Female

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know plenty of girls that are piss off when someone call them female.
They really hate to being called by this word.
I dont mind being call male.

Question to woman here : do you mind being call female?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think it's the word that anyone has a problem with. It's usually the tone used that will raise hackles.

Female vs. Fe-male

One is a mere indication of gender, the other seems to imply a categorization based on the gender.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How do you pronounce it. If you just say "female", most women aren't offended. If you pronounce it "cow" or "cunt" or "bitch" they tend to take umbrage.
The feminist girls are usually the ones that hate being called like that, not matter the tone .

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why would I be upset? That's what I am...and wouldn't want to be anything else! It's fun being a girl...I mean, we get to wear really cute and sexy stilettos and lingerie and drive men crazy with our bodies...ok, I guess men could wear the stilettos and lingerie too, just wouldn't have the same effect!

Macarion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why would I be upset? That's what I am...and wouldn't want to be anything else! It's fun being a girl...I mean, we get to wear really cute and sexy stilettos and lingerie and drive men crazy with our bodies...ok, I guess men could wear the stilettos and lingerie too, just wouldn't have the same effect!
:biggrin1: you arent a female

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know plenty of girls that are piss off when someone call them female. They really hate to being called by this word. It has to be your tone there really is no reason to use female in everyday conversation. Why not say woman? I
dont mind being call male. Question to woman here : do you mind being call female? Not usually no Some girls take the word as a sexist thing. Like saying that woman are inferior to guys or something. I dont mind being called a male .( humans are animals). I met several.
If you say OMG! You are a typical female! Then yes, I will likely take offense as that is an insult.

It's all context: "WORSHIP ME FEMALE!" will probably get a response you don't like. Wheras: "You happen to be a female" is perfectly nuetral.
Exactly! Context and tone are important.

grow4melanie

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gillette and Veronica, I believe, have it right.

It's not the word, it's a combination of tone and context.

Melanie.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It used to be condescending to call women "girls". Nowadays they call themselves girls, e.g., "I'm going out with the girls". The meanings of words change with the times. The Rat Pack and men of that generation used to call women broads. It was meant to be a compliment, but I'm not sure whether it's accepted today.