?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
when I was in my early 20s I had the end of my finger go thru a sprocket and chain drive ripping the skin to the bone and pulling my finger nail off. I only took stitches and time, but I was in a band playing keyboard and guitar at the time and I could not do my part. I wound up quiting so they could find a replacement. The worst part was it was my index finger and I needed it to hold the pick.

Last edited:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
How much I use my hands? Hmpf. wankwankwankwankIwankwankwankwankwankdon't
wankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankknowwankwankwankwankwank
whatwankyou'rewankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwanktalkingwankwankwank
wankwankwankaboutwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwank
wankwankwankwankwankwankwankwankwank

wank