Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Staring "middle age" in the face I have been pondering my motive for being on sites like this and the mostly mild forms of exhibitionism in which I embark. When you look at social media and how focused it is on the young and the aesthetically gifted, it is easy to feel a little bit invisible or unvalued because the the things that seem to "matter" (by which I mean get positive attention) are elusive to the rest of us.

I wonder how much that plays into the things some of us do... working out, wearing revealing clothing, or even overt exhibitionism. It makes me wonder what psychological button I'm hoping it will press. And does having a big dick (and acting in ways to let other people know about it) help ward off that feeling for you? Curious what other people, particularly older guys, think about this.

SirFroak

Expert Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When you look at social media and how focused it is on the young and the aesthetically gifted

Social media is intentionally distorted. In no way does it represent reality. The participants are actors, marketing their personal brand, and pander to a crowd in specific ways to get even more attention/money/fame.

Focus on your life, what's going on around you, and your friends. Ground yourself. There is only one you. You can't possibly be all the things that social media promotes.

Besides, people that chase the FOTM end up looking ridiculous.

Just be yourself.