Doctor should measure the penis of all males

Avy Avy

Experimental Member
Media
Do any of you think that for males a penis measurement should be a part of a physical exam at key ages. The beginning, middle and end of puberty. Obviously everyone starts at different times but this could be done at ages when the average person is in these stages with discretion by the doctor.

I only say this because it seems that it would put some data out there about penis size for doctors so if a someone has a growth deficiency in that area they can be prescribed hormones before the time it's to late to do it that way, they don't end up doing years of p.e. just to catch up to average.

Obviously they could do P.E. later regardless but it's going to take dedication and for someone who is very below average they'd probably give up before seeing any good signs.

I had known someone who is below average in penis size and he always regretted not doing something when he was much younger and he is not the type to do P.E..

So essentially I'm saying that for males of a certain age a clinical penis measurement would just be a part of life. Good idea or am I crazy?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
would this measurement be while soft or while erect?

If your thinking of measuring while erect I think you'd probably be getting into some very dangerous territory, as then the question become who makes the males dick erect who keeps it erect and this would definatly probably make young guys in puberty very nervous if they knew that this was part of a physical, I know when I was that age I didn't even like the hernia exam at all as I didn't like my doctor very much and I didn't want him seeing me down below.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
To answer your last question: Crazy.

The whole question is predicated on the notion that doctors would be able to actually do something effective about a child with a small penis. The only medical procedure for lengthening the penis is a suspensory ligament cut. I can't see any sane parents consenting to this kind of radical surgery on a child.

Avy Avy

Experimental Member
Media
Is penis size a medical issue?

Absolutely. There is a condition called 'micropenis'. Other than that it can be an emotional issue.

As far as if the measurement is taken flaccid or erect, I really don't know. I'm no doctor but remember that this would be done as quick as possible in a clinical setting by doctors and the information would only be available to the medical community not perverted webmasters or whatever else is out there.

I can remember the doctor checking to see if I was growing pubic hair. It was a quick look and it was over. I would think that the doctor would get the quickest measurement possible, record the data and take appropriate action if the person is severely behind schedule, so to speak.

Avy Avy

Experimental Member
Media
To answer your last question: Crazy.

The whole question is predicated on the notion that doctors would be able to actually do something effective about a child with a small penis. The only medical procedure for lengthening the penis is a suspensory ligament cut. I can't see any sane parents consenting to this kind of radical surgery on a child.

I was thinking more along the lines of hormones but if that really is the case then I am willing to concede that this is a bad idea.:cool:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
No. What man in his right mind thinks the whole premise of being male and a man is determined by his dick size?
It is not.
If your image of yourself is soley determined by the size of your penis, you really should see a psychopharmacologist and get some serious therapy.
You are not a man simply because you have a dick, small,medium or large sized.
Your dick is not the be all end all of who you are
or want to be!
C.B.:saevil:

Last edited:

Avy Avy

Experimental Member
Media
No. What man in his right mind thinks the whole premise of being male and a man is determined by his dick size?
It is not.
If your image of yourself is soley determined by the size of your penis, you really should see a psychopharmacologist and get some serious therapy.
You are not a man simply because you have a dick, small,medium or large sized.
Your dick is not the be all end all of who you are
or want to be!
C.B.:saevil:

True, I agree 300% but so many aspects of our bodies seem to define a person's self esteem and since of who they are. For so many women it is the breasts and for some men it is the muscle development. I saw a documentary about a guy getting calf implants because he felt his calves were not developed enough.

Now I don't think it is a stretch to believe that a man could be in severe emotional distress over a small penis...I'll find it if I need to but an 18 year old college student killed himself over a small penis (or at least he thought it was small). Unfortunately a lot of the attention is put on girls and body image but it is just as critical to talk to males about body image.

That kind of strays from my own subject but I felt I wanted to address that.

B_doc23cm

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are other ways to look out for hormone deficiency, e.g. delayed growth, delayed onset of body hair and testicle growth - which can be easily checked in a couple of seconds and, although embarrassing for a 12 year old boy is a lot better than being tossed off by a doctor or nurse and measured.

Penis size is wildly variable at all ages anyway, and growth rates are different, whereas the progress of puberty is a little more predictable.

The only point of screening for a problem is if there is an effective intervention. Sorry, but there is no effective intervention for having a small penis, that's just the hand nature dealt you. Learn to live with it. And can you imagine how humiliating it would be to a teenage boy to be told he is small? Very, very bad idea.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Do any of you think that for males a penis measurement should be a part of a physical exam at key ages. The beginning, middle and end of puberty. Obviously everyone starts at different times but this could be done at ages when the average person is in these stages with discretion by the doctor.

I only say this because it seems that it would put some data out there about penis size for doctors so if a someone has a growth deficiency in that area they can be prescribed hormones before the time it's to late to do it that way, they don't end up doing years of p.e. just to catch up to average.

Obviously they could do P.E. later regardless but it's going to take dedication and for someone who is very below average they'd probably give up before seeing any good signs.

I had known someone who is below average in penis size and he always regretted not doing something when he was much younger and he is not the type to do P.E..

So essentially I'm saying that for males of a certain age a clinical penis measurement would just be a part of life. Good idea or am I crazy?

There is too much variation in penis size. Doctors should, however, and probably do, watch for delayed puberty in both genders but that, of course, is dependent on parents getting their kids to the doctors. Some can't afford, some are ignorant of normal growth patterns and some simply don't care to monitor their kid's growth.

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have parents that attempt to *delay* their children's puberty through drugs. IMO, that is simply wrong and doctors who prescribe this should have their licenses revoked!

Last edited:

There are other conditions too that need to be looked for. One is what I have, buried penis. This condition means that there is a great deal of excess fat pad overhang caused by the penis being permanently pulled back against the pubic bone and thus shortening it. If you palpate my penis, you can feel a lot of it is inside the inguinal canal and scrotum. Weight loss or gain doesn't change the situation either as the retractile ligaments keep pulling the penis in as far as it can go. So you look like you're tiny even when you're very thin.

This condition, and others related to it such as trapped penis (due to radical circumcision) are not uncommon and surgery to correct it is simple in prepubertal children. It's easy to diagnose too. All a doctor need do is ask the boy to stretch his penis out as far as it can go. Flaccid stretched size is close enough to erect size to give a doctor an idea of what's going on. But most doctors won't even look for this if a parent doesn't mention anything. My pediatrician never bothered to look despite the fact my flaccid length was less than two inches and my flaccid girth was the same. I assume he assumed I would grow out of it at some point.

Buried penis is reported rarely in adults but that's because most urologists figure that it's underdiagnosed. I had seen a few urologists before, but it took one of the top guys in the country to take one look at me, feel around a bit, and discover what was going on. Corrective surgery is a bit involved, and expensive, but is covered under insurance if the condition interferes with normal functioning, which mine does. I was actually looking to get the surgery too just before I was diagnosed with cancer, but the cancer has to be addressed first and surgery now is not a good idea. Corrective surgery will allow me to have a normal flaccid penis and allow my penis to erect to its full length without much of it being hidden underneath my fat pad and in the scrotum and thus allow more penetration. Urination will be much easier too.

Things like buried penis and its related conditions should be checked for any time a doctor or parent even remotely suspects it's an issue. It's really simple to check for and correct before puberty. It can even be done after puberty. I wish I had known earlier what was going on. Would have saved me a world of heartache.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On the opposite end of the spectrum you have parents that attempt to *delay* their children's puberty through drugs. IMO, that is simply wrong and doctors who prescribe this should have their licenses revoked!

Parents attempting to DELAY puberty? I haven't ever heard this before, its totally crazy.

How do they do it? I know I heard that the military puts drugs in the food to reduce the libido of the soldiers.

Do you have any sources to back up this?

Parents attempting to DELAY puberty? I haven't ever heard this before, its totally crazy.

How do they do it? I know I heard that the military puts drugs in the food to reduce the libido of the soldiers.

Do you have any sources to back up this?

Some kids are exposed to external estrogens and testosterone sources early in life and begin puberty very early, some as early as 4 or 5. In these cases doctors will try to delay puberty until the child is older.

D_Garmanswait Glassnads

Experimental Member
Media
I think the patient would always have to approach the doctor with the ambition of fixing the issue. The only thing that can be done is raise awareness. If there is a problem is the doctor able to do anything about it anyway? I can understand the affects of a very small endowment, it is a cause for concern and is a medical issue, seen as the psychological effect is so harsh.