Duisburg peeps, please check in

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wait, was Luka going there? :wink: Seriously the local polizei did not handle the crowd control well at all.

May all those who have LPSG and that festival in common be safe.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No it did not.
It used to be a pretty good organized parade in Berlin with regularly over a million party guests, then the numbers decreased and it was canceled a couple of times because of funding difficulties, the last couple of years they decided to move it, it now takes palce in the ruhr region. The most heavily populated region in germany, it took place in Essen and Dortmund was supposed to take place in Bochum and now Duisburg.
All those cities are significantly smaller than Berlin and do not provide the same infrastructure, and there are hardly any experience values with events that big on the locations. I think this is part of why this bad location with the tunnel that ended up as a deathtrap being used as a bottleneck entry got chosen.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Damn... I f I stay here for another two, three or five years, will I learn to understand you?

Besides me, there is only one other person on this board who completely understands the Hikkstuh.

Not if you would ever like your sanity to stand up in a court of law.

You scorn the insanity defense?

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm performing in a musical in Essen, Germany at the moment. We were in Duisburg, which is only about 20 minutes away, this afternoon. We had a great time and didn't even realize this tragedy was taking place. We found out about it when we got to the theater. It occurred in a passageway tunnel that led from the city to the fields where we were. Because of the amount of people and where the stampede took place, I can't imagine how police or rescue workers could have ever gotten there in time to prevent or curtail this from happening. Just a tragic accident.

Chizzo

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i think it's ery sad :( ...the interviews for TV that the festival visitors gave were all the same...the people were running and stamping over the people on the street.
and nobody could breath or move out of this tunnel.

i think this is a horrible situation

Chizzo

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
19 dead people now..and ... not only germans...victims from australia,england,china etc. too...and 342 people got hurt and are in hospital now.
press conference was on 12h o clock and they didnt say much..they have too find out now why it happends....

damn ....:/

i was 2 times on the loveparade in Berlin..and it was fun there ! no panic...lot's of space and room too leave the event...