Foreskin length and degree of coverage of the glans

Your foreskin (in relation to the degree of coverage of the glans) is more similar to the type...

• A

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • B

Votes: 52 14.5%
  • C

Votes: 54 15.0%
  • D

Votes: 112 31.2%
  • E

Votes: 125 34.8%

• Total voters

nunchuks

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The age at which you retract your skin seems to determine how much you have as an adult, to a large degree. If a 5 year old boy (for whatever reason) takes it into his head that he wants to pull his foreskin back and keep it there then by the time he reaches adulthood he will end up with a very short foreskin which probably can't ever cover the glans. If a guy never tries to retract his foreskin before the age of say 18 then he will probably be totally covered all the time and may even develop a bad case of phimosis.

Shaft skin seems to grow in response to pressure. As a man's penis grows, if his foreskin is permanently retracted, the penis will outgrow the skin and you will effectively have an adult penis with an infant foreskin. If it is tightly anchored to the tip of his penis with a short frenulum and maybe even phimosis then the skin will grow significantly in order to cover the larger area.

I used to regret not retracting my foreskin at a young age. I felt I would have effectively had a circumcised penis but without ever needing surgery and stitches and scarring. In hindsight though I realise that a "natural circumcision" like this would probably always be kinda loose. For a genuinely tight result you would probably still need surgical intervention. The frenulum would probably need to get snipped eventually too, to stop the skin bunching up.

Flotiz

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The age at which you retract your skin seems to determine how much you have as an adult, to a large degree. If a 5 year old boy (for whatever reason) takes it into his head that he wants to pull his foreskin back and keep it there then by the time he reaches adulthood he will end up with a very short foreskin which probably can't ever cover the glans. If a guy never tries to retract his foreskin before the age of say 18 then he will probably be totally covered all the time and may even develop a bad case of phimosis.

I agree with this "theory"...

Green-monkey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with this "theory"...

This is a view that I agree with as well.

I was an “E”, but had been transformed into an “A” as a result of phimosis.

Falling into place within this “theory”, I had also only started to retract my foreskin slightly at around 14/15.

I recall replying in another thread, where a poster who also has a long overhang, mentioned that he only started retracting in his early teens.

Darthchi

Superior Member
Media

Shaft skin seems to grow in response to pressure. As a man's penis grows, if his foreskin is permanently retracted, the penis will outgrow the skin and you will effectively have an adult penis with an infant foreskin. If it is tightly anchored to the tip of his penis with a short frenulum and maybe even phimosis then the skin will grow significantly in order to cover the larger area.

I used to regret not retracting my foreskin at a young age. I felt I would have effectively had a circumcised penis but without ever needing surgery and stitches and scarring. In hindsight though I realise that a "natural circumcision" like this would probably always be kinda loose. For a genuinely tight result you would probably still need surgical intervention. The frenulum would probably need to get snipped eventually too, to stop the skin bunching up.

i tried that as a kid to have my penis look like my dad’s (who was cut), but the skin would always go back on the glans. I think you also have to consider the tickness of the skin. In my case, my skin is thick and obeys by its own rules.

Reactions: 2891

Curious statement. Is this from observation, personal experience?

i tried that as a kid to have my penis look like my dad’s (who was cut), but the skin would always go back on the glans. I think you also have to consider the tickness of the skin. In my case, my skin is thick and obeys by its own rules.
My experience seems to mirror yours as well. I've tried traction from as young as I can remember and after years of efforts well into my 20's. No success. My glans is slightly wider than the shaft and my foreskin was of the thicker variety and in time the foreskin would always overtake the glans and recover.

Reactions: Darthchi

nunchuks

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Curious statement. Is this from observation, personal experience?
Entirely speculative. I used to frequent foreskin retraction forums and this was a commonly held view. I think there were a few guys who said they were retracted from a young age and had very short foreskins so there was some anecdotal evidence. But then you get into chicken/egg territory.

Paediatricians perform circs quite loose these days because the understanding is that the shaft skin doesn't really grow with the penis so circs will tighten up as a boy's penis grows in adolescence. They cut them loose because the final result will be tighter by the time adulthood is reached. Makes sense to me that the same principle would apply with retracted foreskins.

Entirely speculative. I used to frequent foreskin retraction forums and this was a commonly held view. I think there were a few guys who said they were retracted from a young age and had very short foreskins so there was some anecdotal evidence. But then you get into chicken/egg territory.

The "short foreskin experience" seems to be the common factor from the few guys I've had contact with that have retracted foreskins as well. I was hoping for a different experience out there TY.

nunchuks

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The "short foreskin experience" seems to be the common factor from the few guys I've had contact with that have retracted foreskins as well. I was hoping for a different experience out there TY.

Even if a guy really wants to keep his foreskin retracted, he'll find it difficult if he has a long foreskin and very easy if he has a short foreskin. So you're more likely to find skinned back short foreskin guys than skinned back long foreskin guys anyway.

hervelouis75

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess I was a "E" in infancy, then a "D" after growing up (the foreskin pulled back by itself upon erection) ; and now I am back to "E" after years of pulling on my beloved foreskin to lengthen it (and the skin doesn't automatically pull back anymore when hard). I am very happy with that.

I’m an E when soft. I love my hood and love having it played with, tongued and it’s great for docking too.

Reactions: diver6

Although I am circumcised now, I feel like this can vary a lot even for the same guy. I could be anywhere from an E in cold weather to a B on a warm day. As I started wearing it skinned back it turned to somewhere between A and B.

Reactions: diver6