Don't Drink and Drive....

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I was walking around in a Target store, when I saw a Cashier hand this little boy some money back.

The boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old.

The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll.'

Then the little boy turned to the old woman next to him: ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?''

The old lady replied: ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.''

Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look a round. She left quickly.

The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.

Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to.

'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas.

She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.'

I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after all, and not to worry.

But he replied to me sadly. 'No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.'

His eyes were so sad while saying this. 'My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.''

My heart nearly stopped.

The little boy looked up at me and said: 'I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.'

Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then told me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't forget me.'

'I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.'

Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.

I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll?''

'OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his with out him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money.

The little boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!'

Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give It to my sister. He heard me!''

'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose.''

'My mommy loves white roses.'

A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket.

I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started.

I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.

Then I remembered a local news paper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl.

The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma.

Was this the family of the little boy?

Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the news paper that the young woman had passed away.

I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial.

She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest.

I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed for ever.. The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine.

And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.

Now you have 2 choices:

1) Repost this message, or

2) Ignore it as if it never touched your heart.

For those who prefer to think that God is not watching over us.... go ahead and delete this. For the rest of us... pass this on.

The value of a man or woman resides in what he or she gives, not in what they are capable of receiving.

SAVE LIVES DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There was a thread in the past where several people here thought it was funny to drink and drive, believe or not

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Man, that is really a heart breaking story. I have lost a few friends and a family member due to drunk drivers. It is never easy to lose them and it is such a waste.....such a waste.....and there is absolutely no reason that it should ever happen again. Unfortunately, there are a lot of uncaring, stupid people in this world and probably will continue that way.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
'God is watching over us'? You gave him the fucking money! Are you God?

And FYI, this story did not touch my heart. It lost all appeal and sympathy when God was brought into it.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Having lost someone to a drunk driving incident, this story always hits home. I got it sent to me a year or so ago and then it just pulled at my heart strings. TK, my heart goes out to you. I think you lost someone to a drunk driving accident. Right?

There was a thread in the past where several people here thought it was funny to drink and drive, believe or not

That sort of attitude pisses me off and I bet that at some point the same idiots that thought it was "funny" to drink and drive will be responsible for an accident and they will walk away unscathed while their victims suffer.

There is an ad they run here with a young boy reading a eulogy to his friend that was killed by a drunk driver. The poor kid breaks down in tears and rushes from the podium. The screen fades to white and black print appears:

"Drunk drivers don't kill all their victims."

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
That sort of attitude pisses me off and I bet that at some point the same idiots that thought it was "funny" to drink and drive will be responsible for an accident and they will walk away unscathed while their victims suffer.

Well - Osi - I think I might be one of the 'idiots' you are referring to - Monster, like you, has good reason to be even more anti-DUI than folks without firsthand experience - but in relation to that thread I think he was reading far more into it (re: people taking the piss / finding it 'funny') than was actually there. - Here's the link - you may want to judge for yourself.

I certainly didn't intend personal offence - but he took it anyway.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Cool, it's like having a hotmail address and plethora of degenerate teenagers on my MSN contact list all over again.

Does anybody want to join flickr and see my taste in movies?

Quote my post and say 'chain-letter' out loud three times, and two weeks from now your secret crush will kiss you.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Having lost someone to a drunk driving incident, this story always hits home. I got it sent to me a year or so ago and then it just pulled at my heart strings. TK, my heart goes out to you. I think you lost someone to a drunk driving accident. Right?

There is an ad they run here with a young boy reading a eulogy to his friend that was killed by a drunk driver. The poor kid breaks down in tears and rushes from the podium. The screen fades to white and black print appears:

"Drunk drivers don't kill all their victims."
A few.
Cool, it's like having a hotmail address and plethora of degenerate teenagers on my MSN contact list all over again.

Does anybody want to join flickr and see my taste in movies?

Quote my post and say 'chain-letter' out loud three times, and two weeks from now your secret crush will kiss you.
Wow who pissed in your corn flakes. I posted it because it was sad and made me think. Too bad it got lost on your side.

Sorry I didn't edit god out of there. I copied and pasted it, didn't think that message about drinking and driving could be lost because god was mentioned in it. I'm the most anti-religious person I know and I looked past it. Grow up.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well - Osi - I think I might be one of the 'idiots' you are referring to - Monster, like you, has good reason to be even more anti-DUI than folks without firsthand experience - but in relation to that thread I think he was reading far more into it (re: people taking the piss / finding it 'funny') than was actually there. - Here's the link - you may want to judge for yourself.

I certainly didn't intend personal offence - but he took it anyway.

You know I never find you to be an idiot love. :kiss:

I know I take it more to heart than others due to what I have experienced. Look at the post prior to this TK isn't religious, but she still is touched by the main subject.

It all comes down to point of reference. Like AIDS. if you have never really been affected or know anyone close who has, you have a cool indifference. When it touches you personally, the view changes. It's human nature babe.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was walking around in a Target store, when I saw a Cashier hand this little boy some money back.

The boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old.

The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll.'

Then the little boy turned to the old woman next to him: ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?''

The old lady replied: ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.''

Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look a round. She left quickly.

The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.

Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to.

'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas.

She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.'

I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after all, and not to worry.

But he replied to me sadly. 'No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.'

His eyes were so sad while saying this. 'My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.''

My heart nearly stopped.

The little boy looked up at me and said: 'I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.'

Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then told me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't forget me.'

'I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.'

Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.

I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll?''

'OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his with out him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money.

The little boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!'

Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give It to my sister. He heard me!''

'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose.''

'My mommy loves white roses.'

A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket.

I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started.

I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.

Then I remembered a local news paper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl.

The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma.

Was this the family of the little boy?

Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the news paper that the young woman had passed away.

I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial.

She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest.

I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed for ever.. The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine.

And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.

Now you have 2 choices:

1) Repost this message, or

2) Ignore it as if it never touched your heart.

For those who prefer to think that God is not watching over us.... go ahead and delete this. For the rest of us... pass this on.

The value of a man or woman resides in what he or she gives, not in what they are capable of receiving.

SAVE LIVES DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE
TK, that was infinitely a beautiful thing what you did for that little boy, and you needn't justify it to anyone for anything there, Hon'.
As to whether or not the existence of God, Lord, or Supreme being, what have you, well, let's just say as someone who was only baptized catholic, but never went to church,(partly because of my father, whole different story!) I have no basis for comparison. I just know right here, right now, that you did a good thing. And you're right- Drunk Driving is donkey. Literally more wreckless than a handgun sometimes.
Luve ya-
Chuck.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
TK, that was infinitely a beautiful thing what you did for that little boy, and you needn't justify it to anyone for anything there, Hon'.
As to whether or not the existence of God, Lord, or Supreme being, what have you, well, let's just say as someone who was only baptized catholic, but never went to church,(partly because of my father, whole different story!) I have no basis for comparison. I just know right here, right now, that you did a good thing. And you're right- Drunk Driving is donkey. Literally more wreckless than a handgun sometimes.
Luve ya-
Chuck.
I didn't do that for the boy, I received this in an email.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
'God is watching over us'? You gave him the fucking money! Are you God?
And FYI, this story did not touch my heart. It lost all appeal and sympathy when God was brought into it.
SLB you need to take a lude. If the mere mention of God can make you flip out like that and completely disregard an otherwise positive message I hate to wonder what other things of import you have ignored or missed as well. :frown1:

I remember the first time I got this story back in '99... it's a real tear jerker. Goes to show how much more seriously we take things like DUI when there is a personal element to the consequences.
Yup! This one usually resurfaces in the weeks before Christmas.

Does anybody want to join flickr and see my taste in movies? Quote my post and say 'chain-letter' out loud three times, and two weeks from now your secret crush will kiss you.
Yikes! The time change seems to have made you a tad bitter No_Strings. :confused: Give T_K a break she meant no harm. As for you, I strongly suggest you go eat some pussy and chill out. :smile::tongue:

Sorry I didn't edit god out of there. I copied and pasted it, didn't think that message about drinking and driving could be lost because god was mentioned in it. I'm the most anti-religious person I know and I looked past it. Grow up.
I agree. That's a stupid reason to lose the message.

I didn't do that for the boy, I received this in an email.
Hi T_K, I think the reason you recv'd some negative responses is because as rob_just_rob stated this story has been going around the net for about 10 years. The bit at the end about passing it on makes it a chain mail which nobody likes. :frown1: I suspect that may be what turned HazelGod off but I may be wrong.