Don't you hate it when......

The understanding on a 4 way stop is that the first person to get there is the first person to go. Then the next and so on. If it is so busy that it becomes confusing the stop signs should be removed and a traffic light should be put in, or else remove it and make a 2 sign stop.

We call roundabouts circles when I lives in NJ. Most of them have been removed in NJ and I have not run into any in Florida.

The worst problem is so few people use turn signals at these intersections that it's stupid to trust that an oncoming car really is going to proceed straight ahead rather than turn. It's a great way to get into an accident.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't get the onesies twosies thing. And what happens where you don't know east and west? In Canada we follow rule a that at four-way stops or uncontrolled intersections if two cars arrive at the same time, the one on the right has the right of way and the one on the lefts yields. If they are going in opposite directions and one is making a turn, the 'turner' yields. But even this easy system can't be remembered by some simpletons.

Its the same in the States- I was using the cardinal directions simply as an illustration that OPPOSING Lanes always go TOGETHER.

So if three folks arrive at a four way- yes- the guy to the rightmost has right of way... however- the guy going in the opposite direction of HIM goes AT THE SAME TIME.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The worst problem is so few people use turn signals at these intersections that it's stupid to trust that an oncoming car really is going to proceed straight ahead rather than turn. It's a great way to get into an accident.

Yeah- when folks DON'T KNOW THE RULES_ they default to everyone going one at a time.

Which is infuriating.

When I learned to drive we had drivers ed... EVERYONE knew how a 4 way worked- I NEVER saw anyone turn in front of an oncoming car- they ALWAYS turned after them, I never saw anyone get in an accident.

Not so- today... I usually don't even turn on my turn signal anymore- because the jack ass coming the other way will stop short and wave me to go ahead.
Nice of him... but his little hesitation and flat out ignorance just doubled the time it take to clear the intersection... and when there are 5 or 10 cars in front of you going thru the intersection, and they ALL play this stupid game of "who goes first?" and "no no, I insist, after you..." it just bogs traffic down...

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The understanding on a 4 way stop is that the first person to get there is the first person to go. Then the next and so on.

NO!

First person to arrive determines RIGHT OF WAY. This means that if the second to arrive is going in the OPPOSITE direction- he gets to go along with the first person because they each have an open lane in front of them in direction that has the right of way.

If 3 cars from 3 directions arrive at the same moment... the TWO going in the opposite directions of each other ALWAYS go together. ( this is because when 3 arrive at once- the guy who is the rightmost is ALWAYS going to be the guy facing one car going the opposite way. )

If I am one of those two guys and I am turning left- ( which crosses his lane ) we BOTH pull forward into the intersection AT THE SAME TIME- when I get to the middle I slow- and he keeps on going past me... as soon as his rear bumper clears I turn across his lane and proceed.
The result? by the time HE has cleared the intersection, SO HAVE I.

Done by folks who know how to fucking drive, the left turner doesn't even have to stop= he just pulls forward slightly slower than the oncoming car.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not so- today... I usually don't even turn on my turn signal anymore- because the jack ass coming the other way will stop short and wave me to go ahead.
Nice of him... but his little hesitation and flat out ignorance just doubled the time it take to clear the intersection... and when there are 5 or 10 cars in front of you going thru the intersection, and they ALL play this stupid game of "who goes first?" and "no no, I insist, after you..." it just bogs traffic down...
That's where the roundabout system works so well. Traffic generally flows more smoothly. Except in Turkey... The genius traffic engineers have put signals on every single roundabout. So to make a left turn, you stop, then you make a quarter turn and stop again and wait through another light cycle, then you can go. And if you want to do a 180, you wait again. Fucking stupid. I could go on and on about traffic here. I heard we have the highest road death rate in the world.

This pisses me off more than anything.

I know people are trying to be nice, but if they have the right of way and decide to go while I'm making that turn, *I* am the one at fault. At the end of my road where it joins a larger 45mph road, I get this all the time. While the driver is looking to turn into my road, he's watching me with my left turn signal on. What he does not see is the idiot behind him who has decided to pass over the white line on the right. I'd have hit him or he me and it still would have been my fault because I didn't have right of way. When I refuse to go, they get mad that I'm not appreciative of their illegal yielding!

I wish I lived in Germany...

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Double parking on both sides, trying to get the car past these is a nightmare.

Moms with school runs who park anywhere and block roads, then stand yapping for ages with other moms.

Trying to get off the underground at your stop and people are pushing you back on whilst getting on themseves.

Shop assistants who cannot be arsed and throw your new clothes creased up in a bag.

just a few to start me off.

arthurdent

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I hate it when I'm driving behind someone on a main road and a car is waiting to emerge from a side road ahead and the car in front of me slows down, or in some cases actually stops, to let the car out on to the main road. I can hardly believe this even happens, but I have seen it numerous times. It's fair enough if the traffic on the main road is slow moving in a queue and you let someone in from a side road, but when the main road is flowing freely and someone slows/stops to let someone in, it's very annoying!

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
1OK Cb come clean....what are u talkin' 'bout?! I hope it isn't me...lol

I'm clean Hells ...I just had a shower!:tongue::naughty:
You know I simply and truly adore you and I always have.:hug:
We don't have any problems honeybunch!
Love ya'! :07: :love:
C.B.:saevil:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ugh. Me too. It's happened more times than I care to admit. Altho I think I've decided that I do that on purpose, subconsciously.

Ditto! Drives me up the freakn wall. I start yelling at them (even though I know they can't hear me) and say things like, "IT'S THE ONE ON THE RIGHT DUMBASS!" (Referring to the pedal, of course.)

I hate when people start to say something and then change their mind. Example: "Oh! I forgot to tell you... er... well... nevermind." :mad:

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't do something they said they would do. I don't mind it if it happens once in a while, but many people do it consistently and it drives me up the wall. My friend Melissa is HORRIBLE about that. I don't even bother making plans with her anymore. She says she calls, she doesn't... she says she'll show up at a certain time, and she either shows up late or not at all. And she's like this with everyone she knows, not just me. *sigh*

I'm sure there are more... I'll get back to you.

YES! YES! YES! that is one of mine too Meg! :eek::mad:
It drives me up the wall when people make plans with you and then you go out of your way to be there for them and do they call to tell you they have changed their plans? Hell no! The inconsiderate twerps just go
their merry way without a thought, care or phone call for you to say their plans have changed.
Lying is another one of my "hate it's". Please don't waste my time claiming how concerned you are for me when you are only concerned about how other people view me in relation to you.
Inconsiderate cretins!:biggrin1:

D_Sherian_LaNeige

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate it when people stop right at the top/bottom of the escalator and everyone behind them has to scramble about trying not to knock them over.
"Hm, hm, where shall I go, left to homeware or right to clothing... Or shall I step out of the fricking way while I make this decision?"

I hate it when random men continue to dance up to me in clubs even after I have blatently leapt out of the way and employed a male friend as a human shield.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm clean Hells ...I just had a shower!:tongue::naughty:
You know I simply and truly adore you and I always have.:hug:
We don't have any problems honeybunch!
Love ya'! :07: :love:
If i had any problems with u, would u et ED spank me with his big dick?:biggrin1:
(and when people think I`m a cock hungry whore, I ask myself why is that:rolleyes:)