Does straight "curiousness" actually exist?

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
On this forum there is a lot of talk about being straight and "curious." Generally speaking, it seems that this straight "curiousness" is actually a gateway to accepting one's bisexuality, or full blown homosexuality.

I was wondering.... Does straight "curiousness" actually exist? Are there straight guys out there who have actually done gay things, and then gone on to be entirely straight later?

I suppose I just don't think straight guys actually get curious. But I don't know everything. So, I'm just asking.... :cool:

coachreffn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I suspect that straight men do not get curious. I can imagine men are curious at a younger age but by the time they are adults, I would think that it is just a gradual acceptance of their bisexuality or homosexuality. I think the curious thing is that they are yet experienced in being with someone of their same sex. They already have had the desire for a long time.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
On this forum there is a lot of talk about being straight and "curious." Generally speaking, it seems that this straight "curiousness" is actually a gateway to accepting one's bisexuality, or full blown homosexuality.

I was wondering.... Does straight "curiousness" actually exist? Are there straight guys out there who have actually done gay things, and then gone on to be entirely straight later?

I suppose I just don't think straight guys actually get curious. But I don't know everything. So, I'm just asking.... :cool:

Imo, what doesn't exist is completely "straight". No one is completely attracted to the opposite sex while being diametrical to their own sex at the same time. It just doesn't make sense.

Sexuality is a slider scale with heterosexuality on one end and homosexuality on the other end. We're all either in the middle or more towards one side, but very rarely completely to one side. And if it is all to one side, it's more plausible that it's to the homosexual side rather than the heterosexual. We have more in common with our own gender, not the opposite gender.

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a woman, rather than a man, but I suspect when it comes to 'curiousness' women and men aren't so different.

I consider myself to be straight. Sure, I've got the 1% that's not, but in the general scheme of things, I'm straight. I would not seek out sexual contact with my own gender, and in most cases, I would actively avoid it.

At one time in my life, I would have considered myself straight but curious. I knew I liked men, but had no real idea about women because I hadn't tried it. I was curious about whether women would work for me. I tried fucking another woman and it didn't really work for me at all. For me, the presence or absence of a cock matters.

So now I consider myself straight. The 1% is merely to acknowledge the highly unlikely, but still possible chance that I might fuck another woman again at some point. Women don't turn me on or satisfy my desire for cock, but nor do they disgust me sexually.

So I think you can be curious, then go on to be straight. To me, the 'curious' part signifies just that - curiosity. A desire to experiment and discover what works for you. I find it entirely plausible that, as a result of that experimentation, someone would come to the conclusion that they were straight.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
enough gay guys have made drunken passes at me (for which they were mortified in the morning) for me to believe that some gay guys get curious about straight sex.

jusright

Legendary Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think curiousity exists as a phase in that once you have crossed over so to speak the curousity has been realised though the desire can still remain. Curiousity by definition can't be a permanent fixture if the activity forms a long term part of someone's life even if its relatively infrequent-that person would at least have bi tendencies.Whether they chose to identify themselves as such and the baggage attached to that is another conversation!
The fact committed emotional relationships may not develop isn't totally relevant as many people who don't and see others as sex objects don't question their orientation cos they don't wanna settle down. I think external societal influences have a big impact (esp in the context of male same gendered sex) in how people struggle to accept or deal with anything outside the status quo.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think the term "curious" is just another way of saying "I'm not gay or bi"! It's a defense to me. Too many supposed straight curious guys are in the closet. I used to feel different about this when I was also curious but eventually realized that if you're attracted to big dick then maybe it's a little more than "curious". There are a lot of games going on around sexuality. ;-)

D

deleted136887

The fact that you (yes that's YOU) is perusing postings on a BIG COCK website makes you sort of bicurious, does it not? So deal with your inner liking for cock, and get over it.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I interpret sexuality to be grey, to be fluid, to be nebulous.....
We as humans feel like we need to categorize everything with titles and names. The notion of order is easy whereas the lack of categorization is awkward and uncomfortable.
But if sexuality can ambiguously dance on the thresholds of both gay/straight, it's confusing for us since we have yet to really come up with a "term" for more than bisexual, especially when this bisexuality can manifest itself in flash moments. With that said, we interpret moments of bisexuality as "curiosity" or even "experimentation."

Once again, this confirms the notion that we work better when things, particularly people, are categorized.

Sogious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I knew a guy that said he was straight. Then he seduced me when I was drunk. Then, after he said he was still straight. He just happened to be drunk. So again, at a party, in my garage. He had sex with two other guys, there by cheating on his girlfriend, who was as much a whore as he was. He still insisted that he was straight.

What I call this "straight curiousness" is something that of DENIAL.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Many useful posts on this thread. I agree with jjsjr. Humans are hard-wired to classify and categorise. However, I suspect that each individual has his or her individual and maybe unique sexual orientation, set within a context of social, cultural and psychological influences.
I don't really like the labels and creating new ones isn't much help. People define and understand each label in different ways so we cannot even comminicate clearly about these issues.
When I did my doctoral research in the 70s and presented it in '81, I came to realise that physical intimacy and emotional intimacy had to be considered separately; that labels were fluidly defined from person to person; that sexuality itself was more fluid and flexible than previously thought and couldn't be categorised easily; and that the label each person applied to himself (I was researching men) had no consistent connection to sexual behaviour or the number of same-sex and opposite sex partners. Many men would be able to relate sexually to another penis (sucking it, wanking it, being fucked by it) if only it wasn't attached to another man.

This question and some of the replies stem from our need to categorise ourselves (and others) into neat and exclusive "boxes". Creating another "box" or several other "boxes" doesn't help. This drive is more evident in men than women, incidentally.

Sexuality is not like sorting screws (deliberate pun). It is more like untangling a mess of wires and interconnections and trying to contain it in one box. We each spill over from one box into one or often more than one other boxes.

Reactions: Voltaire

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
here's what I think:

there are some guys who are straight & have no interest in sex with men

there are some guys who are primarily straight & have some interest/curiosity about sex with men

after those who are curious have tried it once and continue to do it, then it's no longer a "curiosity", but is something else altogether...

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We as humans feel like we need to categorize everything with titles and names. The notion of order is easy whereas the lack of categorization is awkward and uncomfortable.
But if sexuality can ambiguously dance on the thresholds of both gay/straight, it's confusing for us since we have yet to really come up with a "term" for more than bisexual, especially when this bisexuality can manifest itself in flash moments. With that said, we interpret moments of bisexuality as "curiosity" or even "experimentation."

This is how I feel, pretty much.

I do have friends who have friends who identify as straight who have actively, as adults, had one or so sexual encounters with other men. End of story. So yeah, I believe they're straight but curious - or just horny - full stop, no navel-gazing about labels. Why? Because they're not hiding anything. If a straight guy can say "yeah, I jacked off with a guy but it wasn't my thing" then I'll believe what he has to say.

D_Sam Rockswell

Experimental Member
Media
I think for most it is a gateway to accepting one's bisexuality or homosexuality. Its a get out of jail free card sort of speak. Its like usually preferring one kind of food over another (or at least i guess thats how its seen) but wanting to "try" out another type of food.

Bisexuality and Homosexuality is still looked at as being a negative thing in our world. And we've heard story after story about the pain and anguish a person has had to go through just to have pride in themselves. So men probably see the "i'm just curious" as a way to stay free of accusations and the dangers of being seen full blown this or that.

Whether they are or not depends (or at least to me) on how deep their curiosity goes. If its a constant detailed curiosity that almost never ends then imo i think they are skirting the issue of admittance.

I think the majority of people on this forum have at one point in there life tried a food that they've never tasted before, but only those who truly like it, keep eating.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think for most it is a gateway to accepting one's bisexuality or homosexuality. Its a get out of jail free card sort of speak. Its like usually preferring one kind of food over another (or at least i guess thats how its seen) but wanting to "try" out another type of food.

Bisexuality and Homosexuality is still looked at as being a negative thing in our world. And we've heard story after story about the pain and anguish a person has had to go through just to have pride in themselves. So men probably see the "i'm just curious" as a way to stay free of accusations and the dangers of being seen full blown this or that.

Whether they are or not depends (or at least to me) on how deep their curiosity goes. If its a constant detailed curiosity that almost never ends then imo i think they are skirting the issue of admittance.

I think the majority of people on this forum have at one point in there life tried a food that they've never tasted before, but only those who truly like it, keep eating.

Do you like to eat snails AND oysters, Antonitus?

Taste and Morals - Oysters and Snails | jaysays.com |

(scroll down to deleted Spartacus scene video)