• Other, because there is always an 'other' option

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Bunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Would you say you were more dominant because of your largeness or you like being submissive?

Just curious....

devildog73

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm no expert, but I think it has more to do with your sexual preference...I think more str8 guys would be more dom, and someone who's more bi/gay would be more sub/vers.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Would you say you were more dominant because of your largeness or you like being submissive?

Just curious....

I'm no expert, but I think it has more to do with your sexual preference...I think more str8 guys would be more dom, and someone who's more bi/gay would be more sub/vers.

Truly, it's not really a function of any of these, although there may be a weak correlation.

Is the poll open to women too or are you just asking large men?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't most men in general consider themselves dominant (regardless of penis size) and most women consider themselves submissive?

Last edited:

D_Tallie_Wacker

Account Disabled
Media
Assuming you mean sexually, I think I tend towards the submissive, especially in my fantasies, though I am most definitely a switch.

Outside of the bedroom, I'm almost exclusively the dominant type, and the leader of my group, as it were.

Bunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am definitely switch...it really does depend on my mood...

Also, relationship to relationship it has changed - the person you are experiencing it with must have a huge influence on how you are as a person, in a way. But I am only going from person experience.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm a switch, technically. I'd say I'm about 60% Sub and 30% Dom... with 10% 'fuck off and go masturbate'. :p Really though, everyone I've been with says they want me to be a dom because of my body size. NOBODY I've been with is my height - they are all shorter than 6'1". It really annoys me when I have to deal with it.

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't most men in general consider themselves dominant (regardless of penis size) and most women consider themselves submissive?

I would say people who are fem are sub and those who are masculine are dom. Regardless of being male or female. Though versatility is an option. I for example am a sub for men and a dom with women, rarely do I flip those traits for pleasure, but have done it once or twice to change things up.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
This is a stupid stereotype. Not to mention, it doesn't even make sense mathematically. If two guys are having sex and one is more dom and one is more sub, they cancel each other out statistically. If neither is more dom, zero net either way. :rolleyes:

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Twelve years ago I was in a lifestyle BDSM relationship in which I was always the Sub. It was one of the most mentally and physically stimulating times of my life. The Dom who had me call him Master was very loving and attentive. I felt safe and trusted him explicitly. He would take me to my limits sometimes but never pushed beyond; he knew just how far he could go depending on my level of arousal and never let anything get out of control - plus we had safe words for me to use if needed. Because this was his chosen lifestyle he was quite experienced and never lost focus. He could take me up or down in a second even with just a word, phrase or touch.

Occasionally Master would bring one of his buddies home and instruct his male friend on how to fuck me while Master stood back with heavily muscled arms folded across his chest and watched with a critical look in his eyes like he was analyzing every move and every sound. Master was the alpha-male between the two hunky men and being a true dominant he liked to give instructions and make demands on people but he also enjoyed standing back and watching me being pleasured – he said it helped him become more in tune with my responses to certain stimuli, plus he was protecting me by controlling the situation.

The “master/slave” relationship continued beyond the bedroom into everyday life to a certain extent. I am a manager at a company and Master respected my public image so he did not let our relationship interfere with my work other than having me wear a sign of his "ownership" in the form of a black leather collar on which hung a silver medallion with his initials engraved into it. Obviously I was not truly owned, but because of the collar he did own a portion of my thoughts throughout the day, it did exactly what he knew it would do in that the collar was a constant reminder and kept me in a semi-aroused state as I went about my business. It ensured that I would be ready for him when he summoned me. My clothing style is not Goth, so you may think the leather collar would have looked odd on a woman wearing a business suit or dress slacks with a shirt collar blouse but no one ever commented on the collar. I maintained a separate residence but was at my master’s beck and call which was often daily.

It was a relationship many people would have a hard time understanding. But I still get Goosebumps when I think about the power he had over me, the incredible intimacy, the love and trust it took for me to completely submit - it's really a cerebral type of relationship more so than the physical aspect. I know this is contrary to what most believe because while I was in the relationship I had friends, both male & female that begged me to end it. They absolutely could not understand and were afraid I’d end up getting hurt. I kept telling them that everything was consensual and that all I ever had to do was say a safe word and it would end instantly – period, no hesitation, so I had control and was not being endangered, plus he had many years of experience and knew exactly what and what not to do and at what intensity to avoid any physical damage. Still they implored me to end it and eventually I gave in.

In an unrelated thread member LGX made comments about alpha-male domination and while reading his posts I literally had electric shocks shoot throughout my body – the simple word association was just that strong and it brought back the memory of Master.

Oh, in case you’re wondering, Master was a very powerful, 6’2” tall male, 210 lbs of pure muscle and a huge cut dick with a prominently ridged head (9” long x 6.25”circumference, and his hunky friend was an excellent 7” x 5.5”) which helped me commit to the relationship initially and I’m really glad I had the experience. I've never regretted any aspect of the relationship while we were together.

On the flip side I've been in two relationships where the men wanted me to top them - which I did with no problem. Interestingly both held high ranking positions in their businesses. They said it was nice to be under someone else’s control for a change and I had the impression that by giving up their power to me they were releasing the pressure they felt in their jobs. But I should note that I did not get the same degree of satisfaction in either of these relationships.

Other more "vanilla" relationships have been that of equality with no clear delineation and have been the longest lasting, but still the one that was the most intense and remember able was the relationship with Master.

All this said I'm not sure if I would be called a Switch or a Sub. My position in the workplace demands that I assume a dominant role; I have a lot of inner strength, including a strong personality but am a peacemaker and do not tolerate discord in my life. Plus I'm very independent in all aspects of my life and not afraid of new experiences so I guess like many others I am conflicted, or maybe it's those dominant traits that help balance the submissiveness that lurks below. So what do you think, would I be a Switch, or a Sub? Any opinions out there?

I’ll wait to hear if anyone wants to offer their opinion before I cast my vote of Sub or Switch.

Bunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would say you sound switch, but maybe you know your true enjoyment lies within submission (??)

As for your story - sounds amazing, and very very yummy :biggrin1:

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You forgot "Neither." Different than "other." "Neither", as in "I reject the premise of your question."

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would say you sound switch, but maybe you know your true enjoyment lies within submission (??)

As for your story - sounds amazing, and very very yummy :biggrin1:
I honestly don't know which is why I thought I'd ask for opinions. The relationship with Master was by far the sexiest, he was a true master in every sense of the word: intellectually, physically, sexually, you name it. He dominated my mind and body so completely I think that is what scared my friends because he was changing my life. He was an addiction, pure and simple and it broke my heart to end it.

Last edited:

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After further thought I think I'm going to go for Sub since I'm always being totally dominated in my fantasys. My vote is cast!