Dragon! Come back here!

so, he's not making any false claims.

Really? He's not offering to back them up either and as a retired Mod he knows exactly the implication of the unfounded accusation.

As I said I find it pretty low.

Usually I keep out of threads, (like this one for the Dragon), if I don't have anything positive to add. That would be good advice to others i think.

Regarding being positive for the Dragon, yes, I believe she is a part of the rich tapestry. And I love her ass.
 
urm.. this is getting and staying ugly... and Mr. Hilaire is being cast unfairly as a villain. he is not the first person to say people were be recruited for other places.. and the original statement was made by someone else *not naming names* in a teasing/playful manner.

so, he's not making any false claims.

eta: this whole idea of sites being unmentionable.. and offering a link to friend as a violation of ToS is just fucking ridiculous. as if a side salon for friends holds any threat to this site or its membership. :irked:

i'm stuck/torn because i likes almost everyone involved, and i can see where both sides are coming from...

but.. i can't sit by and have someone i care about ripped apart without anyone backing him up. heaps of animosity are being thrown Mr. Hilaire's way, most of it based on the assumption on how he voted on certain Mod issues.. guess what, but for the folks who are Mods.. nobody has any idea how he voted.

Ms. Dragon, and i say this as a person who adores her razor-tongued, fire-fueled self... she's got a history with LPSG and multiple bans, from suicide by Mod to returning bannee. i think folks need to remember who was on the Mod Squad when she got reinstated before making accusations of conspiracy.

all i see is something that started out as a sense of betrayal on both sides.. and is now being fueled by gossip and half truths. as stated several times in rants and half-joking... stop it. really.. just stop.


I may not agree with all the rules, but when I agree with someone that calls someone else out for either crossing the line or walking it I will say I agree. Drifter is in the right in my opinion. And as far as Hilaire? I don't think I've heaped anything on him at all. I feel that his stepping down as mod was prudent. It seemed, to me, as though he had lost some of his objectivity in the matter due to its private and personal nature. More than that, is not for me to say honestly. I agree with you ML that calling other people to join another site shouldn't be a problem. The web is a big place, but slinging the fact around as an accusation is childish in my opinion and serves to only fuel the fire. I, like Drifter, like to keep my head out of the fray but I find myself pulled in by what I have read and what I have learned. Hopefully this issue will pass and all will be better for it. But sometimes impressions are hard to reverse. Hope that makes sense... I haven't woken up my brain fully yet. :-S
 
I feel that his stepping down as mod was prudent. It seemed, to me, as though he had lost some of his objectivity in the matter due to its private and personal nature.


Lost objectivity in what matter exactly? And how on earth would you know the first thing about what I was objective about and what I wasn't objective about? And you're saying I'm making unfounded accusations. :rolleyes:
 
Lost objectivity in what matter exactly? And how on earth would you know the first thing about what I was objective about and what I wasn't objective about? And you're saying I'm making unfounded accusations. :rolleyes:

At the risk of annoying or upsetting you further I was referring to your objectivity in the Dragon matter. But that again is not my place. Just my observation. In hind sight, as it is always 20/20, I should've just kept ma trap shut. But I hardly ever do what is prudent or right for the situation. And for the unfounded? Perhaps I was mistaken. But you were accusing a member or recruiting for another site? What I meant is that I have seen no evidence of such, as is very possible, and you haven't proven as such. Which is what I believe Drifter was saying, but I don't speak for anyone so I may have misinterpreted that. And I said I believe you lost objectivity only because of the heated nature of the argument and how close you were/are to the person in question. Whether you lost it or not is merely speculation on my part. And that is all it is. If it has upset you then either it is grossly innacurate or it is true. Whichever one it is, you can keep that to yourself. I require no proof for my peace of mind. So if I've offended you by me calling it as I see it then I truly apologize. Perhaps I've lost some objectivity in the matter as well. And despite the fact i may not agree I respect your opinion and your right to be indignant. You won't see any rolling of the eyes at you. Even though it's cute it's still dismissive. :smile:
 
There is no argument between myself and Dragon, heated or otherwise. I have no issue with her, and Drifter is being dramatic.


Edit: In any event, respecting what Aconitum has asked of us I'm going to make this my last post to this thread and hopefully it'll return to it's intended purpose. If anyone else has a problem with what I've said I'll gladly take it up with you in PM.
 
Last edited:
Really? He's not offering to back them up either and as a retired Mod he knows exactly the implication of the unfounded accusation.

i don't see anyone offering up any solid evidence of what Mr. Hilaire is supposedly guilty of.

As I said I find it pretty low.

my feeling about this whole soap opera.

Usually I keep out of threads, (like this one for the Dragon), if I don't have anything positive to add. That would be good advice to others i think.

i'll keep that in mind.

Regarding being positive for the Dragon, yes, I believe she is a part of the rich tapestry. And I love her ass.

i love Ms. Dragon. have since i started exchanging jokes/random and all else with her. have always stood up for her, ain't dumping on her now.
 
I may not agree with all the rules, but when I agree with someone that calls someone else out for either crossing the line or walking it I will say I agree. Drifter is in the right in my opinion. And as far as Hilaire? I don't think I've heaped anything on him at all. I feel that his stepping down as mod was prudent. It seemed, to me, as though he had lost some of his objectivity in the matter due to its private and personal nature. More than that, is not for me to say honestly. I agree with you ML that calling other people to join another site shouldn't be a problem. The web is a big place, but slinging the fact around as an accusation is childish in my opinion and serves to only fuel the fire. I, like Drifter, like to keep my head out of the fray but I find myself pulled in by what I have read and what I have learned. Hopefully this issue will pass and all will be better for it. But sometimes impressions are hard to reverse. Hope that makes sense... I haven't woken up my brain fully yet. :-S


why is one person held to a different set of standards? because of a former Mod status?

bullshit.

i would suggest check dates and event time lines.

before i burn more bridges or make more trouble for friends..on both side.. i'm out.
 
before i burn more bridges or make more trouble for friends..on both side.. i'm out.

I think everyone should bow out of this particular discussion... there are far too many assumptions being made on both sides, and it isn't going to be made any more clear by people going around in circles, pointing fingers, second guessing intentions, who did what, when and why!

I strongly suggest (as a member) that people stick to the point of the thread: Encouraging and bribing a missed member to return. Regardless of any personal feelings anyone may have, she is not subject to any ban, and is as valid a member as any of you!

(Comments not specifically directed at anyone, including ML - She simply provided a platform to bounce my post off!)
 
yea!! for serving a purpose!

Ms. Dragon.. please get your sexy ass back here.

the place is falling into chaos without the distracting magnificence of ya avatar and ya epic awesomeness of stomping these here boards !!