Favorite Band (currently)

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, The Beatles are probably the best band EVAR and will likely be the first band that you think of...

...but who, apart from that group, would you say is your favorite band (At least at the moment, as this is a very "fluid" title)?

I must say, I'm really torn. I *love* Queens of the Stone Age, and Black Sabbath and Dead Can Dance (as you can see I'm all over the place with my tastes), with Alice In Chains, Foo Fighters and Soundgarden following closely. I just can't pick!!

So howsabout you?

Mew

Writing the most beautiful music to be found and the most intriguing visuals, which they do themselves, period. Take 9 minutes and watch this. See what you think. This one song brings me to tears every time. I think it's because it sound like love enduring beyond the end of time.

And they rock too.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My favorites are usually groups most people have never heard of! I do think some have heard of some of these bands though...

Current favorites:

The Shins
Hidden Cameras
Of Montreal

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
got a similar taste in music with you avg. queens of the stone age have been my favourite band for years - completely their own sound, dirtiest rock - i'm not going to get into it too much though. second best probably Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My favorite band *Right Now* is Cradle of Filth - YouTube - Swansong for a Raven

There are lots of bands that I love, and some have been my favorites since I was a kid... but this is the band that I can't stop listening to at the moment, and the link I posted is my favorite song by them at the moment!

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, man...

My favorite bands right now:

*CSS-Cansei de Ser Sexi
*Lovers Make Liars
*Say Anything
*Angel City
*Jonas Brothers (HAHahAHAHahahhaaa...just kidding.)

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Seen some interesting choices, and some cool new bands to look into....thanks all for sharing!

I'm also really into Portishead and Massive Attack, right now. And when I need to kick it up a notch from there, there's Every Time I Die, and (a killer two-piece) Death From Above 1979.

Let's keep 'em coming!

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
One of the absolute greatest bands of the last century (and hopefully of this one. they haven't produced too much lately), is XTC!

They're one of the most innovative, strange, intelligent, diverse pop-groups around!

I might get slapped in the head for this, but I think Andy Partridge is as good a songwriter as both John Lennon AND Paul McCartney!

For anyone not familiar with this band, check out one of their songs:

YouTube - Xtc - Love On A Farm Boys Wages

sevencirc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Favorite band for the last 7-8 years: Dream Theater....a band that can, and does, sound like anything from Yes/King Crimson to Sabbath/Metallica. Best drummer (Mike Portnoy), one of top
guitarists (John Petrucci) along with Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, incredible keyboardist (Jordan Rudess), and bassist (John Myung). Most talented band I've ever heard.

Others over last 40 years:
Beatles
Zeppelin
Yes
Rush
Queen....

among others